Drawing sessions 25
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Tundra

by Tundra

by Tundra

Nexus

Postby Tundra » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:09 am

Yeh..armor remake, but old, I did this remake back in 2014, early. Before the armor no change rule was in effect. This is her final armor.

Edit: Sunday, May 18 2013. - After much debate, and time I decided it was time to part with Nexus's armor design from before and make one completely of my own. I did end up keeping the helm, and the tail armor from her last armor, but everything else got a makeover. She now has a cape made of a bear pelt(though has since sun bleached where its now almost white), And parts of her original armor design came back. For those who never saw her original armor, it can be seen here. My decision was a hard one when it came to redesigning her armor, but overall I think I like it. Colors are not set in stone though, and may change. For now though, I am done.

Her old armor will be placed in the armor shop when I have time. This will include the unique star metal, and overall most of the design. BUT the helm shall be different, as well as the tail armor, if it has any in my remake.

Edit: Wednesday, September 12th - Went back and did some edits to her armor. I felt it needed some touching up since my skills have improved since I made her armor. I fixed some layering issues and overall made the armor seem to flow more. Unfortunately I lost my old armor image, otherwise I would post it.

I felt her armor needed a touch up, but overall still has the same feel as before. Changes were minor, including rayo's symbol in the armor as well(in 3 spots actually, leg, hip, and part of the crest)

Main differences: Back plates, a significant difference in the portrayal of the Indian headdress, as well as an overall bulkier feel. Though bulky was not my intention, she is quite the tomboy and I believe it fits well.

Done, this was the form I entered to win Nexus, also the image.

My Post In the actual thread

# of the Pup You want: Puppy 2
Name: Nexus
Why are you Adopting?: Well, its easy to say I just like the concept of the WoI wolves. Though wolves in armor has been around for awhile, this was the first time I had seen someone actually make a race of the idea. I fell in love at first sight, loving the natural colors and the detail of the armors. I did at one point ask TWG90 if it was possible for me to to make one. Though the answer was no, I was glad to hear that there would be more chances through adoptions.

As for why I'm wanting to adopt this particular pup. Her coloration is wonderful. Though on my home comp its hard to tell her coloration, I saved the image and found I loved her even more after seeing she was consisting of all my more favored colors. I also liked the natural markings she has on her, having leopard spots on her neck and stripes on her left leg. An overall wonderful design if I say so myself.

Submit Short Story:
Here I stand, tall and strong as the wind blew against my fur with an unrelenting force, attempting to push its target out of the way. The night sky shone bright above me, its silent words calling me into a howl, a long, somber, story filled howl. My name is Nexus; I’m a Warrior of Isket defending the lands from the growing force that is known as the Kronador. My life has been long and hard, interesting as one could say, but still sad. Really it was one of the common stories of a Warrior, since most lost their families in fights like I did.

Not all warriors were born with the fighting spirit. It had to be developed, especially if you had nothing to lose. I lost my spirit for the longest time, blind in one eye, I though I could never be a Warrior. It wasn’t till I was confronted with the fight for my own life, that I realized I wasn’t alone. Many of the warriors had different ‘weaknesses’ as one could say. Some being battle scars, others being natural such as size or blindness. It wasn’t an easy revelation, but it came with a strength I thought I didn’t have.

I was young, very young when I lost my parents in one of the many wars that they were called to fight it. First my father had gone, killed by the venomous bite of a Kronador in the fight of Blazing Sun, named such because it had been hot that day, the sun sending its blazing rays of light down on the tired warriors heavy pelts.. My Mother, she died slowly, her chest ripped into by a leader of one of the Kronador armies, left to bleed out on the battlefield. But before she died she managed to give her last words to one of the other warriors. She said, “Always remember to be yourself my daughter, let the moon guide your everlasting howl.”

Really at the age I was, I didn’t understand this when it was told to me, all I really remembered of my mom was her scent and her melodious voice. I do remember Soraya’s soothing voice as she came to retrieve me from my mother’s den after the battle. The pups that had lost their families in some way, whether it be to battle, or the pup just happened to wander away, losing its way and becoming lost. Most found their way back but those that didn’t, were taken in by Soraya to be raised to adulthood, and then they moved out on their own. There were a total of five pups that were with me, each and every one having their own personality

I was a slightly shy pup, always keeping quiet when not spoken to. I really didn’t like to be bothered with the trivial lives of the other pups, which they seemed to repeat every day since most seemed to forget everything they learned the day before. I really just wanted to go out on my own, but was scared. I still stood tall and strong, but you see, I was disappointing in my blind eye, even if I was born this way. I would always shy away from those that seemed so perfect. I was teased by the older pups, being called one eye or other vulgar names referring to my blind eye. I just wanted to get out of there.

So I stuffed myself into my studies, learning about the history of warriors, and the techniques in which they used to fight. I always daydreamed of what it would be like to charge into battle, fangs sharp, armor shining on the light. But I was always brought back to reality when a pup teased me, called me a name and laughed about me daydreaming. Though I was blind in one eye, I had increased senses because of it. My hearing was tuned to pick up even the smallest of mice in the shrubbery of the lands. My nose, it could smell a day old trail where as most would barely be able to pick it up. But really I didn’t want to brag; I didn’t want to sink down to the level of which my bullies had. Bragging was almost as bad as teasing one for their differences. It was saying you are better then them, and it can hurt just as much as teasing or harsh nicknames.

One day, I was out on a hunting patrol with some other warriors in training. I was a young adult now, almost a year old. While on this patrol, we were to hunt down a large deer that had been spotted to the west of the camp. As usual I was forced to the edge, as if they wanted me just to die from the claws of a Kronador, but I had grown used to this. As the pack went ahead, I noticed the hoof impressions of a deer leading up onto a cliff edge. I tried to tell the patrol, but they didn’t listen, saying that it would be down where it was spotted. So I decided I would go up the trail myself, sniffing out the deers scent. It was a dumb decision for any in training pup to wander away from the trainers. You never should wander away from your pack in any case, Kronadors were sneaky, and liked to ambush warriors that were on their own, easy pickings as they say.

I was happy, excited when I saw the deer in the clearing. But oddly enough it sat directly in the center of the clearing. My instincts told me that this was off, that it should have been sticking closer to the forests edge. But my belly told me to chase it towards the others. Dropping low I began to creep up to it, the grass hiding my approach. But soon I realized just how much of a mistake I had made. A Kronador, a big one at that, came out of nowhere, its claws slamming into my side, blood seeping from a new wound. I yelped, thrown aside like a piece of trash. Standing I slowly began backing up growling in defense, but it was not going to give up. It lunged at me; fangs ready to take my life. I closed my eyes ready to meet my end when another wolf stood in front of me. I didn’t recognize him, but he had a deep scar down his right eye, obviously not able to see in it. I couldn't even tell if it was a warrior.

He snapped his fangs, fending the Kronador off me. It was amazing, his movements and how quickly he was able to fend the creature of me. Soon the Kronador let out a roar lunging at the wolf, but the wolf was quicker. His claws dug into the ground and swerved in such a way that his fangs sank into thee Kronador’s throat and quickly with a tug dispatched the creature. I stood there in shock, other warriors beginning to show up. I looked around wondering exactly what had happened, but when I looked back the wolf was gone. I never found out who he was, or why he had saved me, but it left an impression that I could achieve anything if I put my mind to it.

After that day, I worked to accommodate my weakness, honing my hearing to pick up the slightest wind changes. Soon behold I was fighting with the others; the sparing matches we had always were fun, but definitely learning experiences. I found that quite often they other warriors would target my right side. It was only instinct, but I quickly showed them that I wasn’t going to be defeated that easily. I realized then, after so long that I was just as equal with all the other warriors as they were with me. After another year, I gained my armor. Its golden trim shining like the blazing sun. I was caught off guard by the actual metal of the armor. It's surface appeared as though the warriors had captured the stars within its cold grasp. I was proud of myself at the moment the helm was place on my head symbolizing I was a warrior. I was a warrior, trained to defend those in which I care for, and protect the lands in which we keep. I would always fight for what is right, and show those that felt left out that they, if the put their mind to it, could always prevail over the unjust and become strong warriors.

PS: I may revise her story eventually..I don't know. Maybe to a third person view.
Last edited by Tundra on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nexus

Postby Tundra » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Placement of lines have been moved to their right location, ty mods!
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panacea » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:21 pm

The armor is turning out lovely Tundra :D <3
please find me below!
Tumblr | Instagram | Youtube | Behance
DAMs | my WMEs | commissions [off-site only]
Panacea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Finished her armor finally XD, as hard as it is to draw on here...i used a combination of the watercolor tool and 1000 scattering(the max) with size 1 pencil brush to get the stars. Otherwise the rest was easy
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby list the unknown » Sun May 19, 2013 5:23 pm

wow, that is absolutely amazing!
list the unknown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:50 am

Yeh..another armor redesign, a celestial based one. Will be golds silvers with accents of red and cyan
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me