Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:25 pm

Clan of the Sea Breeze
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
Ternfeather sways on his feet, dazed and feeling more than a little bit off-kilter from his encounter. That cat… there had been something unnatural about them. He can’t shake the memory of dragon eyes, piercing through him, the stranger’s ominous look as they left. And yet they had been starving, a pathetic cat overall. Perhaps things could have ended differently. Perhaps he should have offered food and safety, rather than telling them to leave.

But would the dragoncat have accepted? Would their pride have allowed them to be taken care of, to be fed and sheltered within the clan to their full potential, to no longer be a scrawny scrap of a cat? Or would they have sneered at the prospect of aid, at help and community instead of a life of border skirmishes and being alone?

For now, it is too late to tell. They’ll… they’ll have to arrange more patrols, make sure no cat is alone. The cat didn’t put up much of a fight, but, still. Better two cats around to make sure no one gets hurt too badly. Perhaps having more cats would discourage the intruder as well. And perhaps next time, if there really is a next time, they will be able to do something more permanent about this particular intruder.

But um. Ah. Erm. There’s a new cat now with Igneouspaw. Their apprentice. They’d sent him away to get help, even though it seemed they ultimately hadn’t needed it. They had mostly just wanted him away from the fight anyways. But he’s brought someone back? But not someone else from the clan. But someone who seems friendlier?

They’re almost dismayed at him for having somehow found another stranger, and bringing them to him. He should know better; he’d just seen how a rogue encounter could go bad. And yet…

Furzetuft, Furzetuft. The gears in his head slowly shift. Not someone from the island, but a warrior’s name nevertheless. So, how…? It clicks together slowly, Haywing mentioning other clans he’d seen on his travels. Ah, this must be one of them. He nods slowly. “Herbs,” he repeats. He reaches for the lungwort he’d just gathered - but that is soaking wet! Useless, or well. Not useless, but certainly not the best gift either. And it’s best to make a good impression.

Instead, they push forward the extra goatweed he and Igneouspaw had found. “Would this do?” he asks. “If not, there’s more we found today, and more at camp. I’m sure Ravenmask wouldn’t mind sharing, especially not if there’s a sick cat out there that can be helped.”

[ #432 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Ternfeather | they/he | HP 90% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Igneouspaw | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
here
-- level 3
experience: 138/400
-- items in inventory used
-1 goatweed
(Furzetuft quest)
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x1
gecko | 1 FP | x1
lizard | 1 FP | x1
minnow | 2 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
small bird | 2 FP | x1
fish | 3 FP | x1

Alderbark | x1
Chamomile | x1
Coltsfoot | x2
Goatweed | x1
Juniper Berries | x1
Lamb's Ear | x1
Lavender | x1
Lungwort | x1
Marigold | x1
Sorrel | x1
Tormentil | x1

Extra:
Quest rewards/exp: here
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[011] ~ Explore (Lissidom)

Postby LiLi041 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:02 am

Last Explore Post: here! | Last Response Received: here!
Level 4 (136/500 exp) | Death Opt-In: Yes | Predators/Prey: default

Patrol
Lissi | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Hal | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Maurus | he/him| HP 94% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Chachar | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Pinepaw (Pineapple) | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Lily | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no

Items Used
  • bird | 4 FP | x1

Active Quests
  • n/a

Inventory
Prey:
  • scraps | 1 FP | x4
  • bugs | 1 FP | x1
  • vole | 2 FP | x2
  • squirrel | 3 FP | x1
  • minnow | 3 FP | x1
  • rabbit | 4 FP | x1
Herbs:
  • daisy leaves | x2
  • thyme | x1
  • comfrey root | x1
  • horsetail | x2
  • parsley | x1
  • burnet | x3
  • feverfew | x1
  • ragwort | x1
  • dried oak leaves | x1
  • goldenrod | x1
  • goatweed | x1
  • broom | x1
  • bright-eye | x1
  • water hemlock | x1
  • celadine | x1
  • catchweed | x1
  • dock | x1
  • chervil | x2
"Pineapple!" a squeaky, high-pitched voice called out, accompanied by the pitter-patter of hurried paws striking the crisp, snow-covered ground. Pinepaw, future warrior name Pineapple, turned his head exasperatedly at the caller, a small, light-colored ball of fluff.

"My name is Pinepaw," he rebuked gently, without much force behind it. "I'm still an apprentice, without a warrior name."

Lily pouted, and fidgeted with her toe beans irritably. "But I heard my mama and papa say that you would get the name Pineapple in the future," she muttered quietly, as if she was confessing a secret to him, meant for only his ears. Upon seeing his mouth open slightly, about to speak, she added quickly, "And I don't know why your name needs to change anyways, you can just always be Pineapple like how I'm always going to be Lily!"

Pinepaw laughed good-naturedly. "I know that will be my name in the future. But Lissidom is trying to become more of a traditional warrior clan, like those distant clans in the south, with names each having a birth prefix and a given suffix. It's our duty as the clan's second generation to try to help with the conversion," he told her, patting her head. Lily's eyebrows scrunched together. Before she could speak, though, he gave her another headpat and added, "You know why your name doesn't follow that tradition, it's because your parents planned your name long before Father came back and convinced the clan to change the naming traditions of new kits. But that doesn't mean you should call me Pineapple before it's time, Lily." Lily frowned and turned away, not wanting to acknowledge this. Pinepaw looked at her unhappy form, and gave in slightly, saying, "But for another moon, you can call me Pineapple. Just another moon, alright?"

Lily turned back, her tail whipping up a small flurry of snow cheerfully. "Alright!" she agreed. It wasn't the first time they had come to this compromise, and the event of her calling Pineapple anything other than Pineapple never quite happened. Pineapple's name should be the same type as hers, she vowed silently in her heart. She would never change, just for the clan to follow some stupid traditions of the other clans she had never seen.

The two chatted amicably, sitting in the glittering snowy camp. Periodic excited exclamations from Lily could be heard from a distance away, before they were quickly quieted by soft murmurs from Pinepaw. The conversation soon turned to Lily's apprentice ceremony, taking place that night. Her chest puffed up in pride, as she boasted proudly of how she would soon be able to go out together with Pineapple. Pinepaw was also quite excited; he was two moons older than Lily, and as such, he had already been going out with his mentor, Lily's papa Hal, for quite some time already.

He had already seen many places in the clan's vast frozen woodland. There was the sparkling grove where the shima enagas resided, fluttering to and fro amongst the treetops with bodies that looked like a small puff of snow; he hoped that one day, he could climb up to the top, befriend the birds, and fly amongst them through the trees. There was also the intricate tunnels in the snowy hills, dug by prior residents of the forest. Now they lay empty, a perfect warm, cozy spot to play hide and seek in. He was eager to show Lily, his childhood playmate; ever since he had seen them, he had wanted to play with her there. A climb up to a wide ledge on a particularly snowy peak, the shortest one in the mountain range, but still taller than he could ever hope to reach, would yield a breath-taking view of the clan's sprawling lands, the never-ending forest that gave the mirage of a silent land from up high. Only when running in the forest himself, would he be able to hear the never-ending chatter of the forest, and running of many animals other than himself, stepping in tandem with his paws from places unknown. He wanted to take Lily to all of these places, and explore the new places he hadn't gotten to see yet in his two moons. And the time was coming.

~*~*~

--"Lily, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. Your mentor will be Maurus. I hope Maurus will pass down all he knows on to you."

--"Maurus, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have shown yourself to be resourceful and capable. You will be the mentor of Lily, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Lily."

The two touched noses.

~*~*~

"My mentor is Uncle Maurus!" Lily squealed loudly in Pinepaw's ear. His ears rang slightly from the loud squeals, but he didn't hold back from getting closer and sharing her excitement. It was a perfect arrangement; his mentor was Lily's papa, and Lily's mentor was his father. Though he was not as close to his father as Lily was to her papa, their dads were close friends and often went out on patrols together. In the future, they would likely go on many patrols together, and the time Pinepaw would be able to spend with his dearest friend was secured.

As a welcome event, a patrol was formed the next morning including the clan's newest apprentice, to take her around the territory. Lily had never been outside of the camp before, and she was beyond thrilled.

Pinepaw surveyed the patrol members gathered. Most of the cats present were within his expectations; Lily, the star of the patrol, was obviously there. Her mentor, Maurus, was naturally also there, along with his own mentor, Hal. Lily's mother, Lissi, was also present; he had thought that she would come to her daughter's first apprentice milestone. His mind wandered slightly when he thought of her status as the leader; both the leader Lissi and deputy Hal were out on this patrol, despite both being busy with managing the clan. Maurus, the unofficial third in charge, was also going out. It was likely that they wouldn't be out for long, then, he observed; this would probably just be a short trip to welcome Lily into the ranks of the apprentices. He let the thoughts go as he turned his gaze to the last patrol member.

A golden cat with dark brown spots and a silly, open smile stood in the last spot. A newly ordained warrior, named Chachar, here with his bird companion Chirpy. He was only a few moons older than Pinepaw himself, and Pinepaw supposed that Chachar was likely there to tag along to gain experience as well, as a new warrior. He was a bit surprised at his presence and at the large patrol size of 6, but he guessed that both him and Lily each only counted as half a cat in terms of combat power.

Pinepaw felt the stirrings of excitement come to life anew inside his heart as his anticipation for the patrol was stirred up.

Lissi soon called for everyone's attention, and he turned to look at her as she introduced the purpose of today's patrol and all the members of this new group. As if she had known about his question on the patrol numbers, she explained that she was trying to implement a 6 cat count for all patrols henceforth, for extra safety. And then, they were ready to set off.

Taking his first step out into the camp into the dazzling sunlight, with Lily tagging by his side for the first time ever. The wind blew through his fur, as he gazed straight out into the snow. Thoughts of the places they would go flitted through his mind in a constant stream, as rapidly as snowflakes in the wind, and when he glanced over, he could see Lily was the same.

[1321 words]

Notes:
- I'm trying to get back into explore after a few months away,, I'm glad to be back! \(^^)/
- I think the birth of the first second generation kitten is a good place to wrap up the "beginning of the clan" arc, so I'm time-skipping to when that kitten has become an apprentice, and is out with their mentor!
- level up rewards: picking 2x chervil, 1x vole (2 FP)
- use 1x bird (4 FP) to set the hunger of all 4 cats from last post to 0%

Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cKy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:24 am

Last Explore Post [n/a, first explore post] | Last Response Received [n/a, first explore post]

Russetstar liked mornings.
The pretty dew falling over the whole landscape like a blanket of iridescence; the experience of watching the sun rise slowly to take it's place in the day sky. In the mornings, the air was crisp, and the wind blew softly and kindly, and with care.
Russetstar emerged from the foggy lands of his dreams, his head rearing and eyes blinking open slowly. He opened his mouth and breathed in the scent of the morning mist; the air was clean and refreshing, and helped to wash the grogginess from his mind and from his eyes. He pawed the sleep out of his eyes, slowly clambering to his feet.
There was leftover fatigue and soreness in the muscles of his legs, but he tried his best to ignore the dull sting. He took one more deep breath before pushing his head out of the opening to his wooden den.
Immediately, he had to close his eyes to shield himself from the glaring sun. He attempted to suppress a sneeze, but to no avail. Calming his breathing, he focused on the feeling of the morning sun against his fur. There was a sense of tranquility in it; in simply experiencing the sun. Russetstar always had a certain appreciation for the sun, seeing it as a marvel and something to be revered.
He concluded this brief moment by climbing completely out of the cover of his den, eyes now fully open. His sleeping quarters were modest; a hollow log missing it's bottom half, located near a sandy clearing, and with a gaping hole the perfect size for Russetstar to enter and exit comfortably. Inside, it was confined and tight, but Russetstar didn't mind. In fact, he found it comfortable, and preferable to sleeping in the open.
After stretching out his tired legs, rolling his head around on his neck to relieve it of any tension, and shaking his paws to rid them of stiffness, he huffed and set off towards an area, sparsely forested and a bright, healthy green.
It almost baffled him; how it was Death-reign and still the local flora was still going strong. After going on such a long journey from his previous area of residence, he supposed it wasn't so crazy. Different places behave differently during the different seasons, and it would be much more beneficial for him to be intrigued by that fact rather than terrified.
Either way, Russetstar marched towards the small-- well, thicket, almost-- to go on a patrol.

[ 416 words ]

-- cats on patrol
russetstar | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- level 0
experience: 0
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
Last edited by cKy on Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cKy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 003. [august explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:48 am

xxWINTERCLAN !!xx
x
hallowitch / post
writer's last reply <3
x
written words exp: 50exp
additional exp: 00exp ---
food+herb exp: 05 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp ----
death opt exp: no exp
total exp: 65exp -----
██████

─────────────────────────────────────────
it was a lullaby endlessly spiralling like a record, whispered into the soundtrack of a nightmare… it was the cacophony fathomed by beasts and their shadows - the howls of a wolf to a ghostly moon.

no… not a wolf.
hounds.

but it didn’t seem to faze him - not the wandering shadow among flora and fauna in all of its glory.
braided in his sparrow tresses, fronds adorned with verdelite and jades glistened, delicately smothered by the wavering darkness.
(+1 stick, +1 horsetail, +1 cobwebs, +3exp)

“this way.” a breathy rasp in reality, the wandering shadow was there, one moment - gone the next. stolen away by the gnashing jaws of a withering sequoia tree and decay.
(+1fp [scraps], +1fp [scraps], 2exp)

“darkwhisker! where are you- ”

“hush, kid.” gentle against the coral shades of her curls, ivory claws fluttered like twin swans before her. darkwhisker. “behind the tree… someone is coming.”

“who? who is-” fennel.
eyes of mysteries and crescent moons lit up the darkness, like lone embers lost in valleys of ash. but, in those moonlit eyes… there was a spell of-

of desperation.

“fennel?” like an elk beneath a spotlight, crescent moons darted to hers… distressed. [b]“is something wrong…. is your friend-”

it’s getting worse…” the delicate drawl of their voice seemed to break, fading into an eternity as silence poisoned reality. “the splinter has gotten worse and… he needs something - anything.”
( it seems that the state of fennel’s friend has gotten worse! </3 fennel asks for 1 herb [any herb will work!]! will the patrol help him or turn him down?)

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 2 fpxxxxx level: level 1 (10/200) -> level 1 (75/200)xxxxxitems earned: n/a xxfree posts? : zero posts xxxxx
herbs earned: +1 cobwebs, +1 horsetail, +1 stick xxxxxhunger: 10% for the entire patrol!

└──────────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 004. [august explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:59 pm

xxCRINGECLAN!!xx
x
craig? / post
─ writer's last reply <3
x
written words exp: 20exp
additional exp: 01exp ---
food+herb exp: 00 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp ----
death opt exp: no exp
total exp: 31exp -----
██████

gothgirl nodded vigorously, bangs bobbing up and down. seeing this, animegirl started to do the same - it looked fun… and it was! “yeah - they are like… wayyy crunchie-ACHEE!”

the cold must’ve been getting too much for poor gothgirl.

“that was one weird sneeze.” littlebilly muttered, crossing his arms while balancing on his hind legs. he was clearly getting sick of being a hater. “you guys are just-”

“A SPUNCH!!!” a high-pitch screech came from animegirl, eyes extremely wide as she made eye-contact with the spunch who was… coincidentally screeching as well.

terrified probably.

ANGLEBLOOD was the first the react - his sharp-as-knives claws extended as a loooong stream of wails and of course - incomprehensible sounds came from its mouth. “cRuNcHy.”

the spunch’s eyes bulged out of its skull - even more terrified than it was before as it began to bounce in quick bursts, narrowly dodging ANGLEBLOOD’s sharp-as-knives claws.

“GET IT!!!”

cowboy and yeepaw were like two alarm clocks… put on snooze until - well - not. at the sound of animegirl’s voice they sprung into action, chasing the sprunch who frankly had no clue what was going on as it screeched through the snow, a snowball forming as it rolled down a hill, losing a shoe.

a black shoe - the sprunch version of cinderella!
(+1 cmyo, +1exp)

cowboy and yeepaw pulled to a stop beside the shoe, paws upon the shoe as they lifted it to the sun. “wowza.” they both said in unison.

“literally guys??? what are you doing?” frustrated, animegirl stomped towards them, littlebilly at her heels - arms still crossed. “in case you haven’t noticed, like… we still have a sprunch to chase!”

“cRuNcHy.” ANGLEBLOOD echoed.

“ya need t’ look at this!” excitedly, yeepaw tottered forwards, his mentor holding up the black shoe. “well, ya look at that, it’s the sprunch’s shoe.”

“the sprunch’s shoe??” animegirl and gothgirl turned to each other, reflecting yeepaw’s excitement before gothgirl blurted out. “like… like it’s cool and all, but like - what is it for?”

“i ain’t got the slightest idea…” yeepaw said, unexistent eyebrows furrowed. “we can try to find out though… who knows? maybe we can spawn another sprunch with it! haw haw?”

"HAW HAW!" the patrol echoed.

fp earned: 0 fp :cxxxxx level: level 0 (0/100) -> level 0 (31/200)xxxxxitems earned: +1 c myo!xxfree posts? : two posts xxxxx
herbs earned: +0 herbs :cxxxxxhunger: 0% for the entire patrol!

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0195.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:16 pm

FROSTCLAN !!
    x( nindroidzane archive last post )

The gales danced around her.

An invisible spirit of whorls and crests, tugging at her curls and pulling her close, tucking her within their fluid embrace. They danced, a carefree waltz as if performers and ballerinas decked in rippling silks, elegant and free in a winter circus. Pirouettes and spins, twirls and whirls, skips and leaps. Rivulets of frost whisked past, sending a cool burn grazing her cheeks. And the tophat off her head.

“No!” The whisper slipped past her jaws as the comforting weight of the sodden tophat lifted, snatched by the paws of the winds. And those same winds cackled, a mischievous roar in her ears as they lifted the hat higher and higher, teasingly out of reach. “Come back!”

Her paw clutched empty air.

Without the hat, there was no magic. And to win this, she needed magic. Squaring her shoulders, she snuck a glance over her side… towards the retreating shadows of her mother and Leafshade. She’d get it back ━ she had to.

Pawsteps light and leaping, she braved the frost, tracing the tophat’s path. Chasing the winds. An impossible quest, but right now, she was a creature of frost and silver feathers, tethered to a sacred vow. A creature with the grace of a thousand larks, the heart of an eagle and a hawk’s all-seeing eye━

Snap!

The tophat snagged in a tumble of thickets. Gnarled, brittle branches pierced the fabric, skewering it into place. Despite the battering winds of the gales, it held fast.

“Gotcha.” Grinning, she bounded up, lifting the hat from the thicket. Underneath… a nest. A nest of delicate twigs laced with sprigs of fresh minty leaves and riddled with pebbles. And also… eggs. (+1FP egg, +1FP egg, +1FP egg)

But it seemed… she wasn’t the first to find them.

A low growl rumbled, splintering the stony silence that had fallen. All at once, the winds scattered, leaving only the faintest trace of a musky stench ━ a stench of nightmares, ruin and rot.

Her stomach clenched. Curved fangs grinned at her, the tip of an obsidian nose gleaming in the faltering sun. A pair of dark eyes found hers, locking her under a spell of its own. The arctic fox.

It was here.

Don’t run, don’t run, don’t run. She steadied a breath in, stamping her paws to gather her nerve. Why was it so hard to move? Her gaze broke from the creature as if that alone would break its spell… and whatever magic it’d cast upon her.

She backed, legs grazing the tender shells behind her. Warmth kissed the tip of her paw, the heat radiating, swift and steady. Nestled between the eggs… a mishappen rock? Light spilled like liquid gold from the sharp edges and contours, glittering like the north star. (+1 shooting star)

Carefully, she hefted the trinket, savoring its steady warmth. But that warmth… grew. Burning hotter and hotter, almost searing with every passing second. Was it… magic━

The fox barked, sharp and high, claws scraping through the frost.

There was no time. With the trinket clutched in her jaws, she flung it out. “Abra cadabra!”

It sailed, an arc of shimmering gold… straight for the creature’s forehead. It aimed true. With a screeching howl, the creature veered sharply. A hiss punctured the orchestra of yelps as the trinket hit the snow, transforming the frost around it to mist.

The fox howled, a long, puncturing howl, striking deep into her soul. As if hit by a meteorite, the creature changed course, a silver comet headed far and beyond, fizzling like a fallen star out of existence. (predator leaves territory!)

A little magic, but a lot of miracles.
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (littlepaw fed! <3)
    xxxx↳ littlepaw (30% hunger), breezewhisper (30% hunger), xxxxx
    xxxxxleafshade (40% hunger)

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +30XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+3XP for prey, +1XP for item, +190XP from mar-july quests*

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+1FP egg, +1FP egg, +1FP egg
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ +1 shooting star (autopasses one r edit or below to a kit!)

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +234XP → level 4 (497/500XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagex
    notes: hi! throws more eggs at you ─ enjoy!! littlepaw is also the sweetest thing, ahh ─ i just have two little notes; easily missed, so dw! <33
    • make sure to link to your kitties' oekaki pages ─ it just makes things easier for
      writers to verify ownership/etc! (breezewhisper, littlepaw & leafshade) <3
    • * about the quest board! i came up with a total of 190XP (30+60+25+20+35+20),
      but please don't hesitate to dm/pm me if i missed anything! ^^'
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by Vivika on Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Osskiar » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:51 am

CorvidClan
Last Explore Post (N/A, First explore post) | Last Response Received (N/A, First explore post)

Robin watches as the rain dripped from the trees, the rain had stopped long before his guard shift but it had been heavy; he didn't envy the cat who was sat here before him. He was guarding the saltwater border, a long stretch of sand surronded by cliffs and rockpiles, with the right coat colour a tresspasser could blend right in.
"You got put out here on your own again, Robin?"
The leader of the passing hunting patrol called from behind him. If Robin had heard them they couldn't tell, save for a twitch of his ear, he was focused intently on something in the sand.
"Hey! You're not supposed to leave your post, that's the point of a guard," the cat shouted as Robin walked towards the water.
There, half buried in the sand was a pebble, the weak leaf-bare sun reflecting off it's smooth blue surface. Robin circled it, tail held high and didn't notice as the hunter broke off from their group. "So, a pebbles more important than protecting the clan?" Robin started as if he only now noticed the other cat, their tail held neatly over their paws as they sat next to him. "Isn't it cool, it looks like the sky," Robin purred, moving the sand so the hunter could see better. "You can't keep getting distracted like this, anything could happen," the cat's voice was softer now. "You'll get put with another cat, and they might not be the patient sort."
Robin sighed. He knew all of this, he'd struggled with focus since he was a kit. "There's so many interesting things around us," he murmered "like this pebble! I think it's like this because of the water, like the trees around camp last time it flooded!" The hunter shook their head and purred, "You're lucky you're such a good fighter," their paw brushed the blue stone "And you're right, it is a good find. You should keep it in your den."

The hunter sat with Robin until the end of his guard shift, helping him stay focused on his job. They both turn as they hear a cat in the bushes. "That'll be the next guard," they said, "We should head back, you'll get to see what my hunting patrol brought in."
"

[ 328 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Robin | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- level 0
experience: 0
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
ImageImage
She/Her . Adult . Wales . CSTime +1
Osskiar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 005. [august explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:21 am

xxCLAN OF THE SEA BREEZE!!xx
x
sha the sheep / post
─ writer's last reply <3
x
written words exp: 30exp
additional exp: 15exp ---
food+herb exp: 03exp
patrol exp: 10exp ----
quest exp: 190exp
total exp: 248exp -----

studded with starry splendor, she was a sparrow… gentle gaze wide as the vast tides fathomed by the seas. seas that rocked to the harmonies of a thousand different gales, planting kisses among the waves.

“i-i.. i can’t thank you enough.” faltering ever-so slightly, her gaze had morphed in to a moth fabricated of stardust - fluttering to the north. to the mainland. “my friend.. she would be so grateful.”

the stranger’s voice was fragile, a castle of glass - worn and broken. “her kits would be too.”
(+1 common edit for helping fuzetuft! <3)

and like a gale cloaked by a hanging drape of mysteries and enigmas, the silhouette that had once stained the earth like a sparrow… was a phantom. dwindling like a shooting star - a fleeting sign from souls that had gone to walk among the countless crescent moons that had gone by,

and the souls about to.

“ternfeather! look!”
a wisp of silver flitting through the fog of the seas beyond, they could see it now. a little glisten of hope beneath the ivories of winter.
(+2fp [minnow], +2exp)
a minnow. but… there was something different - something familiar.
a minnow - who’s jaws unveiled the blessings of flora and fauna… and something else.
(+1 wintergreen, +1exp)

“what’s wrong, ternfeather?” voice hushed, the apprentice wandered a little closer, eyes wide as his footsteps cradelled the apprentice across the sand. “what-”

there it was.

a pendant. the pendant lost in the jaws of a wisp of silver.
adorned with rubies and serpents roaming the skies and beyond, the eerie howl of hidden gales lacing reality as the pendant piroutted loose of the veil of fangs.

falling.
swinging back and forth… back and forth.
again.
and again.
and again.

fp earned: 2 fp xxxxx level: level 3 (138/400) -> level 3 (386/200)xxxxxitems earned: +1 c edit!xxfree posts? : zero posts xxxxx
herbs earned: +1 wintergreenxxxxxhunger: 10% for the entire patrol!

Last edited by faelyn on Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0196.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:51 am

LISSIDOM !!
    x( lili041 archive last post )

“Pineapple, look up! Pretty, isn’t it?”

Above, wisps of rosy and lavender hues painted the skies, little curls of clouds rimming the breach, streaming with luminous light. The light warmed the small of his back, easing the tenseness in his shoulders. “It’s… nice. Real nice.”

Beside him, she was an… angel. The tiny tilt of her head haloed with gold light, the dancing twinkle of her eyes, the tiny flitting steps of her paws. An angel… well, aside from those ear-splitting squeals and the blasting shrieks of excitement.

He snorted, smothering a laugh.

“What?” Her shoulder jolted against his, brows lifting. “What’s so funny? Tell me.”

“Uh, well…” His gaze wandered past her, flitting to the others. Under the swaying branches of a quavering pine tree… his mentor. Hal. A streak of red rimmed the bottom of his eye, a nick from the twigs, but the grin adorning his muzzle burned bright. Alight with triumph. As he ducked under a snow-laden branch, he held a dark, matted bundle snug in his jaws. (+3FP squirrel; -5% health for hal from a face wound ━ no herbs or rest needed to continue!)

“You two coming to help?” Soft and melodious, a slender form waved them over, the little bird atop her shoulder chittering. Chiding. “Hal found an old prey pile!”

“Race you.”

With a final nudge, he dashed forward. Snow splashed, cascading like a whirlwind along his back and the tip of his nose. Her paws drummed in tandem to his, tight at his heels. Close, but not close enough.

Easing into a crouch, his stomach skimmed the snow as he crawled underneath the branches, keeping his head low. The pines needles prickled his back, knotted balls of cobwebs snaring in his fur, but he continued deeper, surging on, until his jaws clamped around another russet bundle. (+3FP squirrel)

Her soft snort beside him deepened his grin. He turned on his side, catching the wrinkle of her nose and the crease of her brow. “I won.”

“You did have a headstart.” With a soft huff, she batted his shoulder, touching a nose to his. “I say we race later on fair grounds. But I did find these and…” (+1FP bugs, +1 deadly nightshade)

“And what?”

Shadows flickered across her features, casting one side of her face with disfigured silhouettes. Beasts with spines and thorns, winking in and out of existence. Delicately, she touched it to his nose.

“Lily…” He pulled away, arching his head just out of reach, squinting. In the darkness, the edges came together into a single, slender form. Light and soft, speckled with flecks of russet and sienna, the ends freckled with darker tones…

A feather. And not just as any old bird’s feather.

The patrol has found signs/scents of a hawk (predator)! Does the patrol seek it out and confront it? Or continue patrolling?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (previous patrol fed!)
    xxxx↳ lissi (10% hunger), hal (10% hunger), maurus (10% hunger)
    xxxxxcharchar (10% hunger), pinepaw (10% hunger), lily (10% hunger)

xx-5% health for hal
    xxxx↳ hal (95% health)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +150XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+14XP for prey, +2XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel, +1FP bugs
    xx+1 deadly nightshade

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +186XP → level 4 (322/500XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a, but welcome back! it's lovely to see you + your clan again! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Aetherclan
LittleMaple

Previous Reply

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The air seemed to sting with bitter sadness as the clan cats watched the stranger vanish beyond their home. Eveningstar sighed softly, tail swishing at her side. The two she-cats didn’t even have to say a word, for they knew what they had to do now. So, away they went, flanking each other as they followed the sound of breaking brush. During the run, Hyacinthpool got caught in cobwebs. After pulling them from her fur, she set them aside for later use. With her fur free, she continued the pursuit.

【 +1 Cobwebs, +1 XP】

Without warning, a dark furred cat suddenly jumped in front of the duo, causing them to come to a crashing halt. Hyacinthpool’s ears flattened slightly, “We’ll never catch th-”

Eveningstar flicked her tail near Hyacinthpool’s muzzle, silencing her. “It’s alright, let’s see what this cat wants first. We’ll be able to follow their scent.” She assured her friend softly.

The dark furred cat dropped herbs from her jobs, “Here, please, take these–do you have any food? I can offer these herbs… and maybe a little something extra if you can spare any!” They spoke, obviously looking rather tired. “I think I may have taken a wrong turn in my travels, and I haven’t eaten in ages! I’m so sorry if I messed up whatever you were chasing, I just needed some help. The name’s Fennel, by the way.” They added, looking pleadingfully at the two cats before them.

【 +1 Blackberry Leaves, +1 Mint, +2 XP 】

❖ Fennel needs your help! Will your cats offer them 1 FP?

◤⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◥

❖ 【 +15 XP for Words Written
❖ 【
+10 XP for Patrol Sent
❖ 【
+3 XP for Herbs

Total

+28 XP
+1 Blackberry Leaves
+1 Cobwebs
+1 Mint

2 Free Posts Remaining!