Based on Click to view
Artist ButterflyChaser [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Benliadar

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:16 am

Lines by TheWolfsgirl90 w/ some edits to the lineart to make him snarling.
Updated both drawings. The frontal I'm very proud of. Side view not as much. The ear feather (the only thing that remains of his former self) is decaying. It is constantly shedding pieces.

Doesn't he look mean? I certainly wouldn't want to be near him...any day.

His green form. His fur acts like an iridescent beetle. Colors shift from purple-blue to yellow-green. The top of his back and upper neck is gray-purple with hollow silvery tips. His jowls and eyebrows are gray from aging.

Without Charcoal rubbing patterns:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Benliadar
Tribe: Yami
Personality: stern, harsh, conflicted. He is a harsh commander. He doesn't tolerate weakness. Takes no prisoners. Either kill them or make them slaves. He is aggressive and abusive if he feels it is needed.
Main Element: Stone. He can melt it down and generate a lava flow, make lava swirl around him and his foes, cause rocks to fall, create and break apart mountains, turn mountains into volcanoes, trigger earthquakes, cause the ground to split open and lava to gush out, and various other abilities related to stone. He can also turn himself into stone for a brief time and make himself indestructible. These are the gifts the Dark Spirit has given him. He usually doesn't use these abilities because he views turning to elemental attacks as a cop out to using is own physical strength. He is very strong. It is something he's worked on from before he joined the Yami tribe. The tribe he came from were very strong wolves that valued physical strength and wit above all else. As he gets further corrupted by the dark spirit, he will gradually enjoy these new powers and when that happens, watch out!

Story is on his entry form. It was too long and took up too much space on the Oekaki forum.
Please go here to read it:
viewtopic.php?t=672043
Last edited by ButterflyChaser on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Benliadar

Postby OceanBlast » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 am

I remember you from that drawing of him you did, Hi!
hey everyone, I'm rose! but u can call me ocean. I a pretty basic person but my interests include art, photography, sleeping, and tea (u can probs guess where I come from lol). if u need any help w/ anything just send over a pm! I'd be glad to help <3
OceanBlast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apache~ » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:11 pm

just to let you know the lava part of your stone element would be classified under fire.
So right now he is using two elements.
which is fine :>
I just meant the one they use the most, but all/most aurion wolves can use more than one element. Since he uses other strictly stone things such as turning himself into stone and breaking/creating mountains and volcanoes. Just know that if using both the stone to make the mountain, and controlling the lava to make it a volcano would drain a bit more power from him than just using stone.
more on deviantart
ImageImageImage
apache~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:23 pm

apache~ wrote:just to let you know the lava part of your stone element would be classified under fire.
So right now he is using two elements.
which is fine :>
I just meant the one they use the most, but all/most aurion wolves can use more than one element. Since he uses other strictly stone things such as turning himself into stone and breaking/creating mountains and volcanoes. Just know that if using both the stone to make the mountain, and controlling the lava to make it a volcano would drain a bit more power from him than just using stone.

Sounds fair enough. I'm glad they can use more than one element. (though as I view it lava is the same as rock, just melted down. Sort of like water turning into either a vapor or ice. Fire would be if it ignited something) But I can see it either way as rock or fire or both.
Fire would be his secondary/weaker element. Maybe he is only able to use it on a full moon or be able to use both only that time? Just curious, how would a power drained Aurion wolf appear? Do they get exhausted? Any physical changes in their appearance? Do their eyes stop glowing?

I really like the idea of the wolves having to recharge after using their powers too much. It makes for fair battling, I believe. I don't need an all powerful character. Plus since he uses his physical strength for most of the battling, he should be pretty fine, that is unless he gets really stupid and power hungry. :roll: Then he deserves to be laying flat out on the ground depleted, lol.

If I ever get around to it, I'm tempted to sketch what he'd look like on a New Moon. I imagine him looking sort of like a shrunken thinned out summer wolf shedding his coat. Looking very scruffy and unhappy/grumpy. After all losing his strength and being vulnerable is his worst fear.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:06 am

Updated drawing. I guess it is done. I messed up on the side view. Doesn't look like a skull, but I tried...
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apache~ » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:17 pm

I really do like his skull, actually. I think it looks very good! the side view is a little rough but really it's not too bad. I wouldn't really know how to critique it so I'll stay quiet ^^; really skulls have a lot of lines, so I would just add more lines and perhaps more shading? other than that it looks great.
more on deviantart
ImageImageImage
apache~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me