Based on Click to view
Artist Rescue2001 [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 7 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Phantom roaning

Postby Rescue2001 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:11 pm

Inkiing wrote:Phantom roaning

When roan and pinto genes (tobiano, tovero, overo and manchado specific) interact, it is possible for the roaning to become selective, appearing only on a few spots on the main body of the horse. It's important to note that the presence of the roan gene is necessary for these phantom roaning to appear, and they will not be present on the lower legs and head of the horse.

Phantom roaning can vary in size, with some taking up to 3/4 of the horse's pinto spots, although it is more common for them to affect up to 1/2 of the spots. Additionally, the roan gene can cause more extensive mapping on all of the pinto spots. The color of the phantom spots can range from nearly white to nearly the base color, as long as there is some distinction between the main body color and the roaning.

Genes will need a pinto gene (Tt, Oo, and or + manchado) the roan gene (Rr) and + phantom roaning khims cannot be a carrier if it doesn't pass then it doesn't carry it. Every automatic roan breeding (so Rr x Rr or one parent has RR) will have a 5% chance of getting phantom roaning randomly

Above example is shown with tovero

Another example shown with tobiano
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me