Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Redline by VESTAIS

Based on Click to view
Artist VESTAIS [gallery]
Time spent 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Redline

Postby VESTAIS » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:16 pm

My redline for Zebraa. I did not realise until now that I write so freaking huge. Anyway...
1. The drawing should fill most of the space you have. That way it's easier for people to see, and you have more room to work on details.
2. Both ears should be showing. Even though the dog is in profile, it's ears don't fit directly behind one another.
3. The back of the neck should curve outwards instead of in. This is because the dog has shoulders directly behind it's neck, and the skin stretches to cover the space between the neck and the shoulder blade.
4. Try to add a bit of fur! It maybe isn't your style, but I would suggest it if you want to make your drawing look more realistic.
5. The dog's muzzle should come out more gradually from the rest of the head. I would suggest looking at pictures of canines in profile and drawing with a reference. [References are very helpful - but make sure you use a photo instead of a drawing. If you use a drawing as a reference you will make the same mistakes as the artist who drew your reference!]
6. Not a big deal, but the ear should be facing forwards instead of back. I have a bad habit of doing this all the time too, so trust me, you're not alone. XD

One thing that you did well was the placing of the eye. It's right where it should be, if a little too big.

I hope this helped! I've never done a redline before, so I have no idea if this is good or ... XD
No random trades
VESTAIS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redline

Postby Grace(: » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks This is great :)