Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Warriors Survival Game • Explore

Postby ikethefifth » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Sunclan
Snowstar and Tawnystripe returned to camp empty-pawed, save for some blackberry leaves. Despite his best efforts, Tawnystripe realized that night that he had a blackberry thorn in his paw. He tried to pull it out with his teeth, but it was an awkward angle to get at his back paw. He didn't want it to go deeper in his sleep, so he got up and out of the warrior's den, careful to avoid putting weight on it.
"Snowstar?" Tawnystripe whispered into his leader's den. He didn't hear anything, so he took a few steps towards the mossy hollow covered in branches. "Snowstar, wake up!"
"Huh?" Snowstar woke up and slowly looked around. Seeing Tawnystripe, she gave him a sleepy smile. "Everything okay?"
"Yeah, sorry to wake you. I just have a thorn in my paw and I didn't want it to get worse." He took a step back, realizing how it sounded to wake up his leader for something this mundane.
She blinked slowly, part sleepiness and part affection. "Come here, let me get it." She motioned towards herself with her tail.
Tawnystripe padded into the den, ducking to fit. He flopped down beside Snowstar, offering up his afflicted paw. "Do you see it?"
Snowstar squinted, trying to see by the moonlight that filtered in. "Yes! Hang on, this might hurt." She held his paw in place, then pulled the thorn out with her teeth. "Wow, it's a good thing you woke me up. There was much more inside your paw than out."
Tawnystripe nodded, still embarrassed. "Thanks for helping me." He backed out of the den and returned to the warrior's den for some sleep.
---
Tawnystripe and Snowstar headed out on patrol once again, hoping for more food. Snowstar had graciously offered the last of their supply, and though Tawnystripe wanted her to have some, he couldn't say no to his rumbling stomach.
[ 314 words ]

--cats on patrol
Snowstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Tawnystripe | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 1
experience: 16

--inventory
level-up | 1 FP | x1

feverfew | x1
dried oak leaf | x1
mallow leaves | x1
deathberries | x1
burnet | x1
hawkweed | x1
water hemlock | x1
blackberry leaves | x1
--items in inventory used
Tawnystripe eats the 1FP from leveling up, Snowstar goes hungry
ikethefifth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:24 am

xem wrote:
𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘔𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴

Buckstar crawled his way back through the thorn wall barrier, gently carrying fresh herbs in his jaws as he entered the camp. Some chuckling came a few taillengths away, as Buckstar spotted two cats sitting in the clearing. Ashcloud and Jaggedmoon, laughing, clearly at him. “What a hunt, Buckstar. Seems you’ve really fed the clan today, nice job.” The she-cat, Ashcloud, purred with amusement. Jaggedmoon couldn’t help but huff slightly, “Oh don’t tease our old, fraile Leader, Ashcloud. We know he’s not capable of catching real prey anymore.” The tom said with a teasing grin. The young Buckstar narrowed his eyes, glaring sharply at the two. “I only went for a walk along the mountain, I wasn’t hunting anything in particular.” He lied, making his way to the Healers den to store the herbs. But he could continue to hear the two cats laughing behind him. The Leader only rolled his eyes, unhurt by their words. Buckstar turned back to face them from the Healers den, “Go out for a hunt then, you two. Show me you can do better.” He said, eyeing Ashcloud with a smirk. He knew the young she-cat would always be up for a challenge. Almost instantly, Ashcloud’s eyes lit up with excitement. “We’ll surely collect a better prey haul then you.” She purred, already on her paws and heading towards then thorn barrier gap. Jaggedmoon didn’t have to be told twice, stretching for a moment before following behind the young Commander.

“Slow down Ashcloud, or you’ll scare all the prey away. If Buckstar hasn’t already done that for us.” He said, taking in Buckstars older scent. It appeared he had headed down to the closest plateau to camp. Ashcloud paused, seeming to also notice where the leaders scent had headed. “We should head upwards instead, towards the trees. Surely there’s birds trying to feed on the ground. Or perhaps even a hare, hiding in the brush.” She commented, her mouth watering with the idea of fresh prey. Winter definitely wasn’t the greatest time of year for the cats, as she could easily see Jaggedmoons ribs. And she was sure her ribs were slightly exposed, but likely not as much as her hunting partners’. The cats always ate in a feeding order, from highest ranking to lowest ranking. So of course, Buckstar was doing better off than the others. But he certainly wasn’t overweight by any means, and did his best to only take a fair share for himself. Being the second highest ranking cat, she hardly missed a meal herself. But when the prey stocks were low, her own guilt lead her to eating less than she should, to save more for the others.

Ashcloud let Jaggedmoon take the lead, deciding she didn’t want her excitement of Buckstars challenge to dull her senses. It was better if the most experienced hunter went first. The side of the mountain was quite steep, the snow making it harder to judge where their pawsteps should fall. One wrong step, and it could cause a small avalanche. Luckily today the snow was firm and crusted over on the top, making it easy to gently walk across. But Ashcloud and Jaggedmoon still felt themselves heavily leaning left and against the mountain as they walked, not wanting to risk taking a tumble down the slope.

As they reached the top of the peak, Jaggedmoon paused and looked for the best point of entry. There were many different peaks across the mountain, but each held different terrain and places the prey hid. This peak held trees and brush, but also many towering rocks. Rabbits would often feed on the bark of the trees here, and birds would peck underneath the trees in search of food. Jaggedmoon felt the wind push against him, taking in an old scent of rabbit, and possibly the fresh smell of bird. He crept up behind a large rock, the young Commander following in his footsteps, waiting to see what their options were as they checked their senses.

[ 670 words ]

--cats on patrol
Ashcloud | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Jaggedmoon | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 28/100

--inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

sorrel | Traveling Herb | x1
mint | Hides Scent of Death | x1
none
--predators:
Grizzly Bear
Cougar
Wolverine
Gray Wolf
Fox
Lynx
Hawk
┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

replies!!

Postby sunny-skies » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:04 am

Asterlie wrote:Image

together, both mollies stepped through the territory with soft, careful pawsteps. ashiya briefly glanced over her shoulder to see theresia trailing behind close by, her ears perked as she scanned the area around her. with valerius still sick back at camp, the responsibility of catching prey for the clan had fallen entirely to the two of them. however, with a new hunter by her side, the leader was confident that they wouldn't be returning to camp empty-pawed.

theresia lifted her nose lifted to sniff the air around her, pausing abruptly in her tracks upon catching the fresh scent of a mouse. she silently pursued the scent's trail, and it wasn't long before she was able to track down and catch the small creature. she returned to ashiya with her head lifted triumphantly, the mouse hanging limply from her teeth. it turns out the molly truly was a skilled hunter after all. (+2fp, +2xp)
to her luck, theresia had also managed to find a single herb among the underbrush where the mouse had been sniffing around. hoping that it would be of some use in the future, she decided to bring it along with her as well. (+1 fennel)

as they weaved through the trees, a shiny, dark-colored object caught ashyia's eye. her brow furrowed in confusion, the molly approached it warily, giving it a small prod with her paw. she didn't recognize the strange object at all, and couldn't recall ever seeing anything like it around the territory before. it wouldn't hurt to bring it back to camp with her, though, and maybe one of the other two would be able to recognize it. (+1 black hole- edit remover)

+30xp for 471 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger

total :

+43xp | +10% hunger | +1 fennel | +2fp (mouse) | level 1 (62/200)

BigFrog4231 wrote:The Tribe of Singing Wind

hoping to gather some herbs and prey to aid their growing tribe, the large patrol set out of camp. hunting and gathering was more important than ever, as they needed to ensure that all of the group's members were fed. they only hoped that the warmer weather yet to come would arrive soon, as a large number of prey throughout the territory was still in hiding from the colder season's chill.

the group made their way out of camp, their ears perked as they gazed around at their surroundings. a soft rustling in the nearby bushes alerted bird, who quickly turned around to face the source of the sound. they briefly stepped away from the rest of the patrol, disappearing among the cluster of bushes nearby. within only a few minutes they returned to the others, this time carrying a plump squirrel in their jaws. (+3fp, +3xp)
not long after, pebble managed to bring down a frog! it had been basking in the sunlight near a small pond and hadn't taken note of the young tom, making it an easy catch for him. with the frog hanging limply in his jaws, pebble rushed over to snow, who praised her son for making such a catch. (+3fp, +3xp)

sun suddenly paused in their tracks, her tail lashing in alarm as she sniffed the air around her. the molly turned to the others, their voice soft as they spoke, "I scented a raccoon. it doesn't seem to be far off from where we are, either". unfortunately for them, it seemed as though predators seemed to be especially common for the tribe to come across as of late. the others turned to snow who, being the leader of the patrol, had the final decision on how they'd handle the situation. would they pursue the raccoon, or would they leave it alone and continue on with their patrol?

+35xp for 562 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger (-20% hunger for snow)

total :

+51xp | +10% hunger (-20% snow) | +3fp (squirrel), +3fp (frog) | level 3 (83/400)

the new apprentices, eager to explore the unfamiliar territory around them, trailed closely behind the others as the patrol exited camp. gathering prey and herbs was always important, especially for such a young clan, but tansypetal also wanted cherrypaw anf peachpaw to become better adjusted to ocean clan's territory.

out of the corner of his eye, thrushslip caught a glimpse of a small figure among the bushes. the tom stepped away from the others, his body crouched low as he crept forward slowly. he narrowed his eyes slightly to better see the creature, which he quickly recognized to be a shrew, through the leaves. once had moved close enough to pounce, thrushslip sprang forward, his gaze fixated on the creature in front of him. the shrew turned to scurry away, though it was a few seconds too late, as within only a few moments it dangled limply from the tom's jaws. the two young apprentices watched with wide eyes as he rejoined the patrol, their eyes focused on the shrew that he carried. (+2fp, +2xp)

the patrol continued on uneventfully until leafpaw stepped away suddenly, her ears perked upon catching the scent of something nearby. she turned to tansypetal, who gave a small nod, before vanishing between some ferns. the apprentice returned only a few moments later, this time with a large squirrel hanging from her teeth. (+3fp, +3xp)

+35xp for 548 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger (-30% for tansypetal)

total :

+50xp | +10% hunger (-30% tansypetal) | +2fp (shrew), +3fp (squirrel) | level 3 (5/400)

congrats, you've leveled up! you have recieved +2fp and +1 herb !

ikethefifth wrote:Sunclan

snowstar and tawnystripe set out of camp, hopeful that this patrol would be more successful than the last. with what little food remained gone, the clan's prey storage was now completely empty. snowstar had been gracious enough to allow her clanmate to eat the rest of the scraps, but she knew that wouldn't always be the case. neither of the two could afford to go hungry, especially now, with the clan already so small to begin with.

it wasn't long after leaving camp that they neared a large patch of herbs. unfortunately, the cold seemed to get to them before they did, as the herbs had become shriveled and completely unusable. snowstar gave a huff of annoyance, pawing the pile gently in hopes of finding something she could salvage from the dead herbs. to her luck, she soon uncovered a single thin, green stalk, which fortunately seemed to be undamaged by the cold weather. the molly picked up the herb gently with her teeth before moving on. (+1 horsetail)

as the two continued on, they took note of the lack of prey in the territory around them. most likely, many of them were still burrowed away in their dens in hopes of escaping the leafbare cold. even though both cats were determined to find something, all they managed to come across were some half-eaten prey scraps on what must have been a squirrel before. even though there wasn't much left of it, at least scraps were much better than returning to camp empty-pawed again. (+1fp, +1xp)

+25xp for 314 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger (-10% for tawnystripe)

total :

+37xp | +10% hunger (-10% tawnystripe) | +1 horsetail | +1fp (scraps) | level 1 (53/200)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:16 am

≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n≋
Leafpaw, Thrushslip, Tansypetal, Cherrypaw, and Peachpaw carried their prey back home and set it in the prey pile. They decided they all had energy for one more patrol that day, before the sunset. Everyone happily agreed with Cherrypaw's idea and she felt proud of herself for coming up with it. Peachpaw giggled inwardly about her sister's unending enthusiasm and smiled on the outside. They walked for a while, nothing too interesting happening and they simply chatted about the day's work, Thrushslip informing Peachpaw a bit about what he planned for them to do tomorrow. "We can practice hunting and see if you get the hang of it but we'll have to take someone else with us, the forest is dangerous compared to our cave-tunnel-dens, Tansypetal, Snowshell, and I have some very aggressive clanmates but we might just..." Peachpaw kind of zoned out, getting his point and honestly becoming a bit bored with his rambling. She stopped dead beside Thrushslip and he signaled everyone to stop too. "What is it?" He whispered and right before she was about to answer he got an answer himself. A cream-colored she-cat with a calm expression and leaves beside her ear stepped out of the bushes, "Oh hello. Isn't it nice out today?" Thrushslip stared at her with confusion, Peachpaw shriveled against his side in slight anxiety and fear, Cherrypaw let out a squeak of excitement, Leafpaw's neck and tail fur bristled and Tansypetal looked unshaken. She took the first step forward, "Who are you?" The cream she-cat smiled warmly, "I'm Goldenleaf." Tansypetal looked a bit confused and pretty curious, "Hm, what's your clan's name?" Goldenleaf giggled, "I'm a rouge with a clan cat name, actually." Tansypetal leaned forward in interest. "Why don't you come with us?" Goldenleaf's fur spiked out in gentle excitement while everyone held their breath. "Hmm..." She whispered thoughtfully, "Give me a day to learn your ways and decide... say, same time tomorrow?" The others traded intrigued, no longer fearful or untrusting glances. Thrushslip spoke first, "I don't see why not." Tansypetal nodded her approval as the others piped in their agreement with him, "Very well then, we'll be heading back to Ocean Clan camp soon, we're almost done patrolling the borders, you can stay in the middle of the group."
[ 380 words ]

--cats on patrol
Thrushslip | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Leafpaw | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Tansypetal | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Peachpaw | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Cherrypaw | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
--level 3
experience: 5/400

--inventory
Mouse | 1 FP | x1 (Being eaten by Leafpaw this round)
Squirrel| 3 FP | x1
Shrew | 1 FP | x1
Vole | 1 FP | x1
2 FP | 2 FP | x1 (Being eaten by Leafpaw this round)
Fat Shrew | 2 FP | x1 (https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4229313&start=620)

Daisy Leaf | Eases the pain of aching joints | x1
Deadly Nightshade | Kills a cat in moments | x2
Goatweed | Eases grief | 1x
Bindweed | Helps with broken limbs | 3x
Horsetail | Treats infection & stops bleeding | 0x
Yarrow | Makes a cat throw up & heals cracked pads | 2x
Marigold | Stiff joints & stops bleeding & stops infection & for inflammation | 2x
[ more can be found here: https://toyhou.se/BunnoBlizzard/charact ... er:1932401 ]
Leafpaw ate 2 FP + a mouse.
--predators:
Barracuda, Eagle, Owl, Barracuda, Foxes, Big crabs, Jellyfish, Badgers, and Stormclan cats. (Tansypetal's murderous ex-clanmates)
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:49 am

nio wrote:

+20 XP [241 words written]
+10 XP [Patrol sent]
+10% Hunger for Cheesepaw
-30% Hunger for Arnicastar

Arnicastar followed the apprentice a good few steps behind, watching his every move and telling him to redo his hunting stances until they were satisfactory. To their surprise, the young tom even managed to catch a stringy rabbit. They hadn’t expected Cheesepaw to catch anything at all, what with the ruckus he was making with every step. The animal must have been desperate, and it looked half-starved, too. Still, it would feed a few mouths.
[+1 Rabbit, +2 FP, +2 XP]

The two of them didn’t encounter any more prey, but instead stumbled upon a few herbs they picked. Though Arnicastar felt the air warming up and knew that spring was just around the corner, it was still cool enough for cats to fall sick, and they were glad for the safety herbs provided.
[+1 Borage Leaves, +1 Burdock Root, +1 Tormentil, +3 XP]

“Let’s head back,” they meowed around the herbs in their mouth, and Cheesepaw agreed.
Arnicastar signalled for the apprentice to take the lead, keeping their eyes open for any other prey in the vicinity.
They were interrupted in their thoughts by a yelp from Cheesepaw.
“Arnicastar, a snake! I almost stepped on it!” he meowed, his rabbit forgotten on the floor.
As he looked at them over his shoulder a gleam shone in his eyes. “Should we fight it?”

Totals
+2 FP | +1 Borage Leaves | +1 Burdock Root | +1 Tormentil | + 35 XP | Level 2 [ 226/300]
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:17 pm

“Well, that was an utter waste of time,” Surfpelt muttered as she stalked from the undergrowth, pulling briars out of her fur.

Lichenstep, wet and sore and with mud in her fur, couldn’t help but agree.

--------------------------

Despite the warming temperatures in the forest, prey was still scarce from the long and harsh winter, and the two had gone out to hunt and to refill the clan’s dwindling prey cache; new mouths to feed would not wait for leaf-out. Surfpelt had taken the lead with Lichenstep following behind her, and together they had come to a bend in the river where an eddy in its flow had created a pocket free of ice. The only downside, was that the eddy lay at the bottom of a steep embankment cut into the rocky, gritty soil by the river’s constant pulse, and made muddy by the feeble warmth of the thin late winter sun.

Together, the pair had stood at the top of the small cliff, looking for any way down to the water. From the vantage point, Surfpelt was sure that she could see fins breaking the dark surface, and the thought of fresh fish spurred both cats on. Anything would be better than another night of half-frozen vole, caught weeks ago and stashed beneath cedar bark.

Finally, Lichenstep saw the signs of a deer trail down the cliff face; by the size of the prints, forest elk had been using the path down to the open water to drink, and had worn the path into the soft ground with their weight and the frequency of their travels. The trail was wide enough for the cats to pad down to the water below, and with some trepidation, the pair set off down the muddy track to the river.

As the pair walked, Surfpelt in front and Lichenstep behind, Lichenstep had risked a look over the edge of the elk trail. While the track ended at the eddy, the higher portions lay above a thicket of brambles and nettles that grew along the bank of the river. Slipping and falling into those would be deeply unpleasant, and she sidled away from the edge onto the still-muddy but firmer ground of the cliffward side of the track.

Although muddy, the journey down to the water had been going relatively smoothly, and both cats were planning for the hunting strategy they would employ, as the water was far too cold still to risk swimming after fish.
All seemed calm, until an ear-splitting bugle broke the silence. Lichenstep whirled to see a massive bull elk thundering down the path towards the two cats. Time seemed to slow, and seeing no room on the track to avoid the massive cervid’s crashing hooves, she grabbed Surfpelt’s tail in her mouth and dove from the path!

Together, both cats tumbled and rolled down the muddy slope as the elk stampeded over the place where the cats had been only seconds before. Lichenstep had only a moment to register this fact before she and Surfpelt crashed together into the thorns and brambles.

Dazed and reeling, Lichenstep had crawled closer to Surfpelt, checking in on her friend. Surfpelt groaned, dirty and bruised, but otherwise unhurt. They had decided to stay in the cover of the briars until the elk and whatever had startled him were long gone, and it was midday before they crawled out and scrambled back up the bank and to camp.

“Oh hey, you’ve got something there.”

“Hmm?” Lichenstep stirred from her dazed memories as Surfpelt pulled a strand of leaves from her muddied fur.

“Well would you look at that?” the huntress laughed, waving the herb in the warrior’s face. “Despite all that, you still managed to find some catmint? No wonder Hawkstar’s been talking about making you deputy.”

For the second time that day, Lichenstep’s world slowed to an utter crawl.
Deputy? Had she heard Surfpelt correctly? But Hawkstar knew, knew how she had been expelled from her former clan. Would they really choose her, after all of that? Her confusion and shock must have shown on her face, as Surfpelt gently bumped her shoulder, shocking her out of the daze.

“Aw, come on, Lichenstep. Let’s go give the catmint to Willowmask, and get cleaned up. Maybe if we’re lucky, it won’t be raining tomorrow and we can try again,” Surfpelt offered, and led the warrior off to the healer’s and to the dry warmth of Forest’s Heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dawn was heralded with gentle shafts of light filtering in through ancient scars in the bark of Forest’s Heart, warming the cedar bark. Lichenstep woke with a stretch and a wide yawn at the touch of another cat, and she looked around blearily to see who it was.

“Lichenstep, Lichenstep! Are you up? Surfpelt said we were going to try hunting again!”

The warrior blinked, the cat in front of her slowly coming into focus… Mostly. It was Salmonpaw, her apprentice alongside Surfpelt, eager as always to explore the forest. Behind him, she could see Fogpaw sitting comparatively patiently, their lashing tail the only indicator that the other apprentice was equally as eager as their sibling.

“Yes, Salmonpaw, I’m awake,” Lichenstep replied, rolling to her feet and stretching out yesterday’s bruises. “I am assuming you are waiting on me to wake your other mentor?”

The nods from both apprentices was no surprise to the warrior, and she gave a quiet chuckle; as eager as both of the young cats were to hunt and explore, it was common knowledge that waking Surfpelt first thing in the morning was perhaps not the wisest thing for an apprentice to do without substantial reason.
And eagerness for a hunting trip was not a substantial reason.

Together, the trio of cats padded out of Forest’s Heart to sit in the sun and wait for Surfpelt to join them.

The wait was not long, and the hunting party was soon off into the dense trees. Frost still lingered in the shade, but the morning sun had turned what of the chill it touched to soft droplets of fresh dew. With the apprentices following close behind, Surfpelt and Lichenstep led the way down towards the shoreline, and the crashing surf of the tidepools.

Although it had been dawn when the quartet had left Forest’s Heart, it was nearing midday when they all arrived at the shoreline. Before the cats broke the treeline, however, Lichenstep gestured to Surfpelt to stop, before gesturing forward for the apprentices.
“Now, before you go hurrying out into the open,” she reminded to the two young cats as they crouched in the shrubs before the beach. “Do you remember your lessons?”

“Watch the tides?” offered Fogpaw, gesturing with a paw to a tall spire of rock waiting out off the coast; if the spire had sand visible around the base, it was safe to venture out to the tide pools, but if the spire’s sand was covered with water, it was best to hunt in the shade of the trees until the tide had entirely retreated back to the wild, roaring surf.

“Oh, and watch the skies!” Salmonpaw interjected, with a pointed look around the rocky beach. While bears and the occasional coastal wolves were common hazards on the flat estuary of Silvermouth, the rocky tidepools were frequented by the giant black-backed gulls and sea eagles, which could easily take a cat unawares.

“Sounds like you two know what you’re doing, then.” Surfpelt had crawled through the brush to come up on Salmonpaw’s other side, looking over at Lichenstep. “So what do you think, Lichenstep? Are they ready?”

“Of course, Surfpelt!” Lichenstep replied with a smile. “Alright you two. We’ll be watching, but you will be hunting the northern pools on your own today.” Here she paused, smiling warmly as the realization of what she had just said filled the two apprentices.

“Do you—?” Fogpaw started, before Salmonpaw nudged them on the shoulder; he didn’t want the two older cats to revoke the permissions for the pair’s first hunts without an adult cat close at paw!

“Yes, we do. Go on, we will be at the south pools,” Surfpelt urged.

The apprentices didn’t need another moment of permission, and after another check of the skies, Salmonpaw and Fogpaw crept from the brush and out onto the rocks, before heading up the beach to the north pools. Lichenstep and Surfpelt watched them go before heading out to the south pools; yesterday’s hunt had been an abysmal failure, but perhaps today luck would shine on the group.

But before then… Lichenstep had a question for Surfpelt.
“So, yesterday,” she began, following behind the huntress. “What was it you said about Hawkstar thinking of naming me as deputy?”

Surfpelt just laughed and ran off ahead down the seaweed and moss-covered rocks, leaving Lichenstep flustered and no closer to an answer behind her. The warrior sighed and followed behind Surfpelt, calling out for the hunter cat across the rocks.

[ 1500 words ]

--cats on patrol
Lichenstep | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Surfpelt | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Fogpaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Salmonpaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 1
experience: 75/200

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
vole | 2 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

catchweed | | x1
    fastens poultices to the skin
thyme || x1
    calming agent; muscle relaxant
lungwort || x1
    treats respiratory infection
willow leaves || x1
    pain relief
dandelion || x1
    calming and fever relief
catmint || x1
    relaxation
None
--predators:
black bears
sea eagles
black-backed gulls
mink
foxes
lynx
owls
salmon sharks
pike
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!

Postby sunny-skies » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:22 pm

miraphoenix wrote:

it wasn't long before lichenstep had caught up to surfpelt, and together the two mollies made their towards the south pools. lichenstep briefly glanced over her shoulder to keep an eye on the apprentices, though she turned away after a few moments. she had some hunting of her own to do, after all. she'd need to focus her attention on her surroundings if she were to catch any prey.

with her eyes narrowed slightly, surfpelt's gaze scanned the area around her. a few moments passed before the molly was able to catch a glimpse of something scurrying among the rocks. though her view of it was slightly obscured, she soon discovered the creature to be a squirrel, both from its reddish fur and familiar scent. the molly inched forward silently, her brow furrowed slightly and her gaze focused intently on the squirrel. once surfpelt had placed herself only a couple feet away from the creature she paused before suddenly springing forward, her claws outstretched as she descended upon it. the molly moved swiftly, and within only a few moments the squirrel lay limply at her paws. (+3fp, +3xp)
not long after, the two also managed to come across a few herbs peeking peeking between some rocks! deciding that it was always good to have some extra herbs on hand, they pick a few as gently as they can with their teeth. (+1 fennel, +1 chickweed, +1 burnet)

taking note of the setting sun, surfpelt and lichenstep left to retrieve their apprentices. it wasn't long before the two mollies had rejoined their apprentices. when lichenstep had inquired about their findings, salmonpaw admitted that he had almost caught a mouse earlier but it had scurried away upon hearing him step forward. the two apprentices had, however, managed to find some prey scraps among the rocks! they had most likely been left behind by another predator, but there was definitely still enough left to feed a mouth or two. while fogpaw and salmonpaw hadn't had much luck with their hunt, the mollies still praised the two for finding something to feed the clan. (+1fp, +1xp)

+75xp for 1500 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger

total :

+92xp | 10% hunger | +1 fennel, +1 chickweed, +1 burnet | +3fp (squirrel), +1fp (scraps) | level 1 (167/200)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:14 pm

The Tribe of Singing Wind
Pebble sulked his way back to the camp along side his sister, Cloud, who didn't seem to bothered by the news. ``It's so unfair that everyone else gets to go fight a raccoon while we have to go back to camp! Why can't we go?``, Pebble whined. Cloud shrugged, her expression unreadable. ``Because Snow said so. If we don't listen to our Leader and Second-In-Command, we are no better than a group of strays``, the small she-cat meowed, straight to the point. Cloud's newfound bluntness made Pebble feel uneasy at times. Shouldn't a Healer be compassionate and caring? He shrugged it off and walked just a little faster, now wanting to get back to the safety of the camp. Cloud followed behind, seemingly lost in thought.

Snow watched the two novices pad away, Pebble's tail hung low behind him. She was glad he was there to make sure Cloud would get to camp safe. Snow turned her attention to the three remaining cats around her. ``Okay, here's the situation. Sun's picked up raccoon scent and we need to drive it out. Sun and Bird will lead, following the scent trail while Petal and I will follow in the back keeping an eye out for trouble``, the she-cat spoke to her patrol. Sun nodded, proud she could lead the way. Bird looked nervous to be leading, and it was obvious Petal was very excited to stay next to Snow. Sun began looking for the raccoon scent again, following it to the best of her ability. Bird followed suite with Snow and Petal keeping their ears open for any noises.

Cloud sat in the Healer's den, sorting through herbs. Morning dew was pointing out certain herbs occasionally ``That one's good for cracked paw pads``, ``That's good for infection``, but nothing more than that. She was bored of novice jobs, and wished to actually do something than make small talk about herbs. She knew Morning dew had good intentions, but why couldn't she have a real mentor? She wanted to travel to the Moon-Reach-Place and ask her ancestors, but instead picked through the yarrow and chickweed, counting what they had. She prayed to Starclan for her tribe-mates safe return and left the den, sick of the scent of herbs.

[The patrol will pursue the raccoon]
[ 376 words ]

--cats on patrol
--> Snow that coats the ground: HP- 100%, HUP- 20%, Sick- N
--> Sun at winter horizon: HP- 100%, HUP- 10%, Sick- N
--> Bird with berry in beak: HP- 100%, HUP- 10%, Sick- N
--> Petal dancing in breeze: HP- 100%, HUP- 10%, Sick- N
--level 3
experience: 83/400

--inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x1
Vole | 2 FP | x3
Shrew | 2 FP | x3
Squirrel | 3 FP | x2
Frog | 3 FP | x1
Vulture | 4 FP | x0
Groundhog | 5 FP | x0
Raccoon | 5 FP | x0

Dandelion | Used for stings and painkiller | x1
Sorrel | Traveling herb | x1
Lamb's Ear | Gives cats strength | x2
Dried Oak Leaf | Stops infection | x1
Watermint | Treats bellyache | x2
Sweet sedge | Stops infection | x1
Hawkweed | Treats Greencough/Whitecough | x2
Goatweed | Eases grief | x1
Lovage | Treats coughing | x2
Feverfew | Reduces fever/Aches | x1
Chervil | Stops infection | x1
Catmint | Treats Greencough/Whitecough | x1
Yarrow | Makes cats vomit/Ointment can heal cracked pads | x1
Elder Leaves | Painkiller | x1
Tansy | Treats coughing | x1
Chickweed | Treats Greencough/Whitecough | x2
Tyme | Treats shock | x1
Wintergreen | Stops infection | x1
Blackberry Leaves | Used for stings | x1
Daisy Leave | Eases aching joints, sprains, and pain | x1
Willow Leaves | Treats bellyache | x1
N/A
--predators:
Foxes, Raccoons, Snakes, Opossums, Hawks,
Eagles, Badgers(uncommon), Beavers(Only near lake)
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:23 pm

+25XP for 376 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+10% hunger

Your cats got no injuries in battle! +5XP

After fighting the raccoon, the patrol made a successful hunt, enough to feed 4 mouths.
+4FP, +1 Rabbit, +4XP
Along with the prey, there were herbs a plenty, ready to be stored for use.
+1 Yarrow +1 Parsley +1 Daisy Leaf, +3XP

Your cats picked up the scent of fox. Do they pursue it?

Totals

+47XP | +4FP | +1 Yarrow +1 Parsley +1 Daisy Leaf | Level 3 (130/400)

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:42 am

+ 40 XP [670 words written]
+ 10 XP [Patrol sent]
+ 5 XP [Predator fought]
+ 0% Hunger [One free post left]

The two of them decided to follow the scent of the rabbit. It didn’t seem that old, and they wagered their chances might be better against it that against a bird. They didn’t have much prey back in the camp, and while birds were definitely delicious, there was always the risk that it would take flight and escape before they would be able to kill it, whereas hunting rabbits was indefinitely easier. They were fast, true, and quick to vanish into their burrows again, but to do that they needed to get there first.
And indeed, the scent soon grew stronger and Jaggedmoon spotted the animal gnawing on a tree’s root between some snow-laden bushes. Its white fur made it hard to spot, but this wasn’t the first snow he had hunted in, and so it was no big difficulty for him to stealthily creep closer, staying downwind, until he was close enough to pounce. With one quick movement he broke the rabbit’s neck and picked it up, walking back to Ashcloud with his prey hanging limply from his teeth. His Commander purred in content and together they decided to keep looking for anything else they might be able to find.
[+1 Rabbit, +3 FP, +3 XP]

Jaggedmoon was just about to point out some herbs he had spotted when Ashcloud called out to him.
“Watch out! –“ She was cut off as something heavy thumped to the floor behind him and he whirled around to see her pinned to the snow by a fox.
His rabbit forgotten, he unsheathed his claws and threw himself at the predator. It was sneering at the pinned Commander and growled when he raked Jaggedmoon claws over its face, recoiling in pain. Ashcloud used these few seconds to wriggle out from underneath its huge paws, joining the tom in fighting the fox. He thought he saw a few drops of blood dripping out of her fur, steaming in the snow, but she didn’t seem hurt.
Their enemy clearly hadn’t expected them to defend themselves so vigorously, and now shook his head in confusion, not knowing which one of the two to fix his eyes on. Slowly, it retreated before them, and gave a yelp when some stones underneath its paws gave way. Desperate, it fought for purchase, whirling its paws around, trying to grab for anything and failing, and the two cats watched as it tumbled down the steep slope, coming to a halt against a tree further down with a crash. It didn’t move again and the two exchanged a look. “And that is why we move carefully up here,” Ashcloud meowed finally.
Jaggedmoon could only nod and then remembered his Commander’s injury. “Are you hurt?”
“Only superficially,” the molly answered. “But still, we should get back and tell Buckstar about this.”
Jaggedmoon agreed. Together, they fetched the herbs he had seen and then returned back to the camp.
[+1 Willow Leaves, +1 Deathberries, +2 XP]

Totals
+3 FP | +1 Willow Leaves | +1 Deathberries | +60 XP | Level 0 [88/100]
Last edited by Flatterina on Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me