Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

❄ ── aug 2023 quests.

Postby echo into void » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:07 pm

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
username; echo into voidxxxxxxxxxxclan; snowclan
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

❄ ── QUEST ONE

in the heart of ashfluff, the admiration for her leader, brokenstar, burned like a steady flame. from the earliest days of her apprenticeship, brokenstar's presence had cast a profound influence on ashfluff's journey. to her, brokenstar was more than just a leader; she was a guiding light, a source of strength, and a wellspring of wisdom.

brokenstar was the embodiment of everything a true leader should be. the firm decisions, the unwavering commitment to snowclan's welfare, and the strategic mind that always seemed to find a way through the thickest challenges – all of these traits left an indelible mark on ashfluff's own leadership aspirations. brokenstar's stern demeanor was a reflection of her dedication, and ashfluff admired the leader's ability to make the difficult choices that others might shy away from.

brokenstar's wisdom was another facet that ashfluff cherished. the way brokenstar's gaze could see beyond the surface, considering the intricate threads of loyalty, unity, and strategy, was a skill that ashfluff yearned to cultivate. every word that fell from brokenstar's mouth was weighed with experience, and ashfluff hung onto each one, storing them like precious gems in her heart.

but it wasn't just brokenstar's leadership skills that captured ashfluff's reverence. it was the sense of safety and belonging that the leader provided. in the heat of battles or the chill of leaf-bare, brokenstar's presence was a comforting assurance that snowclan would endure. ashfluff often found herself drawing strength from brokenstar's example, especially in moments of doubt or challenge.

as the deputy of snowclan, ashfluff's loyalty to brokenstar was unwavering. she felt a profound duty to protect her leader, to stand by her side through thick and thin, just as brokenstar had stood by the clan's side. their connection was a deep-rooted bond, forged through shared trials and triumphs.

to ashfluff, brokenstar was not just a leader; she was a mentor, a role model, and a beacon of inspiration. she aspired to carry forward the legacy that brokenstar had set, to uphold the values of snowclan with the same dedication and passion. brokenstar's impact on ashfluff's life was immeasurable, shaping her into the deputy she had become, and the cat she hoped to be in the seasons to come.

[ 368 words ]

❄ ── QUEST THREE

in the tranquil embrace of solitude, darkfire found a refuge that no other place could offer. the gentle rustling of leaves and the distant sounds of the forest became her companions, providing a backdrop to her thoughts. among the shadows, she could think clearly, her mind unburdened by the noise of everyday clan life. it was here, away from prying eyes and well-meaning sympathy, that she retreated when the weight of grief descended upon her.

when news of the loss reached darkfire's ears, her heart clenched in a vise of sorrow. emotions swirled within her, a tempest that she preferred to navigate alone. darkfire understood that grief was a deeply personal journey, one that could neither be rushed nor shared easily. she didn't shy away from the pain; instead, she embraced it, allowing herself to feel every pang, every memory, and every tear that flowed in the sanctuary of solitude.

darkfire's grieving process was a dance between introspection and retrospection. she sought the quiet corners of the territory, where memories of her loved one lingered like echoes of their presence. underneath the starlit sky, she would recall shared moments, conversations, and laughter, allowing the weight of their absence to settle in her heart.

while solitude was her chosen path, darkfire wasn't entirely cut off from her clanmates. when they offered condolences, she responded with a nod or a quiet "thank you," appreciating their support even if words felt inadequate. she recognized their well-intentioned gestures, knowing that grief was something all cats experienced in their own way.

as time passed, darkfire's steps grew more sure within the embrace of solitude. she found solace in the rhythm of the forest, the ebb and flow of nature's cycles mirroring the ebb and flow of her emotions. the breeze that rustled the leaves seemed to whisper secrets, and the stars above felt like the eyes of those who had passed on, watching over her.

darkfire's heart gradually mended, not because the pain lessened, but because she learned to carry it with grace. just as a scar bears witness to a wound that once was, her grief became a testament to the depth of her love. she emerged from her solitude not as a shattered soul, but as a cat whose spirit had been tempered by loss and emerged stronger for it.

in her own way, darkfire's solitude was a tribute to the one she had lost. it was a canvas upon which she painted the colors of memory and healing, a sanctuary where she could honor the past and embrace the future. through the quiet strength of solitude, darkfire found the courage to continue on, her steps guided by the echoes of the cat she held dear.

[ 453 words ]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:18 pm

Username: Wretched.Felidae + 810686
Clan: Zenith + Saguaro’Clan

Quest One
{ Wolf’Star - Dead’Eye }
- -
Quest Two
{ Howling’Wind }
hehe thanks zero i cherish the bracelet <3
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razr » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:21 am

Username: razr
Clan: tears of renatus

Quest Number: 1
Response:
my name is atticus !
- he/him + all neos
- queer
- please use tone tags !
- chronic gifter
- dm me for a joke >:)

jacqolantern on disc// TH // artfight

razr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArithMedic » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:34 am

Username: ArithMedic
Clan: The Bronze Fleet

Response:
Golden Heart has conflicted feelings about the Fleet Commander, Mist Seeker.

Most importantly, Mist Seeker is her mother. She feels a strong familial connection and duty to her mother and loves her greatly. However, being both her mother and her superior, sometimes Golden feels like she cannot communicate freely with Mist about certain topics for fear of creating tension while they’re working. Mist Seeker also had to balance being Fleet Commander with being a mother, and sometimes being a mother had to come second place and the fleet was prioritized over Golden’s needs. Golden tries not to resent her for this, but, at the same time, she needed her mother, and her mother wasn’t there for her.

Secondly, her mother’s position as Fleet Commander and the primary decision maker in the fleet led to tension with Golden. Golden has not agreed with some of the decisions her mother has made, as an employee might disagree with their boss’ decision, and some of them have led to unfortunate circumstances. Golden harbors frustration with her mother for those events, and for not listening to the opposing parties, however in general she does trust her mother’s wisdom and intuition. Mist is flawed, as everyone is, and has blind spots regarding particular desires of hers.

Lastly, Golden is a very different personality from Mist. Golden is very reserved and prefers to observe and gather data before making decisions and usually prefers the most cautious route. Mist, on the other hand, is very adventurous and likes to listen to her own whims and plan around them. She weighs how enjoyable or exciting something is against the level of caution she believes she needs to have. While she does take greater caution when making decisions that affect others and takes great care with her responsibilities as a leader, her carefree attitude off-duty can irritate Golden to no end.
Word Count: 312 words

Quest Number: 2
Response: Mouse drawing cause my drawing tablet is still packed somewhere

xxx__________________________________
xxxI go by Arith for short!
xxxChristian, Autistic, ADHD, College Student
xxxArtist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
xxx__________________________________
ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:45 am

Username: vivika
    Clan: azeryn with piero + prince! <3

Quest Number: #3
    Response:

of the thousands of things he should have asked her, this one was the easiest. the one with no balance of love and loss, risk and reward, wishes and wants. a recipe of friendship and firelight forest nights. a recipe she would have loved to share.

but it was too late now.

“what?” the fragrance of salt and brine lilted in the grey of the kitchen, but it wasn’t just from the tuna and nori. he sniffed, the ebony flakes of seaweed crackling as he swept them into a bowl. a few flakes remained, stubbornly stuck to his toes. “whatcha looking at? it’s just the onions, lad. shoulda kept them far away from me ━ y’know i have weak eyes.”

the little frog perched upon the calloused wood of the workstation stared back, unblinking. no. onions. here.

“don’t you go giving me attitude, you little whippersnapper.” a dash of pepper, a pinch of salt, a twist of lemon━whip it all together. "takes a lot to make these cookies. i don't remember everything she said about 'em."

a sprig of thyme, some mint, now the seaweed flakes…

she? the frog croaked, although more belch than ribbit. he straightened, chest puffed like the little prince he was and the rosy pink of his tongue poking out. this again? she's not even dead━

he slammed the oven door shut. his paws skimmed the glassy surface, scrolling past pings and alerts, dialing a scroll wheel to the right temperature. he jabbed a claw at the timer.

19:59 minutes.

his head snapped to his companion━a warm flush freckling his cheeks and tongue primed for a lashing━but as a soft beep from the oven sliced through the silence, he sighed.

"i'm aware, prince." the little frog hopped, nestling upon the crook of his shoulder. "i just… everyone thinks losing a loved one to the grave is hard. and i don't doubt that one bit, y'know?"

prince's cool frame pressed against his chin. gentle. "but losing someone that still sees the light of day… it’s different."

❖ ❖ ❖

she was his little red riding hood.

long scarlet curls always loose from her braids, hood over her head and always tugging her little red wagon of treats through the alleys. a baker's daughter with a boisterous laugh that'd scare off the big bad wolves. including him.

but she lured him over with her treats. tuna and nori baked with cheese━

❖ ❖ ❖

the cheese.

17:03 minutes.

a breathless wheeze in his throat, he launched himself across the wooden countertops. wooden spoons crashed upon the granite floors, spices spilled as if tubes of paints emptied of its contents, but he had it. his jaws closed around the cackling packaging of shredded flakes and he yanked the oven open.

a quick flick of the bag and soft creamy flakes spilled onto the baking tray, flowing as if a trail of stardust.

falling.
    … flowing.
    …… cascading.

❖ ❖ ❖

stardust eyes.

eyes of the stars, heart of an angel, soul of a saint. but always the laughter of a sailor━thunderous and booming, her head thrown back and jaws open. she rose from her crouch, nose gently ruffling the curls of a village kitten. her tail unfurled like a rose blossom and gently pushed a few leaf-wrapped treats, tenderly done-up into those ash-streaked paws.

“take them, please. i wouldn’t know what to do with them otherwise. and hey, take some back to that sister of yours.” a bop on the nose. “got it, kiddo?”

it was their routine.

a walk through the fallen outskirts of the city where the ash never seemed to fade. azure dust tinted shattered windows and indigo ivy curled against flickering lanterns. tonight, the mist curled as if claws, the winds nipping at the nape of her scarlet hood. not that it ever stopped her.

“brie?” her eyes fluttered to his, wide and luminous, the faintest hint of a grin on her lips. “wagon’s empty. we should probably head back. may be some mutated lupines around.”

"ah, piero. always the straight shooter." she pulled the wagon close, retrieving a scarlet envelope. against the bottom of the wagon, it was near invisible. she grinned. “but you could never beat me━admit it. go on, open it.”

the warble of parchment seemed to still the swirling mist.
    cream and gold, elegant, swooping script, the seal of a merchant’s emblem.

his heart stuttered, a staccato stop. “you━”

“yes.” and those stardust eyes never wandered from his as she pulled her cloak down, scarlet curls loose against her forehead. "my papi is opening up the floor for suitors. i told him about you and well… this invite is yours."

❖ ❖ ❖

the grey of the kitchen seemed to close-in like a gathering storm.

BURN WARNING!
    9:13 minutes ━ continue?

“no no no!” ignoring the twinge in his back, he flung the oven doors open. smoke poured out, a ravenous swarm of silver and grey gnats set on conquering the small kitchen space. eyes stinging, he swatted them, throat raw. “prince, the windows!”

with a creak, the cracked paned windows swung open.

cool bliss of the breeze kissed his cheeks. the fragrance of petrichor and morning dew splashed into the grey of the kitchen, gently steering the gnats to the open. from the glass windows, little shimmers of iridescence danced, curving like crescents against the granite.

ignoring the twinge in his back, he clambered onto the tarnished gold of the window seat and slumped down. his chin rested upon his paws, right next to a set of long, sticky toes splayed against the windowsill.

i thought you were a scientist. he could almost sense the eyeroll from that one. the frog let out a soft croak. well? finish your story, let me guess…the mutated wolves ate your invite?

“... i didn’t show.” not till the end.
    ❖ ❖ ❖

the soft coo of doves chimed in tandem to the tinkling laughter of bells.

zinnia and lavender wreaths adorned the hanging gardens and glided off every marbled surface. at the center, two spirals wove together, their walls of florals and marble meeting at the center. one of cerise and accents of gold, another of the palest of blues━a blush of soft daylight.

she would never see him, but he was there. above in one of buildings with far too many windows and far from prying eyes. her curls were in intricate braids, none out of place, and her stardust eyes set on only one.

the one meandering through spirals of lavender to meet her at the center.

she was little red.
    and he was the huntsman.

she was walking, her paws skimming the florals, cerise petals trailing behind her. scarlet hood still over her head.

the huntsman who never showed. who never came to her rescue. who never came for her paw. he didn’t have a chance━not against the aristocats, not against the sector politics. he had nothing━nothing to offer, nothing to bargain with, nothing. he was a fisher’s son with grandiose dreams.

she pivoted, a second’s halt from the center.

he had nothing.
    he was nothing.
    he was a nobody.

stardust eyes skipped around as if frolicking butterflies. down and around and up.
    up, up, up towards the buildings━his building.

he shouldn’t be here.
    she couldn’t see him.
    couldn’t possibly see him.
    but maybe━

stardust eyes shifted, a soft flush on her cheeks as she stepped to the center. soft murmurs, soft steps, soft smiles. but now, her gaze was intent. focused on only one━the one of daylight and lavenders set before her. lowering her hood, she knotted a loose curl into her braid. and gently rested her head on her lover’s shoulder.

he was a fool.
    the world’s greatest fool.

she hadn’t seen him.
    but he’d seen her.
    and she… she was happy.

this was for the best.
    … right?

❖ ❖ ❖

0:00 minutes

the soft beeping from the oven tugged him to his paws, his little companion leaping at his heels. faint wisps of smoke still snaked out of the opening, although less dark and more soft. light and pale as if little moths.

well? a cool tongue clung to his heel, insistent. are the cookies burnt?

burnt cheese oozed, crusted with ebony, ambers and golden bronze, spilling into the cracks and crevices of already crumbling cookies. he coughed as dark dust fell as if ash scattered along granite. “salvagable, i think. just gotta scrape off the burnt parts is all.”

prince’s eyes bulged. i’d rather eat onions.

“you can’t even eat onions, lad.” with a snort, he folded the cookies into little leaves, wincing as tendrils of cheese snaked from the creases. “it’s the thought that counts anyways. now, c’mon.”

where are we going?

“to finish this off.” a faint smile creased his jaws as he flicked the curtains aside, revealing a rickety tin wagon. gently, he slid the packaged treats in, before patting the inside of the wagon. with a flick of his paw, he extended a wrinkled piece of paper to the little frog. and shook a tiny jar of bugs. “what do ya say, prince? a little trip down memory lane?”

Word Count: 1510 words
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 - September Quest Round

Postby elliott. » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:15 pm

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for your replies!! I'll have your prizes figured out soon!"

The current round has ended.

August Quests Results

Quest #1
crexmii -- +20 exp
strawberryjelly -- +45 exp
echo into void -- +25 exp
ArithMedic -- +25 exp
razr -- +40 exp
Wretched.Felidae -- ++20 exp

Quest #2
Wretched.Felidae -- +25 exp
ArithMedic -- +35 exp

Quest #3
crexmii -- +35 exp
echo into void -- +30 exp
vivika -- +85 exp

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"And here are some special prizes for those who put extra effort into their entries!
You can use this to buy some cool stuff from StarClan's shop!"

vivika -- +140 stardust

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for participating! I loved hearing about each of your Clans!"

"While I loved all of your entries, these ones were my favorites! Here's something extra for your hard work!"

Quest #1 - crexmii & razr
+1 1 UC MYO

Quest #2 - Wretched.Felidae & ArithMedic
+1 C MYO

Quest #3 - vivika
+1 1 UC MYO

Hana wrote:"Wait wait wait, I have more questions, don't leave yet!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
Draw or write about the worst thing one of your cats has ever done.
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #2
Draw about a cat who got injured somehow (scar, broken leg, missing tail, etc).
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Write about the Clans relationship with another Clan.
You may only write your response to this prompt.
Last edited by elliott. on Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:58 pm

Username: Wretched.Felidae + 810686
Clan: Zenith + Saguaro’Clan

Quest One
The past 8 moons have been filled with bickering and small fights over traveling prey that hang out at the rook of the mountainside, a neutral territory between both Zenith and Cascade’Clan. With bareleaf approaching and critters not having the energy to travel up the mountain, Zenith has found themselves traveling further and further to hunt. After their most recent confrontation about getting a bit close for comfort to Cascade’Clan, another strike was plotted against them. The same cats that had caused a fire a few years ago are now prepared to strike again- Now with a premeditated plan. Dead’Eye summons a small group of cats that consist of Vixen’Snarl, Lupine’Tooth and Lavender’Haze- Even convincing the son of Wolf’Star, Grave’Paw. With their meeting kept behind closed caverns they plot to burn Cascade’Clan out of the valley for good without Wolf’Star knowing.

After a waiting game for the heat of summer to mix with the dry of fall, the perfect day arrives where the grass is brittle and yellow from lack of water, flint is stolen from Withered’Flame’s stock and brought along with rigid stones. The group of five now disperses into a group of three and a group of two, each group tasked with covering Cascade’Clan’s entrance and exit. In the silent of night, all that could be heard was the sound of stones colliding into each other. Next, a small flame had quickly swallowed up any nearby dry foliage. Fortunately for the resting cats within camp, the second group of Zenith cats struggled to get their sparks to ignite. This allowed for the panicked cats to escape the burned camp. Confronted with an overwhelming anger, sorrow and loss, the group of Zenith cats had been shown a claw or tooth from nearly each cat, only sparing the young soul of Grave’Paw who looked like he had seen headlights when he realized the amount of damage he had been talked into causing.
Unable to stop the monster of a fire that now had grasp of everything they had known, Cascade’Clan had been forced to leave the valley and seek refuge elsewhere. Carnelian’Heart has chosen it is best to rename the clan for the sake of their safety and relevance. After all controversy about the change, Cascade’Clan was then renamed to Saguaro’Clan.
{381 Words}

Quest Two
wip

Quest Three
wip
Last edited by Wretched.Felidae on Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
hehe thanks zero i cherish the bracelet <3
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:50 pm

quest one.

poppymask! what..what have you done?!”

the voice rang through her ears clear as a bell.
the blood on her paws was evident.

all her fault.

it was simply…a prank taken too far.

ugh..I’m so bored.
her brain longed to make mischief.

the rustling of leaves.
a recognisable brown head popped out of the undergrowth.

“hey, poppymask.” the solid brown tom mewed.

“good to see you too, brownpelt.” poppymask dipped her head respectfully.

wait.
this was the perfect opportunity.

since the she-cat was bored out of her mind,
an idea suddenly came, fizzing into being.

WIPWIPWIP

quest two.

WIP
Last edited by crexmii on Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the council shall decide your fate
stars! ⛅️ wind reapers! ⛅️ wind reapers archive
ImageImageImage Image
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberryjelly » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:10 am

Username: strawberryjelly
Clan: Tribe of the Fallen Light

Response: https://toyhou.se/22934766.augustus#70661497
The splitting of the tribe; Atlas generally carry’s himself with honor but he deeply regrets it has to come to such a point
Word Count: n/a

Quest Number: 2
Response: https://toyhou.se/22848422.river-mist#70662167
River Mist fell of the side of a waterfall to what she thought would be her death, but miraculously survived with just a few scars and a single blind eye
Word Count: n/a

Quest Number: 3
Response:
Fallen Light vs Haunted Forest
wip but deeply hate each other and when fallen light moved into its new era as the Atlas Empire the forest does everything to take it dowb
wip
Word Count: idk yet :0
Last edited by strawberryjelly on Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
val | she/her | Fallen Light | hi ! call me valerie :) an animal lover, farming game enthusiast. i'm not on here much anymore but feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

<- click for image credit
strawberryjelly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:46 pm

Username: canadianhowl