Kara - LOLO Dressup 2022

"Kara - LOLO Dressup 2022" by Lacuna

Dressup entry

Kara - LOLO Dressup 2022

Postby Lacuna » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:12 pm

Kara's family always got super excited for holidays, especially Halloween. With seven kids there was always someone decorating, baking, party planning, and even singing and dancing in their house when big days rolled around. On Halloween though, everything was about the costumes. Their siblings always wanted to plan some kind of coordinating costume, from being a box of crayons to a gaggle of muppets, they had done just about everything where their individual colors could shine. You see, each one had been born a different color of the rainbow, except for Kara, the middle child, who was all black and gray. They did their best to include Kara, but they never felt the costume really represented them. However, this year would be different.

On October 1st Kara gathered their siblings around and announced their idea. "This year," they said, "we're going to be skeletons for Halloween!"

At first, no one was excited. They insisted that skeletons were black and white--how did that work with their usual plan? But Kara was ready for their disappointment. They showed their siblings how they could make inverse skeleton costumes, where the bones were open spaces that showed their colors underneath. It didn't take long for them to get on board with the idea, but Kara hadn't revealed the most exciting part of the costume. Finally, someone asked what they were going to do, and their grand plan was revealed.

"I am going to be a rainbow skeleton," Kara explained. "I'm part of this rainbow family, but my colors are hidden. ~In my bones~!" They said it in a silly, spooky voice, and everyone laughed, but Kara was very serious. Their costume was the most important of all, and after years of being teased for being the "middle child" and all the stereotypes that went along with it, they were going to shine.

Kara couldn't help but add rainbow accessories to their costume, which, unlike the rest, was painted onto their fur. When the night finally arrived they were also sprinkled with rainbow glitter, to make them truly dazzling. They even bought a big rainbow balloon that floated above their back on strings. They wore a rainbow scarf, a rainbow bow, and rainbow contacts, and carried rainbow confetti and ribbons to throw into the air. The rainbow skeleton costume was complete!

All seven siblings piled out onto the street, carrying their treat bags and laughing and joking as they poked each other's "bones" through their costumes. Kara marched right up front, leading the way as they visited house after house and filled their bags with goodies. Their family was well known around the neighborhood, and many were delighted to see what they had come up with for another year, though they did get a few tricks, too. It was all in the fun of the game.

Finally, they made their way to your house, walking up to the door with Kara in front. Shedding glitter and throwing confetti, Kara knocked on your door. "Trick-or-Treat!" they called, waiting excitedly to see what the response would be.

Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me