Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Big Mouth Bass by Inkeyu

Artist Inkeyu [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Big Mouth Bass

Postby Inkeyu » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:18 pm

"Big Mouth Bass"

Stepping through the trees, Bob Bear takes a deep breath. A day off of work, a packed lunch in one hand and a tackle box and fishing poll in the other, he stepped out beneath the fall aspens. Looking around, he spotted the perfect spot. A large, flat rock jutting out into the water.

"Perfect!" He exclaimed, stepping out to the end of the rock and sitting. Tying his lure to the end of his line and a bobber a bit higher up, he threw out his line. With a sigh, Bob Bear set the poll beside him and went to open his lunch pail, pulling out his peanut butter and lingonberry jelly sandwich and took a gigantic bite.

"Mmmmmmm." He said, closing his eyes in happiness. Taking another bit, he looks up, glancing at his bobber. Mmm. Nothing yet. He thought, chewing on his latest bite. Glancing over again, he noticed the bobber under water. "A mite?" He said, his mouth full. Watching the bobber more, he noticed it switching from below to above the water and back. Quickly setting his sandwich on his lunch pail, he grabbed his poll and pulled up, feeling a large fish on the other end.

Swallowing, he grinned and exclaimed. "OoooOOOo BOY! It's a biggy!" He fought with it, letting it run and pulling it back in, and repeating the process. After a couple minutes of fighting, the line went a bit slack and he began to reel it in slowly, thinking that the fight was over. Suddenly, the line went taut again and the fish burst through the surface of the water and into the air, showing it's full strength.

"YEEEEEhaaaawww!!!" Bob Bear yelled, fighting with the beast of a fish once more. A few minutes later, the line again went slack and he reeled in the largest fish of his life. A large mouth bass. He laughed to himself at what he knew Honey Bear, his wife would call it.

"Big mouth bass." He mused, laughing again. "That's what she'd call you." The fish in his hands was hard to hold due to its weight but he held it, looking at it and knowing that unless he got a picture, his family would never believe it. Remembering he had one in his lunch pale, just in case, he set the fish on the rock gently beside himself and turned to pull the camera out of his lunch pale. Pulling it out quickly, he turned to take a picture of his catch but saw it was gone.

Frowning, he realized that his prize fish had flopped its way back into the lake. Holding the camera in his hand and looking out over the lake, he decided to take a picture of the lake instead. At least he could put that picture on the wall. After snapping the picture, he packed up his stuff, Bob Bear turned and walked back through the forest to his car.

A few weeks later, when Honey Bear came home from developing the film on the camera, she walked in the door and hugged and kissed him on the cheek.
"That's a beautiful picture you took." She said, smiling at him.
"Thank you Honey. I thought you might like it." He said back, kissing her cheek in return.
"I made a large one and had it framed. I'll put it above the mantle."
"Okay dear. I'm glad you like it this much."

Bob Bear watched as his wife walked over to the fireplace and hung up the picture. As she stepped to the side, he began to laugh harder and harder as he looked at the picture.

"What is so funny?" Honey Bear asked, a bit confused.
"That silly fish just couldn't help but gloat that he got away!" He said loudly, pointing at the picture. In the center of the photo, his prized fish was in the air above the water, a big, mocking grin on his face.

Honey Bear began laughing too and asked "Good fishing trip?"

Bob Bear nodded, still laughing a bit and agreed. "Good fishing trip."

<3 Happy Birthday Dad! <3
~ I love you! ~
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me