Based on Click to view
Artist Bruja [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sweetheart Foal Event

Postby Bruja » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:13 am

The Range Trotter Breeders Association has gone wild, matching up a collection of their finest horses. The results? A mystery! Much like the practice of buying a foal in utero (i.e. before it's born), these adopts will also be unknown until they are "born". You will be able to see the parents, and apply for adoption based on their potential genetic combinations. Look out though! DNA is a tricky substance, and the way we've been messing with it some unexpected results may occur.

♥ This year we will be offering Sweetheart Foals for the month of February, to give everyone a chance at these cuties!
♥ All foals will be singletons, no twins will result from these pairs. (A few exception may be made this year)
♥ Although we are borrowing existing Trotter genotypes for this event, these foals will not count against their "parents" foal slots, and will be listed as Foundation bred.
♥ Adopts will run as normal, with artists offering prompts and contests for application.
♥ Foal will be under covers as they are created, with the final adult forms being revealed on their grow date.
♥ While all genes are on the table for this event, it is still up to the artists if they wish to pass on edits or other extras; individual requests will not be taken.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Code: Select all
[size=85][center][quote]Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.[/quote][/center]

[url=]Parent 1[/url] x [url=]Parent 2[/url]

info + comp
[b]End Date:[/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Phenotype:[/b]
[b]Genotype:[/b]

[/size][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color (Metal):[/b] (gold/rose gold/silver)
[b]Halter Color (Gemstone):[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
Last edited by Bruja on Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bruja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetheart Foal Event

Postby Bruja » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:57 pm

Blusher Common
Bl_
A minute gene that adds a faint pink tint to the face of the horse, typically centered on the cheek to give the appearance of blushing.

Rose Petal Common
Cr_/Rp_
A manipulation of the Cream gene. Tints the points of an affected horse a pink (nRp) or red hue (RpRp), and dilutes the body as Cream would. Double dilutes will likewise be extremely pale, but keep the tinted points in a much softened value (10-15%).

Koibito Common New for 2024!
Bubu/BuBu + Koibito
Transforms Bunder into Bunder Hearts when both are present! Bunder will otherwise behave as normal.

Amore Uncommon
Lplp/LpLp + Amore
A manipulation of the Leopard complex. When present, typical Appaloosa marking will take on a distinct heart-shaped appearance. This will effect all variations of the complex to some degree.

Cherub Overo Uncommon
Oo/Co_
A subtype of Overo in which the white marking forms a shape reminiscent of a wing on the horse's barrel. This can be stylized or simple, but is restricted to the main body of the horse.

Cupid Tobiano Uncommon
To_/Cu_
A subtype of Tobiano that effects the markings of the shoulder, creating a "Cupid's Bow" from the withers to the elbow. This may or may not also show an "arrow" shaped streak running laterally along the horse's body.

Cherub and Cupid are codominant, and will combine as CoCu/CuCo to form an "Eros Tovero", where both the wing and the bow marking are present.

Bubbly Splash Uncommon
Spl_/Bub_
Bubbly Splash is a variant of the Splash marking, following the traditional "dipped" look seen in Splash White horses. Hollow white "bubbles" extend past the top edge of the marking, and round spots of white are deleted from the white on the lower portions of the marking, creating a look of champagne bubbles running through the white marks.

Gold Rare
Au_
Gold, like Silver, is a dilution that only affects horses with Extension (EE/Ee) in their genomes. The mane and tail become washed out in a pale golden hue, and the coat will be diluted to a deep burnt-golden or chocolate tint. Recessive to Silver.

Fate Thread Rare
Dz_/Ft_
A thin, red line that begins on one leg and may twist or wrap around the rest of the horse's body in patterns of various intricacy. A variation of Drizzle.

Sweetheart Grease/Birdcatcher Rare
Grease/Birdcatcher Spots + Sweetheart
Changes the expression of grease marks and birdcatcher spots to hearts. Passes separately from the originating genes.

Bouquet Limited new for 2024!
Bq_
Similar to a somatic marking, creates patterns reminiscent of roses concentrated on the hindquarters of the horse. These markings will be a few shades lighter or darker than the base coat, and will not extend past the shoulder or hind stifle. Small patterns may occur on the face, but is less common.
Bruja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me