Artist Kitsyn [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Senegal Zebra Adopt #923

Postby Kitsyn » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:42 am

πš‚πšŽπš—πšŽπšπšŠπš• πš‰πšŽπš‹πš›πšŠ π™°πšπš˜πš™πšπšœ

"This Zebra is breedable on August 30"

Contest: Tell me about the training she had with humans, or did it not go well and is wild? Be creative. Max 700 words.

Ends on August 24

Username: Midnightkitkat
      Harem Page: Eldenbrook Sanctuary
      Zebra Name: Drazina
      Phenotype: Silver Dapple Smoky Black w/ Medium Reverse Stripping & Apricot w/ Medium Stripping Chimera
      Genotype: Ee/aa/nCr/ZZ + ee/Aa/prlprl
      Height: 14.3 hh
      Sex: Mare

Lineage
      ------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
      ----------------- SS: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
      Sire: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
      ----------------- SD: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
      ----------------- DS: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
      Dam: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
      ----------------- DD: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Last edited by Kitsyn on Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Senegal Zebra Adopt #923

Postby odi » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:32 am

Username: odi
Harem Page: here
Zebra Name: Hilde
Prompt: Born into captivity, Hilde has never known a life of freedom, but that doesn't mean she wasn't a wild child. She earned her strength-bearing name as a result of the fierce battles she gave her trainers in her youth. She bucked and kicked and bit and reared, and her once-determined trainers thought she was a lost cause. With patience and focus, they were able to calm her enough to spend time around humans, but she was never able to be fully trained. She may not be able to pull carriages, but she's great at taking care of weeds and invasive plants taking over farms and gardens. (106)
Last edited by odi on Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
4 hours behind game time
old avatar
new avatar
for crediting purposes

check out my oekaki! :)
there's a very good chance i have some
adoptables available at the moment,
and they're usually pretty cheap..
check below for what i'd like!

payment priority list:
1. unused webkinz code(s)
2. missed event outcome(s) (ONLY DURING ACTIVE EVENT)
3. event tokens (ONLY DURING ACTIVE EVENT)
4. WL pet(s)
5. c$

always looking for trades!

odi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Senegal Zebra Adopt #923

Postby Midnightkitkat » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:10 am

Username: Midnightkitkat
Harem Page: Eldenbrook Sanctuary
Zebra Name: Drazina
Prompt:
    Drazina watched silently as the autumn leaves drifted down in their slow and fluttering dace. A calm morning to remind her of how far she's come from the naive foal that once watched those fall leaves with bright eyed wonder. She had been born on a small farm much further south then her current home. Blurry memories of soft voices and warm nights. Too hidden under all the memories that came afterwards. Shaking her head the zebra tried her best not to dwell on those thoughts, though they clung like burrs to the once welcomed silence.

She had been sold as an attraction the moment she could be separated from her mother. With no knowledge of the wild she didn't know there was any other option out there. Trees and tall grasses became bright lights, sounds, and colors. A near constant state of stress Drazina did not fare well in this setting. Ears pinned back whenever strangers oggled her patched markings. Often strangely dressed humans leaving painted patterns over her back, the residue itchy once dry. The older she got the less crowd she seemed to draw in. The wonder of a baby animal wearing off and leaving an expense that didn't earn its keep. Her care getting passed once again between owners.

Eventually she was kept in a paddock with a few other zebra though she didn't get along well with them. Quickly having to be separated for her own safety. She didn't know how to communicate with her own kind, not having the social cues or understandings. Stressing both her and the others out. Overtime Drazina became disinterested in most things offered to her. Lonely and confused about her situation. So used to having to sleep with a constant uproar the silence was thick. Leaving her shaking and wild as few workers tried to sooth her. Eventually even they too seemed to give up. Drazina finding herself led to a truck as they loaded her up once more. Watching through slits in the trailer as the scenery changed. Feeling the tempature and weather turn into something unfamiliar and new.

When she first arrived at Eldenbrook Drazina didn't show much sign of improvement. Though the owners of the sanctuary didn't seem too worried, stating that she had only just arrived. Shooing off any stragglers that reminded to see her off. Leaving her alone again once more as no other zebra approached. Everything feeling like the same outcome with a different settings as night fell. Until Drazina let out a confused snort as a breeze from the forest seemed to rustle softly across her coat. A silent call beckoning the zebra in with the promise of peace and safety. It's magic weaving over and up her steady legs as she hesitantly entered the bracken and shadows. Whispered voices of a language dead to those outside it's territory tickled her ears as they flicked. Swatting away something not actually there as she felt her form shift.

Leading Drazina here, amongst the trees and hidden away where no human could find her. A home with others that much like her had to learn it's unknown language. The forest was their barrier, and even the humans who own the land would never know it's true secrets. A kingdom with crowns of seasons and nature. Where myths and legends are born and where they will die peaceful ends after long lives. The humans that kept up the small ranch connected to the sanctuary staying coy and secretive as they keep alert for any Senegal that may hear it's call.

Drazina had been many things. From a foal that looked towards the setting sun with joy for the morning to come, an attraction that gave others joy and beauty as the days sapped away her own, an outcast without the skills needed for survival in the world she was born for, and the shell that was shed to become who she was today. Drazina had been many things but now as she watched her fellow herd settle down for the night she could breath peacefully in knowing that humans may have controlled her life in the beginning, but her soul was never their's to claim.
    [700]
β–ˆ|
β–ˆ|
β–ˆ|
β–ˆ|
β–ˆ|
β–ˆ|
β–ˆ|
β–ˆ|
β–ˆ|
β–ˆ|
β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜†