Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

{ Kibbies ! } by kageyenova

Based on Click to view
Artist kageyenova [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
123 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

{ Kibbies ! }

Postby kageyenova » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:56 pm

KIBBIES!
| Main Page | Artist Search | Customs/MYOs | Shop | Nursery | Archive Registration |
| Discord |

«━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━»

What are Kibbies?
[ Kih·bees ]
a tiny masupial-like species with the similar looks of a cat, Kibbies are most
commonly found in the trees of rainforests. Flexible hind legs consisting
of only two toes, used like a finger and thumb, are able to provide this small
species to grab tightly onto branches - and each other - while climbing.
Despite their size, (ranging on average between 4 and 9 inches long) they live
to be about 15 - 20 years and mature at around 18 months, where they are
able to begin leaving their nests in the trees to begin lives of their own.
Kibbies survive on bugs and fruits, thus this species is considered omnivorous.
They have also been seen hunting smaller creatures like tadpoles in order to
impress members of their cluster - strong swimmers must also be great climbers!

Their antennae is probably the strangest trait they have as mammals; while
they do have strong noses and large ears, their antennae seem to be used
to help amplify their senses of smell and hearing - but greatest of all, they
can actually use their antennae to communicate across species and protect
themselves. They are able to mimic the sounds they hear to an eerie accuracy
from what their antennae is able to pick up, and learn what these sounds
mean based on the responses they gain from their surroundings. Much like
birds, many kibbies have been able to learn patterns of human speech to
get across feeling and wants!

Ready to Get Started?
In order to participate in most adopts and events, you should have an archive
to store proof of ownership of your kibbies and any items you redeem. Your
archive could be, but is not limited to: a personal thread on CS, a folder on
toyhouse, a spreadsheet, or a google document. There are multiple ways of
making a storage. You can even add a theme to it, if you like; personalization
is absolutely fine.
Go to this thread to post your archive!
It is important that it is a public link and appropriate for CS.

After you've registered for an archive and have marked this page, you should
know that you've already earned your first MYO token! This means that
you can already get started on making your own Kibby under the
Customs/MYOs page. Head over there for further details!

Trait List - to be adjusted as we go along!

All Kibbies MUST Have:
      • antennae
      • rabbit-like noses
      • two-toed back paws
        These traits cannot be removed (unless by unnatural/scarred means)

KIBBY ANTENNAE:
      • All TYPICAL and BASIC Kibbies MUST have ONE set of antennae on top of the head, unless unnaturally removed/scarred.
      • All MUTANT Kibbies MUST have TWO sets of antennae, both of which MUST be on top of the head, unless unnaturally removed/scarred.
      • All CORRUPT Kibbies MUST have THREE OR MORE sets of antennae, two of which MUST be on top of the head, unless unnaturally removed/scarred.

NON-RARITY TRAITS - free to add to your kibby without affecting its tier!

expression change | natural eye shape | scars | wounds/stitches | missing limbs | weight | hair/fur texture | chimerism / albinism / melanism | vitiligo / piebald | snaggletooth | prosthetics | accessories

TYPICAL - All Typical Kibby Traits!

one set of antennae | long prehensile tail | any hair on head | no hair on head | typical whiskers (cat-like) | two-toed hind legs | typical paws | small claws | white sclera | thin tongue | typical ears | small fangs

BASIC - Other Common Kibby Traits!

shorter antennae | bulbous / thin / feathered / pointed antennae | heterochromia / partial heterochromia | sclera color | mane / backmane | hair on chin / along jaw | Shorter tail | Shorter / Longer fur | folded ears | longer claws | shorter limbs | blood color

MUTANT - Evolved Kibby Traits!

two sets of antennae | other antennae shape | muzzle shape edit | tongue shape change | unnatural eye/iris/pupil shape | spikes/horns on head | small wings (two or fewer sets) | tail shape change | two/split tails | Six total limbs/paws | Extra toes (front legs only) | Paw pads on hind legs | paw pad shape change | whiskers (dragon-like) | loss of pupils | teeth edit | ear shape change | no ears | longer body | vents

CORRUPT - Warped Kibby Traits, more than just mutation!

three or more sets of antennae | Longer antennae | multiple eyes | loss of irises | no eyes | gigantism / longer limbs | mouth shape edit / multiple mouths | multiple tails | odd bodily growths - gems, scales, feathers, plants, eyes, mouths, animal parts, etc. | two heads | spines/spikes/horns on body | transparent/glass/gelatin body (or parts) | glow | bone exposure | zombification / frankenstein'd | large wings (two or fewer sets)
Last edited by kageyenova on Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:56 am, edited 28 times in total.
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ Kibbies | Staff }

Postby kageyenova » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:56 pm

[ I feel obligated to establish that my closest friends are helping me on this project. While they do not own this species, they may be granted certain permissions that seem unfair, and I fully acknowledge that. ]

HAVEN | Cerulean Wake
SNIPS | snipsnops
GRILL | Grill,
MIST | MistCat

[ That being said, these users, and any other friends/mutuals I have here on CS, will not receive skewed or biased judgements in any free adopts provided by this species. ]

reserved
Last edited by kageyenova on Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ Kibbies | Rules }

Postby kageyenova » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:57 pm

To Note
  • This is a semi-open/closed species.
    There are free means to earn free MYOs and premade Kibbies, seen on the MYO's page, but there are only a limited amount of slots that can be redeemed for starting members. Many premade Kibbies will also be sold for real currencies, C$, or trade-able items in and out of the species.
    x
  • Kibbies that were purchased may be resold for equal to or less than the price of which they were originally bought for.
    This includes C$ or USD. But if you earned your Kibby through competition, raffle, or as a freebie, it might only be traded for other Kibbies, Kibby-related items/MYO tickets. Consult the original artist for what other permissions you have in giving away your Kibby.
    x
  • Users can only own up to 12 Kibbies (as of 1/27/2024)
    The cap might be raised in the future, so hang tight!
    x
  • All Kibbies have the same nose and hind legs.
    The nose and back paws may be slightly altered for art-style purposes, but keep in mind that they only have two toes + a rabbit-like nose!
    x
  • Kibbies can be any gender/sexuality.
    Any two kibbies can breed as long as they are not related. Please be mindful where you got your kibbies from if they were part of nursery batches.
    x
  • Any suggestions for the species is helpful and greatly appreciated.
    We love to hear feedback from our community!
    x
  • Kibbies staff reserve the right to add, remove, or amend species rules as needed.
    We also reserve the right to carry out appropriate action against users who might not have broken species rules, but who have been voted by staff to have previously displayed inappropriate behavior that might be disruptive to the community.
    x

General Rules;
  • Copying/tracing/claiming the species as your own are all worthy of a ban.
    While we do not own the concept of cats with antennae, the lore, lines, assets, and "brand" of Kibbies belongs to Kageyenova.
    You are more than welcome to design characters with the same traits, they will just not be considered official designs of the Kibbies community!
    x
  • Three warnings equal a strike. Three strikes result in a ban.
    Depending on severity of the case, rule-breaking might result in an instant strike or ban as voted by majority of the staff.
    x
  • No minimodding.
    Please don't take matters into your own hands! If you see something amiss contact a staff member.
    x
  • Designs may not be transferred in/out of the species without permission.
    Please have proof of permission from the artist and the species owner (Kageyenova) when transferring designs in or out of Kibbies.
    x
  • Kibbies may be co-owned, but will not be earned with "co-ownership".
    MYO tokens cannot be 'co-owned', but the design that results from them may be. This is for individual users to decide when archiving their characters. Users cannot decide to co-own a Kibby without the original owner's permission.
    x
  • You may not make your own Kibby without permission.
    You must purchase a MYO token from the shop to be able to make one, or have someone else make the Kibby for you.
    x
  • You may not put Artist Entries up for sale or trade.
    *This does not apply during "Yard Sale" events.
    The Artist Search is strictly used to test the species' lines, try out for an artist position, or make entries for Kibby MYO competitions. Putting pre-made designs up for sale clashes with the Staff privilege of putting out adopts in exchange for some form of payment. This action will result in an immediate strike. Commissioning entirely new designs to be used as MYOs, however, is permitted.
    x
  • Harassment and rudeness will not be tolerated.
    Begging, guilt-tripping and general toxic and rude behavior are all worthy of a strike. Such behavior may include, but is not limited to: complaining about competitions in the Discord server, messaging artists to "show" them what your entry would have been if you hadn't missed out on the competition, posting self-deprecating messages about missing a raffle or a flatsale, and so forth.
    x
  • Kibbies staff reserve the right to ban any member as they see fit.
    Bans may be permanent or temporary, at the discretion of the species owner and a majority staff vote. Banned users may not interact with the species. They may not post in Kibbies threads or participate in Kibby-related activities such as take part in events, purchase Kibbies or Kibby MYO tokens, try out for free Kibby adopts or create Kibby MYO designs. They may be commissioned to draw art of other people's Kibbies. They are not allowed to own any more Kibbies that they may already have and are not allowed to gift, trade, or breed their Kibbies for other designs/items from the species. They may transfer their Kibbies if they so wish, with the permission of the species owner and the artist of the Kibby. If banned members wish to give up their Kibby(s), they must give it up to a staff member so it may be readopted.
    x

Customs/MYOs
  • There must be a valid MYO token in your archive to be able to make or claim an artist entry.
    Please wait for your purchase to be processed and the item added to your personal archive before seeking approval for an artist entry/MYO.
    x
  • Fill out the appropriate form on the Customs/MYO thread to claim an artist entry.
    You need permission from the artist of the entry to be able to claim it. Please make sure that you have a valid MYO token in archive before doing this!
    x

Kibby Competitions
  • You can only autobuy a Kibby twice a week.
    For easier tracking, this cooldown ends at CS Rollover every Sunday.
    x
  • You have 24 hours to come forth with payment for a Kibby before it is re-auctioned or given to the last highest bidder.
    This timeframe may be more lenient depending on the artist.
    x
  • For filling forms on flatsales/autobuys:
    • Editing forms is not allowed. If you made a mistake you will have to repost the correct and complete version of the form
    • Everything in the form must be filled out. No posting a blank/incomplete form to "reserve" and then go back and edit the form.
  • Do not harass artists to judge a competition. This includes spamming "bump" or "good luck" after the competition was announced to be closed, messaging artists when it has not yet been 30 days past the closing date.
    However if it has been 30 days since the closing date of the competition you may message the artist, the species owner, a Kibbies mod, or report the competition to CS staff.

Artists/Guest Artists;
  • Guest artists are given up to 30 days to complete five Kibby adopts, which they can choose to sell/raffle/make a competition
    x
  • Guest artists may not make more than two Offer-to-Adopts (OTA's) or auctions. It is not mandatory to include an "autobuy".
    x
  • Guest artists must make at least one typical Kibby, and are allowed the use of two corrupt traits on one adopt. The remaining must be mutant and below
    x
  • Guest artists are allowed to make two custom-lined kibbies, but must acquire permission and show the species owner before posting for sake of possible adjustments/corrections.
    x
  • Guest artists that are promoted to Staff Artists must make at least two adopts per month in order to acquire payment.
    x
  • Payment consists of MYOs and other Kibbies items.
    x
  • Full artists must confer with the species owner if they wish to include Mutant traits in an adopt.
    x
  • Full artists must confer with the species owner if they wish to open their adopts to real currency offers for the first time.

Staff Payment;

2 adopts - Basic MYO ticket
    3-4 adopts - Mutant MYO ticket
    5+ adopts - Corrupt MYO ticket (+2 Basic OR +1 Mutant)

mods will receive a Basic MYO every 7 days of activity.
Last edited by kageyenova on Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kibbies | wip

reserved
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

you can now mark ^^
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scourgebane » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:58 pm

marky
Imagexx
x
Scourgebane / [He/Him] / Tired

Howdy, y'all! My name's Theo! But you can also can call me Scourge.
Mostly interested in Closed Species and art.

English isn't my native language so I may make mistakes.
I apologize in advance if something I say sounds weird or rude, it isn't my intention.

Please, don't contact me for anything else.

| ʚɞ
Scourgebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:58 pm

hnmk mark
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Redbirdtrooper12 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:59 pm

Mark!
───────────────────"Only you can change yourself."─────────────────────
╔═════════════════════╗
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Red • They/She
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I'm just an artist who's also
a huge nerd (it's probably a bit obvious lol-)
I like to write stories sometimes as well!
If you want someone to talk to,
you can message me! So... Yeah!

My art shop!My TH!Wolfons!Pals!

─────────────────── ╚═════════════════════╝ ───────────────────
Redbirdtrooper12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me