Item Suggestions

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Postby just peachy! » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:40 am

Aurora Storm wrote:
    I would love love love some Native American inspired horse tack items. The detail that could go into them would be incredible but even just simple bridles/flowy blankets would be *chef's kiss*

i am personally not a fan of pan-indian inspired items or pets and i think having tribal designs, headdresses and "native american inspired" patterns is a hard no. for starters it verges on cultural appropriation when non-indigenous people think its theirs, or when they own/use the artwork that was more than likely NOT created by a native artist. in addition i think its completely thoughtless and ignorant because indigenous americans are alive and well, and a lot of pan-indian imagery just gets tossed around (often not in a good light) when it is related to or an intrinsic part one or more tribe's spirituality and religion.

i have a bone to pick particularly with the "evil dreamcatcher" item sets and the halloween war bonnet pony. when a nonnative artist depicts traditional indigenous clothing and items as evil, even when its just for halloween, it is unacceptable. i understand most of these designs arent necessarily sought after anymore, but the fact that i am seeing these suggestions in 2020 is bogus. PLEASE do not consider these designs. right now in america we are going through a massive cultural change, a social justice movement where finally BIPOC voices are being heard. and now i think its about time that we collectively stop overlooking what some can consider a microaggression.

i love cs, ive been here for 6 years and this entire time ive just had to ignore these designs, shake my head and move on. i'm fine with doing that for past designs, so long as we can stop making new designs that fringe on cultural appropriation. frankly its disrespectful and there are plenty of beautiful, creative, cute, and unique designs that we can think up. it doesnt have to be something that makes a minority feel bad. gd we are still here so please listen to us and stop plagiarizing our designs to paint on your horses to make pretty pictures for IG and pinterest. it is distasteful. personally i would like to see some more cotton-candy designs and maybe a plush or realistic set of the south american camelids (llama, alpaca, vicuna, guanaco)! that is all
┌────────┐

liv | she/her | :3c
'mino-izhiwebizin!'
cow & horse lover
gemini | ⚢ | ahaw

└────────┘
just peachy!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Aurora Storm » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:18 pm

just peachy! wrote:
Aurora Storm wrote:
    I would love love love some Native American inspired horse tack items. The detail that could go into them would be incredible but even just simple bridles/flowy blankets would be *chef's kiss*

i am personally not a fan of pan-indian inspired items or pets and i think having tribal designs, headdresses and "native american inspired" patterns is a hard no. for starters it verges on cultural appropriation when non-indigenous people think its theirs, or when they own/use the artwork that was more than likely NOT created by a native artist. in addition i think its completely thoughtless and ignorant because indigenous americans are alive and well, and a lot of pan-indian imagery just gets tossed around (often not in a good light) when it is related to or an intrinsic part one or more tribe's spirituality and religion.

i have a bone to pick particularly with the "evil dreamcatcher" item sets and the halloween war bonnet pony. when a nonnative artist depicts traditional indigenous clothing and items as evil, even when its just for halloween, it is unacceptable. i understand most of these designs arent necessarily sought after anymore, but the fact that i am seeing these suggestions in 2020 is bogus. PLEASE do not consider these designs. right now in america we are going through a massive cultural change, a social justice movement where finally BIPOC voices are being heard. and now i think its about time that we collectively stop overlooking what some can consider a microaggression.

i love cs, ive been here for 6 years and this entire time ive just had to ignore these designs, shake my head and move on. i'm fine with doing that for past designs, so long as we can stop making new designs that fringe on cultural appropriation. frankly its disrespectful and there are plenty of beautiful, creative, cute, and unique designs that we can think up. it doesnt have to be something that makes a minority feel bad. gd we are still here so please listen to us and stop plagiarizing our designs to paint on your horses to make pretty pictures for IG and pinterest. it is distasteful. personally i would like to see some more cotton-candy designs and maybe a plush or realistic set of the south american camelids (llama, alpaca, vicuna, guanaco)! that is all

If you only allow "white" culture related designs to be made then are you not excluding BIPOC cultures from being celebrated, or at the very least represented? Forgive me if this is ignorance but I don't see how that is fair or how my suggestion would be cultural appropriation.
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby just peachy! » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:44 am

Aurora Storm wrote:
    If you only allow "white" culture related designs to be made then are you not excluding BIPOC cultures from being celebrated, or at the very least represented? Forgive me if this is ignorance but I don't see how that is fair or how my suggestion would be cultural appropriation.

no, what you're saying isn't ignorant, in fact that's probably how things should be in an ideal site. we should celebrate BIPOC cultures just as much as european/caucasian cultures but what you're glossing over is how each group wants to be represented as a culture. i do not want regalia and traditional items being tossed around and drawn up by artists on the internet. they have their place in the real world and they are not for internet/media consumption. especially nonnative consumption unless someone has personally gifted them that right. it turns into cultural appropriation when you ignore us saying that it isnt ok, and youre only doing it so that BIPOC cultures are not excluded from "being celebrated."

if the artists want to share items that stem from indigenous foods i think that's fine. as well as designs similar to those found in contemporary indigenous art and fashion. actually, these things would be AWESOME to see on cs if they had found a native artist to do these instead of someone white. and i absolutely do NOT want to see any more of these halloween-themed "indian" pets and items because frankly, it isnt even appropriating our cultures, it's blatantly disrespecting them. when an indigenous voice speaks up saying this isnt how they would like to be represented, that means that you haven't been listening. and speaking over us, again, is not how you remedy that situation.

i don't really think this is the right thread for this discussion. but TL;DR unless a native artist signs on to share their work with the site i should hope that no [white/nonnative] artists end up making items or pets that depict pan-indian cultural items (or of a specific tribe, for that matter). it is damaging to our identity and i and many others feel like you're making a costume out of what is literally part of our religion. celebrating cultures on chicken smoothie with holiday-themed pets from christmas, hanukkah, and kwanzaa is a lot different then popping a war bonnet on an evil-looking pony for halloween, or making a set of "evil dreamcatcher" items. those are basically making a mockery of my culture, not celebrating it.

since im back on this thread, ill suggest some more items. i think a beekeeping item set would be cool. maybe some sports-themed items, like a rugby set or hockey set. maybe obscure sports like curling! seconding picnic items, succulents, + pride flags and other pride items!
┌────────┐

liv | she/her | :3c
'mino-izhiwebizin!'
cow & horse lover
gemini | ⚢ | ahaw

└────────┘
just peachy!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Item Suggestions

Postby Strange_Atoms » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:50 am

More items that fit rare species, like Guinea Pigs, lions, deer, foxes and macaws!
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:05 am

A snaggletooth item, a single fang that sticks out of the mouth. We have a lot of sets with two fangs, but I think a single one would be cute!

Also, small tusks (like the ones on the boar snout, but without the boar). They’d make for some cool orc-like pets.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jmm0823 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:27 pm

something like a sled where you get the sled and then dogs, furs and boxes to put on the team separately so that it can be personalized.
I finally beat the record for the most bunnies collected. I want to thank everyone who has helped me along my journey.

I collect bunnies, lions, horses, and foxed. Would love to get more bunnies and lions.

I have been a holibomber for 5 years now. Below is just from this year.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _137_ people.
I have received _41_ gifts.
I have nuked _52_ people.
I have received _0_ nukes.
I have won _0_ gift wars.
I have lost _0_ gift wars.
jmm0823

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vyg1008 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:32 pm

How about Furby's, furry creature with cute big eyes or trolls
I'm a Tiger!
Tigers are aggressive, rebellious, strong, daring, sincere, unpredictable, generous, colorful, powerful
Sometimes they can be restless, clumsy, hot-tempered, impatient.
I'm a Horse!
Horses are cheerful, popular, agile, flexible, open-minded, talkative, witty, earthly
Sometimes they can be fickle, rude, gullible, stubborn, childish.
I'm a Rabbit!
Rabbits are kind, sensitive, elegant, artistic, lucky, cautious, flexible, good friend
Sometimes they can be moody, shy, lazy, opportunistic.
I'm a Dragon!
Dragons are strong, proud, noble, direct, fiery, artistic, intellectual, eccentric, show off
Sometimes they can be arrogant, violent, brash, controlling.
vyg1008

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:15 am

How about some silver muzzle items so you can age your pets?
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:03 am

giant vegetables
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lamblike » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:16 am

Hello! Recently, I have been thinking of new items that I would love to see on CS!
I want to do more dollhouse types of dressups :))

- a bookshelf or any cute shelves to put items on
- more bed frames
- taller tables
- kitchen appliances like an oven and refrigerator
- a vanity maybe? something pretty :)
- a sewing machine? new or old looking
- windows and curtains
- a tiffany lamp
- more room backgrounds similar to the log cabin one but maybe with different wall colors and wallpapers?
- a piano maybe
- a typewriter

I don't know for absolute certain that these items don't already exist? Maybe I overlooked them but, these are just some things I think would be really cute :)
lamblike

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me