Drawing sessions 2

WR pumpkin - Everett

Postby ylesia » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:31 am

Jackleon Event 2023

Who Carved This Pumpkin: Everett
Wind Reaper Owner: ylesia
Caretaking Tasks Completed: 1
Carving: a (tasty) leaf
Last edited by ylesia on Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Where no man has gone before…

MY TRADE THREAD | ADOPTABLES | STORIES
WIND REAPERS

ylesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WR pumpkin - Everett

Postby Tatangi » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:43 am

Something has happened...

Everett's Pumpkin has start to glow on its own, without the use of a candle. When the sounds around him calm, and if he leans in closely to listen, Everett could hear the gentle breeze of autumn and the rustling of leaves on the wind coming from within the pumpkin! If Everett should decide to, he could investigate this strange phenomenon and see what happens... Reply with a short response from Everett if you wish to participate.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ylesia » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:09 am

Everett could clearly hear that there was something in the pumpkin he had just carved. He lowered his head until his right eye reached the height of the wide hole he had carved and looked inside. Maybe it was just an effect of hunger; he hadn't had a decent meal in days…

WIND REAPERS

ylesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatangi » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:40 am

ylesia wrote:Everett could clearly hear that there was something in the pumpkin he had just carved. He lowered his head until his right eye reached the height of the wide hole he had carved and looked inside. Maybe it was just an effect of hunger; he hadn't had a decent meal in days…

Something has happened...

The pumpkin started to emit the sweet smell of candied pinecones, and as the glow got brighter and the sound louder, the smell got stronger. For a moment the area around the pumpkin started to sparkle and just as quickly as the magic had shown itself, it disappeared. Inside the pumpkin was now a dish of candied pinecones, and a small note that read the following:

Dear Everett,
        Thank you for carving a pumpkin this year. Your efforts will help rid this land of Jackleon's evil.
        Here is a gift that I hope rids you of your hunger.
                              - Warlock Wreven

P.S, these candies will grant you a small magic of finding the best pinecones of the season, so that you will not go hungry this winter. It will not last, and it will disappear in the spring.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ylesia » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:28 am

Why did Everett carve a (tasty) leaf?

Ever since he left his native home, Everett has always been on the lookout for new things, especially new foods. In addition to being a foodie, Everett believes that you can tell a lot about one's personality from the food one eats, and despite his shy nature, Everett loves to understand and learn about new Wind Reapers. Food is one of the few things that unites everyone, and around food it is possible to build discussions, obviously peaceful ones, about one's preferences. And the best thing is that those with an open mind can discover new foods and flavors and, why not? They might even like them. Another very interesting aspect of food in general is that in addition to being related to personal life, it is also closely linked to traditions. Every place has its foods and every food is able to tell a story, whether cooked or raw.

That said, the importance of food to Everett undoubtedly seems reason enough to carve a leaf from his pumpkin as an auspicious sign for beautiful future encounters. But this is not the real reason why there is a leaf on the pumpkin he will take home: in fact, before he left for the pumpkin patch, Everett had decided that he would carve a flower.
The reason why carving a flower comes from his origins and traditions. In his homeland of Cloudy Peak, once a year Wind Reapers climb to the top. of the mountain where there is a huge glacier and leave the wind their wish, in the form of a flower or personal item. This tradition day is called "The Day of Wishes" and is usually celebrated on the coldest days of winter. Now that he is far away from his mountain, even if it is a completely different event, he thought that instead of letting a flower fly away in the wind he could have carved it, entrusting his wish to the pumpkin. That was what he had in mind before he left ... but the journey was long and once he arrived Everett was hungry. He began by carving a flower, as planned, but before he knew it the flower had become a large leaf. And not just any leaf, but a strange kind he had never tasted before arriving at the Rose Garden. It was a juicy and delicate kind of leaf, slightly crunchy at the ends.

In fact, he thought later, there would be no point in carving a flower. Although Everett is very proud of his origin and traditions, leaving his home behind he decided to look for something new every day, and that leaf, never tried before and yet so tasty, represents just that: novelty. Yes, these are reflections in retrospect, but whether it was just out of hunger or for a deeper reason, either way that leaf is worthy of being on that pumpkin and would be worthy of being on even more pumpkins on a pumpkin forest... and in Everett's stomach that all caught up in carving hasn't eaten yet!

508 words

WIND REAPERS

ylesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me