Add “Special Release” Pet Chance to the Monthly Adoptions

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should “Special Release” Pets be included in the monthly adoptions?

Yes!
83%
No!
17%

Total votes : 107

Re: Add “Special Release” Pet Chance to the Monthly Adoption

Postby iHolli » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:42 am

{ support! even though in all my years I've never gotten a zebra I just love that the chance exists. I think it would be awesome to throw the other URs into the mix just the same c: ♡
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bearticor » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:18 am

support! that would be so cool!
bear || they/them || adult || always tired

will put links here eventually!
bearticor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:01 pm

Starfalling wrote:No support in the current form, I'd prefer a new set of special/UR pets if they were to do that over taking some of the specialness out of Dec. 18th

Agreed with this - I wouldn't want the current URs to suddenly be added to monthly adoptions
xxxxx
x
x
x

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open ♥

frfttfaqget helphoards

Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:54 am

Ashki wrote:
Starfalling wrote:No support in the current form, I'd prefer a new set of special/UR pets if they were to do that over taking some of the specialness out of Dec. 18th

Agreed with this - I wouldn't want the current URs to suddenly be added to monthly adoptions

We get zebras dropping as well on 12/18? Would you say they have lost their specialness? I am genuinely asking! If you say yes then I will keep that in mind.

Also with the odds the zebras are set to, these old URs would drop at very very very tiny rate. Like we would go months without any user pulling a UR in a monthly litter. Not to mention there are so many URs out that we're not going to see the same pet pop up in monthly adopts. I really think it wouldn't put a dent at all in a URs popularity.

Think of the pros vs cons. Maybe a con is that it's not as special, but maybe it only dulled its light a tiny fraction. Now the pros. Some users could go literal years without ever pulling their favorite UR like the bee or the Strawberry shortcake. Now tell them they might pull it in their monthly adopts if they are very very lucky. That's all it is really, is adding tiny chances to make someone's dream come true. Maybe they never end up pulling the UR they love in monthly adopts either, but it's just the chance that gives users hope! And someone out there would get lucky with this system c: I think they would be too busy screaming to care about its adoption date. And if other users look down on that pet because it's not 12/18, someone else would trade for it and at full price or overpay xD it's a UR!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlossomTail » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:13 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:
Ashki wrote:

We get zebras dropping as well on 12/18? Would you say they have lost their specialness? I am genuinely asking! If you say yes then I will keep that in mind.

Also with the odds the zebras are set to, these old URs would drop at very very very tiny rate. Like we would go months without any user pulling a UR in a monthly litter. Not to mention there are so many URs out that we're not going to see the same pet pop up in monthly adopts. I really think it wouldn't put a dent at all in a URs popularity.

Think of the pros vs cons. Maybe a con is that it's not as special, but maybe it only dulled its light a tiny fraction. Now the pros. Some users could go literal years without ever pulling their favorite UR like the bee or the Strawberry shortcake. Now tell them they might pull it in their monthly adopts if they are very very lucky. That's all it is really, is adding tiny chances to make someone's dream come true. Maybe they never end up pulling the UR they love in monthly adopts either, but it's just the chance that gives users hope! And someone out there would get lucky with this system c: I think they would be too busy screaming to care about its adoption date. And if other users look down on that pet because it's not 12/18, someone else would trade for it and at full price or overpay xD it's a UR!

I couldn't have worded it better myself! c:
| B e e |

Looking for Flightrising/C$ trades!
user - tifftac

Balance: 786g | 375kt
Balance: 18C$

BlossomTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:01 pm

BlueEyedKite wrote:
Ashki wrote:

I don't really think it works backwards, at least not for me - if new 'special' pets like the zebras would be added to monthly adopts, they'd be available on the 18th also. I'm not speaking on the popularity of zebras or the URs, I just don't like the idea of the URs being added to monthly adopts - and I've never even pulled a list pet on the 18th higher than an 08 advent in my 12 years on the site :P
xxxxx
x
x
x

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open ♥

frfttfaqget helphoards

Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby echo into void » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:29 am

i actually really support this. even if it's a 0.00001% chance of adopting a special release pet, that would still give me hope and excitement for just the possibility
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reyko » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:37 am

honestly? support!

I only continue to get ponies and horses FOR the small chance of a zebra. I simply just... don't really like the line art tbh. I feel that even just a small CHANCE would actually help to motivate people to adopt pets every month! I mean. I'm like that, I'm sure there are other people like that too! I'd actually be excited for the new month. cause right now, I'm kind of in a rough spot with cs. I find myself not really caring to adopt pets, and this would probably help! ^^

also, sorry if thats hard to read lol
I dont like signatures.

My Toyhou.se account

Image Image Image Image

Image the only BA I'll ever have 😔
Reyko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:40 pm

Catsplat18 wrote:Maybe food/objects could be exclusive to the Dec 18 box and the animals could have a tiny (same as the zebras) chance to show up in a monthly litter of their lineart. I assume Malk dragons, sitting cats, Tess horses, etc. would also stay in Dec 18 box only, as they are retired from monthly releases.

I agree that this would not lower their rarities. The chance is so low that it's negligible. But hey, just knowing there's a chance could inspire more people to log on every month and adopt, which would be good for the site.

I like this stipulation. It could help maintain the unique nature of Special Releases while bolstering activity/trading. URs would still be incredibly rare, but there would be a possibility to obtain UR pets, even if a player is unlucky on December 18th each year.
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyte » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:23 am

Celozon wrote:The current community poll that is up does ask if users are interested in more special release pets, but it looks like people are more interested in getting rares more often in monthly litters right now;
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4905490

I remember 2012, it got so stressful. there was a special rare every month it felt like x.x

full support though. I think this would be really nice.
ImageImageImageImage

hey y'all

im error/kyte.

i can be blunt and take things too seriously

i promise im not trying to be mean

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
kyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery