My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LittleHeart 15

Postby rem sleep » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:20 pm

Orland slunk up the uneven rock side, slow but steady. His feet felt cold under his small body, and as his wary eyes cast upwards, up the steep mountainous slope, he was ever more aware of just how small he was. He knew, though, that this was a necessary hurdle to overcome, and not even the least daunting one. Orland knew that, at the top of this sharp mount, was a spire-- and its top, the sorcerer tinyheart he was looking for. Archibald. Orland hauled himself up the rocks as best he could, each heave punctuated by the dire thought that maybe, just maybe, Archibald could help him.

You see, Orland had always had a dire fear not only of heights, but of his own magic-- a wild sort that flared instead of behaving, its wild flashes driving others away due to its sheer unpredictability. Orland had every hope that the great sorcerer Archibald could help him, though. All others had turned him away, but... Archibald was known for being dubious at best, and determined as he was to know everything about magic... Orland wondered if Archibald wouldn't be interested in his uncommonly volatile magic.

Orland swallowed hard. He was almost there. Almost to the top.

One more step, and the littleheart was throwing himself up to the spire, crawling up to the door. He swallowed hard again. The spire before him towered, its obsidian front and sharp details gleaming down at him like so many malicious fangs. He was quaking, and he only noticed it when he heard his claws clattering on the obsidian floor. Even the door before him loomed like a shadow, stretching out from his feet up the wall across from him.

And on its other side was someone much scarier than any mountain or shadow.

Orland took a deep breath and attempted to steel himself. He only needed to knock... then, from there, his fate would be sealed. He would live his life at Sorcerer Archibald's side... and in Archibald's studies, he might eventually find his answers, and cure his fear of himself.

It was just a knock away.

With one shivering paw, Orland reached out.

[ 361 words ]
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist