Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Baltic Huskies - new, seeking feedback

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun May 10, 2020 10:06 pm

Mark!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Mon May 11, 2020 3:39 pm

hello everyone, I hope you had a great weekend! <3 finals are starting to calm down for me, and my computer should be arrivin tomorrow (super early, I had no idea- it should have taken longer since the company that made the computer had to special order parts to fix it under warranty, but I will not complain!) so things should be picking up very soon!

the archive is still under way, but has been added to the front page: the first phase is fully underway as v1 is mostly done. just the rescue event kiddos need to be added, and then oats will begin the v2 dogs! there has been a little delay as now her computer is having some issues (we had to order a new cord for it, hoping that is the issue) but she should be resuming her work tonight.

by the time she is finished, hopefully most of the legwork of preparation for the species will be done, and then we can immediately start making error fixes and judging overdue competitions.

for the rest of the night, I will be tying up loose ends from the past couple of days. it is quite late here but my hopes is that by tomorrow night I will have assessed everything and start working on filling staff positions. the first thing I believe will be in order then is to finalize any decisions based off of community feedback (including cs, discord, and the google form) and decide how this species will be turning: after that, systems such as transfers, customs, and founders. by this point, I should have a comfortable amount of staff, and can begin planning an opening event.

this, of course, does not have a specific timeline, but things should be moving a lot quicker once I have my laptop back. as always, I appreciate your patience with everything! I want to make sure this is all set up correctly and not haphazardly, as I feel I owe it to the community to double check everything and make sure things will work right the first time around.

if any of you need anything, please feel free to reach out! otherwise, take care n enjoy the rest of your weekends!
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
taken ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Thu May 14, 2020 6:37 am

hello everyone, apologies for the double post but I wanted to give everyone a heads up: my laptop was sent back to me broken (the Dell technician messed everything up). on the way to see if I could get it fixed at the repair center that is close to here, my tire popped, and because of how the tow truck made me back up it completely trashed the back of my car.

my car costs 2500$ to fix (it took them a whole day to diagnose all the issues) and I still have a broken laptop, so I do not even have money to put towards fixing my old laptop because everything is going towards my car. my laptop is broken to the point where the pen does not even work since it was damaged so badly by Dell support that the battery was pierced- their only solution is to send it out to them to get it fixed again, but who knows how long that could take if I do that. I may be trying to reach out to someone else and see.

I apologize for the delay, as such things have been crazy. oats is still working towards the archive, and when it is done, I will be working with her to get numbers fixed and judge competitions. for competitions that were never created (ie revoked adopts who were never rehomed), those will be on hold, as I may be revamping these dogs to readopt them out fresh.

I appreciate your patience, everyone: in the coming days I will be announcing some staff who will be easing the load a little bit so that things are not dragged to far behind. rest assured, I will be getting this species up and running!

if anyone has any comments/questions/concerns/etc please feel free to reach out to me. thank you!

edit ;; I will just make an addition to this comment: I am not opening new staff positions, as this is just announcing artists. this being said, please do not contact me about becoming staff. if you would like to be on the team, we would be glad to have you: but you need to try out when forms publicly go up.

the only exception I am making to this is co-owner, as they have to be someone I know well and trust (which is part of where I was saying I will be announcing staff). please just be patient, especially because a lot of the "traditional" adopt roles are going to be nixed and re worked. thank you for your patience, everyone <3
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

morgan . he/him pronouns
taken ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lirrie » Mon May 18, 2020 6:29 am

Im watching these
ImageMy Da /Crystalines Sangie's SantuaryImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 9 gifts.

Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exotica. » Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 pm

Mark!

I would love to see a mainly adopt based species, but maybe with a little arpg sprinkled in. In reality I'm down for whatever, I just know how time consuming the arpg side can become.
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Exotica. | She/Her | Henlo :3
Not on too often anymore
My ADHD will bring me back
Feel free to PM me anytime!
ERRP KF RT BRT Toyhouse

🌿🌿🌿
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Sat May 23, 2020 2:35 pm

Mark!

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:07 pm

marking! i missed this species!

I just would like to not see this species become a "pay to adopt" species. I know there are a lot of those out there, and I understand that many artists want to be compensated, however, especially for a species that was at one time all free, I'd be really disappointed to no longer be able to participate because I'm broke. c:

Also, if this species does take a more ARPG approach, I would prefer that there always be an option between writing and art to level up, rather than requiring one or the other (or one of both). A leveling system akin to that of Valley of Kings and Hunter's Woods would be awesome, as that offers a lot of freedom for artists and writers alike.

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Sat May 23, 2020 3:23 pm

Firedancer77 wrote:marking! i missed this species!

I just would like to not see this species become a "pay to adopt" species. I know there are a lot of those out there, and I understand that many artists want to be compensated, however, especially for a species that was at one time all free, I'd be really disappointed to no longer be able to participate because I'm broke. c:

Also, if this species does take a more ARPG approach, I would prefer that there always be an option between writing and art to level up, rather than requiring one or the other (or one of both). A leveling system akin to that of Valley of Kings and Hunter's Woods would be awesome, as that offers a lot of freedom for artists and writers alike.

glad to see you back! <3
I mentioned this in the discord but was waiting to post officially, but tomorrow I will be posting updates for everything! let me quote the discord message:

hello everyone- sorry for being so silent. oats and I are working on real life drama, but we are in the process of building a desktop for her. we were hoping to have it mostly up and running (we were missing a few parts) but it looks like our keyboard went missing in transit today... on top of that, our case mod items haven’t arrived before it rained this weekend so it looks like it will still be a while before we can actually put the thing together.

this being said: my game plan for tomorrow is going to be staff. I will be contacting prospect staff relatively soon, announcing new staff members and potentially post staff apps for moderators, banker(s), and “systems managers” (for titling threads, the like... I have not decided on the name yet).

my reasoning on this is that I have this weekend off, theoretically should not have to deal with any irl nonsense, and should have time to at least open apps up and go through applications.

hopefully that makes sense, if not, I will be clarifying everything tomorrow! <3

this all being said, I do need to update the title, since the feedback is mostly completed! this will be fully posted tomorrow, but as it stands, the basic system is that everything has the chance to be free. I will be keeping the base adopts (so, ones you would try out for) free so they will not be pay to adopt ^^ to combat this, I will be making "extras" such as customs and transfers something you would pay the artists for. there are some limitations, as everyone will get one BH transfer for free, and customs can be won for free occasionally, but for the most part they will be paid so that artists can be compensated. however, this species is mostly meant to be just a fun little time sink, not so much about the money, so the main focus is just the community and enjoying a relaxing atmosphere ^^ these systems are not set up yet fully, so if you have any more specific questions such as currency or price, I cannot answer that at the moment, but I will be updating the community as things get finalized!

as for the arpg approach, we won't be doing any sort of system like valley of kings or hunters woods: instead, I will be following the footsteps of the original adopts with "competitions". the system itself is not set up yet (due to IRL issues, it has been pushed back, but I am having our co owner who will be announced tomorrow work on it for us!) but you can gather a general idea of how it works here:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4330394#p130300140
so, both people who are writers and artists will be given a chance, as well as people who just don't have time for that sort of thing ^^ (I rather like the idea too of developing a specific dog rather than a kennels, since most people either tend to develop their kennels anyway or have 0 interest in doing it)

everything is unfortunately behind since I am working on finding a new car, figuring out college finances, waiting for my drawing laptop to get fixed a second time, while waiting on computer parts for my gf's desktop: however, I am making sure at least that in this time we'll be double checking everything and getting everything set up so that when we open, it'll be a great experience for everyone! : ) tomorrow I will be making an official post on everything so everything can be clarified!

very happy to see you back though! if you need anything feel free to reach out ^^ <3
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

morgan . he/him pronouns
taken ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Ooo that all sounds wonderful! ^-^ I'm super excited to see how this develops and that it's going to be unique and still its own thing as opposed to just trying to match a lot of the other species out there. c:

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:36 am

gosh I remember the first kids but sadly found them to late, hope to get into these beauties.
Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me