Build-A-Charming by cribunni

Based on Click to view
Artist cribunni [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Build-A-Charming

Postby cribunni » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:18 am

As you walk around the festive, snow-covered village, your eyes dance between brightly-lit
buildings and glowing pine trees. Every part of the landscape is decorated in reds,
greens, and blues, casting a multicolored hue onto the twinkling snow.
As you scan your surroundings, a big dark building catches your attention...

It sticks out like a... well, like a big abandoned building among the lively houses and storefronts beside it.
The faded red brick looks a bit weathered and cracked, you notice, and there only appears to be one dim light
far inside, casting the rest of the interior in shadow. You lean into the door, peering through the dusty window panes.
Just as you begin to make out a figure inside, the door wooshes open, sending you tumbling onto the cold floor.

An exasperated sigh comes from somewhere in front of you as you struggle to get your bearings in the dark space.

Matty wrote:"I thought it was obvious from the dark lights, but I'm clearly closed.
Plus, it's 4 days till Christmas! You all know very well how busy I am right now-"

Footsteps echoed on the flagstone as the (ranting) figure's voice grew closer to you, warm lamp light pooling around
worn winter boots. You (still sprawled on the floor) looked up at the figure, taking in their messy hair and piercings
in the orange light.

Matty wrote:Oh! A visitor? How strange…

The figure offers you both hands, covered in bandages and wraps, and helps haul you to your feet. It took you a
moment to realize that he should've dropped the lantern, but there it floated beside him, bobbing lightly midair.
Before you could ask any questions, the charming had whirled around and was walking towards the center of the room,
the lamp twirling in the air after them. He reached the opposite wall, mumbling to himself absentmindedly as he swept
all of the switches on. You squint against the sudden onslaught of light, blinking a few times before gaping at your
surroundings.

The building's interior was larger than you had expected, reaching up to a high ceiling. Airplanes, origami
birds, and cotton clouds hung from strings, though some of the birds flapped their wings and the planes propelled
themselves in lazy circles. A model train blew a tiny whistle as it stopped at a plastic train stop, tiny little figures
filing into it. Around the magical toys and sights laid dozens- no, hundreds of little stuffed toys, all shaped like... charmings?

Matty wrote:"I’m Matty by the way. Welcome to the toy factory! It’s… a mess right now. Christmas is a very busy time
for me, as you could probably guess. Especially in the charming department! I’ve got tons of orders for charming friends
going to new homes."

You stared dumbfounded at the piles of stuffed charmings around you.

Matty wrote:"Ah, yeah, it’s a bit to take in, huh? I make the little guys here, and with a bit of sparkle, they come to life.
It’s a special trick of mine. While you’re here.. I’ve got a favor to ask."

You tilted your head curiously at him, bending down to pick a plain charming stuffy off the floor. It’s plush and fuzzy, the
simple eyes shining back at you.

Matty wrote:"I’ve got most of the Christmas orders done, but I tell you what, I made way too many blank charmings this
year! It would be a big help if you took one off my hands.. and you can use my tools to make it however you like! And maybe
tell some friends, too. (Seriously.. I have too many.)"

Last edited by cribunni on Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Build-A-Charming

Postby cribunni » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:13 am

Matty wrote:"Making a charming pal is a bit of a process, but I always like to start with a bit of color!
Let's paint your buddy up with some cool designs! Later on, I may have some special things you can add to
them to make them more unique.. so make sure you check back here in a few days!

Code: Select all
[list][size=120][color=#408040]I want a charming![/color][size]
[b]username:[/b]
[b]ID:[/b]
[/list]

-
Please fill this form out to be added! You are only claiming a standard charming myo!
No edits to begin with. You will get the chance to win edit coupons from participating in other
booths, and special event traits from this booth! Those edits can be applied to your myo at any time during
this event, and for a set period afterwards!

Matty will have a prompt, challenge, or task for you every 2-3 days in which you will win event traits or event
currency! Make sure to fill that first form out claiming your myo before filling any others out! Your myo can be
claimed at any time during the event, even if you missed a few days. You do not have to start your myo to
participate in this booth!
It can be started at any time, it just has to be finished within the deadline!

Happy building charmers!
Last edited by cribunni on Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Build-A-Charming

Postby cribunni » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:58 pm

do not post!
cribunni