Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Adoptable Tanika by Zaphod Riker

Artist Zaphod Riker [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Adoptable Tanika

Postby Zaphod Riker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:40 am

Welcome all to this Adoption Thread, you only have to read the bold print below to adopt, the rest is for understanding.

Hey there, I'm Shawnty, short for Shawntella. I started this thread becuase I wanted to have my first post on this shared account (Between my 3 friends, Buck, Garret, and Cress) to be in the Oekaki forum, I also need some inspiration for my story involving these animals, and I wanted to meet all of you! Anyway, a Tanika can come in any one of 20 different formes. This thread has 5 in it and I may add more. Just remember I also have a life. I'd love to adopt some out for you, but first we do need rules. Just like in books, there are certain rules you must follow. Please do not chat speak, curse, or steal my artwork. I find this offensive and rude. Refrain from PMing a custom form. It simply jams up our inbox and Cress hates wednesdays becuase it's inbox-cleanout day (My day to clean in it Saturday ;) ). When it comes to customs, I may take a while, but feel free to send a kind reminder to me. Please no "Can you hurry up?" becuase, face it, you would hate it of you were rushed. This last one is completely optional, but try and put a small (5+) paragraph about your Tanika and how it acts, it will help me out with the story I'm writing. Thank you and enjoy!

Up for Adoption and how to get special Tanikas!

Currently, we have 5 different species of Tanika in 3 different age groups.

Legend Tanika - 1 Baby
    Water Tanika - 3 Babies
    Fire Tanika - 1 Baby, 2 teens
    Grass Tanika - 2 teens, 1 adult
    Electric Tanika - 1 baby, 1 teen, 1 adult

There are also ways to get special, rare Tanika's instead of regular ones. Since the regulars only come in 1 color, I got the idea of Customs, Gleaming, and Blended Tanika's! Not to mention Event ones!

~~Custom "Blank-Tile" Tanika - Basically, it's a blank slate, I mostly give these out when your nice and leave a nicer comment or something. These can be of any species, excluding Legend, and can be any solid color. They are cross-breedable, so if you want, you can have a Blank-Tile, gleaming Tanika!
    ~~Gleaming - A gleaming Tanika is way more rare. Say a regular Water Tanika is blue, while a Gleaming is brown. They are different colors, but other than that, have no real differance besides the fact they are rare, and they too, are cross breedable. See Buck's Method Below in "Special Tricks"
    ~~Blended - Take a Fire Tanika and an Electric Tanika and you get a FireStorm Tanika. This is one example of Blended. They are only breedable with their one of they own species types and Blank-Tile. So a FireStorm cannot breed with a MuddyWater, but shares the "fire" trait with a WildFire. These do need extra time to design the lineart.
    ~~Event - Events are things where a Tanika is given away. Normally occuring at something important, such as a birthday of a mod or my finishing a book, the event normally determines the kind of event. Most Events are genderless, so they cannot breed at all. These are normally annouced in the signature.

Special Tricks!

Buck's Method

Buck came up with this on Tinkerpets (a freeweb formally run by me, but now run by another friend not on this account), where the breeding and mechanics were basically the same. Buck's way was to put a Blank-Tile and a FireStorm Tanika together, and the odds of getting a Gleaming Tanika shot up 50 percent. The chances of getting a Gleaming is as follows.

Buck Wrote:

(Se1)Tanika 1 Secret Id: -----
(Se2)Tanika 2 Secret Id: -----
(C)Conditions (good-bad): 1-5
(Sp1)Tanika 1 Species Id: ---
(Sp2)Tanika 2 Species Id: ---

(Se1+Sp2) / C / (Se2+Sp1) = V

If V is less than 2, it's a Gleaming.

Lets try it out, shall we?

(Se1)Tanika 1 Secret Id: 32764
(Se2)Tanika 2 Secret Id: 81562
(C)Conditions (good-bad): 4
(Sp1)Tanika 1 Species Id: 536
(Sp2)Tanika 2 Species Id: 812

The V was about 0.1, so the newborn is a Gleaming.

Species ID's (For my referance.)

Legend - 000
Fire - 100
Water - 200
Grass - 300
Electric - 400
Air (Not released) - 500
Ground (Not Released) - 600
Ghost (In current Event, otherwise not released) - 700
Dragon - 800

Hybrids are in between.
Last edited by Zaphod Riker on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaphod Riker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adoptable Tanika

Postby Zaphod Riker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:05 am

Ok, now the event is up!
Zaphod Riker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zaphod Riker » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:48 pm

Adding more Tanika Species. Draco, Ground, Dark, and Light.
Zaphod Riker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aprianna » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi!!! Im Aprianna and i woul like a baby Legend Tanika or a teen Water Tanika... I dont care what it looks like. It seems like your a good artist so you do your thing.. Please get bck 2 me asap!!!! :) THANKS!!!!!! :D ;)
aprianna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zaphod Riker » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:19 am

(Starting right away)
Zaphod Riker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aprianna » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:27 am

okay thanks sssssssssssoooooooooooo much!!! :)
aprianna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zaphod Riker » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 am

I PMed you your Tanika. Thank You for Ordering.
Zaphod Riker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me