Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Contest - Design a Chifrelobo (over) by Thalateya

Based on Click to view
Artist Thalateya [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Contest - Design a Chifrelobo (over)

Postby Thalateya » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Part of a series of short comic I hope to produce, I've made a species called the Chifrelobo. They look extremely similar to wolves, they live in packs, and all the males have horns. Their coats usually come from animals, which vary from tribe to tribe. I need some characters, three to be exact. So I'm holding a contest.
Only one set of prizes will be given out, but I will keep any designs that I like.

Prizes
ImageImageImage

In addition, a grand prize may be given out in I really like your design.

Last edited by Thalateya on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thalateya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Details

Postby Thalateya » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 am

Once you send your entry, I will respond to your post with a short list of what I think of your entry.
I want designs inspired by snow leopards and aussie dogs. Your design must have at least some element of these two dogs.

Rules
You can make as many entries as you want, but you must wait until I've replied to your post before you make another.
Your entry must not have any form of hair, sparkle, ect. This is supposed to be realistic and feral.
Shading is removed for a reason, they disrupt the design.
I deleted the male outlines (I find them disturbing) but your design can be either female or male. (all males have horns)
I may change the rules around a little bit as the contest goes on.
For the sake of consistency, don't try to doll up your design with backgrounds and everything.

What I want

When you submit your entry, is will reply with this list judging how good it is. It will be rated either 'unsatisfactory', 'poor', 'satisfactory', 'good' or 'ideal'.

Aussie/Leopard Scale: First and foremost, I want a wolf designed by elements of the Australian Shepherd breed of dog, and the Snow Leopard. If none of these animals are included, then your design will not win. The more evenly mixed the better. This doesn't mean you can't involve anything else.
Originality: This dosen't just mean 'not like anyone elses', it means 'if everyone else has scars/socks/spots ect. why don't i try something different? I also like complicated designs.
Naturality: As I said, I will not tolerate bright neon colours or other, non-natural patterns. Thing such as glows, collars, hair, wings, stars and other similar things will all count against this.
Overall Appearance: Designs that are just a mess of patterns will look bad. I like complicated designs, but I like good complicated designs.
Accesories: Chifrelobos are a proud race that have been away from humans for many generations. They're not going to be walking around with fluffy green collars or big red socks. I have kept a few accessories on the template but you will win extra if you make your own. Things such as feathers, skins, leaves, and such will add to this. Of course, you don't have to add any accessories.
How much I like it: Well... they are my characters. It might not matter how much it fills the brief, if I don't like it, it won't do well... It's all down to personal opinion.
Last edited by Thalateya on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thalateya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Contest - Design a Chifrelobo

Postby Thalateya » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:24 am

Bump.
Last edited by Thalateya on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thalateya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snellabella » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:12 am

my i make a second one i didnt l;ike how my first cam out and it has nothing with your likes ish so may i make another thanks
ImageImageImageImageImage
snellabella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rook. » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:27 am

Working on one, the aussie markings will fail but hopefully the snow leopard parts will look ok.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxhey i'm rook
xxshe/her
xxasteria rift - briar rose
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rook.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby What the Neff » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:26 am

is this still going? the end date is way past but it doesn't say anything thats why i ask.
What the Neff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalateya » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:35 am

What the Neff wrote:is this still going? the end date is way past but it doesn't say anything thats why i ask.

Yes. Why on earth did I think Sepember was November! :lol:
Thalateya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby What the Neff » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:42 am

haha oh good :D lol

may i enter using gimp? I'm better at that program!
What the Neff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalateya » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:42 am

What the Neff wrote:haha oh good :D lol

may i enter using gimp? I'm better at that program!

As far as I know there's no way to like Gimp with the Oekaki, and it would just make thing fairly complicated. For the sake of simplicity, I'd rather you didn't/.
Thalateya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me