Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

a pair of wacky siblings by Kayara

Based on Click to view
Artist Kayara [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

a pair of wacky siblings

Postby Kayara » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:41 pm

I wanted to mess around with this pose and the background because ~gradients~
BUT OH MY GOSH I SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THIS??
still, I choose to not let it bother me too much that my creative process takes me just as long as everything else I do. One thing about me I stay consistent-

Featured here are the humanoid versions of Rio and Ferlos who I have LOVED and wanted to DRAW for the longest time. As I was making this, the sibling energy was strong, HOWEVER, it was not until I had to come up with an eye-color for Ferlos (idk about that name still, accepting suggestions.. Nico maybe?) since his design doesn't include it that I realized that I liked the idea of their eyes using the same colors [yellow and orange] since they're in the same drawing so they should compliment each other somewhat. While I can see myself changing his eye color anyway, I also think they have a similar palette with the main difference being that one is more saturated than the other. Rio's hair grows out a light blue with dark tips and Fer's hair starts dark and lightens at the ends.

I got pinterest just for clothes inspo since I did not want to look very hard but I didn't trust myself to make something up.
x, x
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: a pair of wacky siblings

Postby ♥ mizu » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:43 pm

i LOVE the clothes you picked for them, idk why but they just fit their vibes so well?? and kay omg. you spent so long on this but it really turned out great!! fantastic job. i love all of the little details. i love the expressions too, ferlos' slightly squinty(idk if that's the word?) eye is just so cute. love these two omg
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: a pair of wacky siblings

Postby Kayara » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:46 am

♥ mizu wrote:i LOVE the clothes you picked for them, idk why but they just fit their vibes so well?? and kay omg. you spent so long on this but it really turned out great!! fantastic job. i love all of the little details. i love the expressions too, ferlos' slightly squinty(idk if that's the word?) eye is just so cute. love these two omg

AYYY TY TY <333 I’m pretty proud of the clothes because even though they don’t look entirely realistic, which I wasn’t aiming for, I like the look of them anyway and THE BEST THING is that they were relaxing to draw whereas I usually dread shading clothes. I even had the creative energy to come back to Rio’s clothes and add the various stages of a firework going off. Idk just felt right.
Aww yes! That’s his *I’m going along with this because I love you and you won’t behave in public even if I discourage it* face. Thank you so much for your words bliss I appreciate it <3 /gen
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me