Range Trotter #2180 by LivingLethal

Based on Click to view
Artist LivingLethal [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #2180

Postby LivingLethal » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:11 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Trotter representation for the asexual community! To enter, please share what their favorite bird species is (include a photo). Also, share a short snippet of a time they encountered this species of bird.
End Date: 17 June

Username: Catdoof
Show Name: CDs Prize Along the Shore
Barn Name: Wilson (Willy)

Height: 12.3hh
Eye Color: Asexual pride
Phenotype: Classic grullo clouded leopard hooded tobiano
Genotype: Ee aa Chch DD clcl Htohto

Last edited by LivingLethal on Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #2180

Postby ►Athena◄ » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:02 pm

Username: ►Athena◄ 
Show Name: ORT Barley and Wheat
Barn Name: Oats
Halter Color: Purple
Prompt: Oats really likes the Bearded Reedling. source
Oats was out for a ride through the countryside with his owner when they stopped for a rest by a marsh. As Oats watched the tall reeds wave in the breeze while he rested, he felt a small tug on his tail. Turning to look, he was astonished to find a small, round bird grasped onto his tail. But just as Oats leaned in for a closer look, his passenger took off back into the marsh. Ever since then he's been fascinated by these little orbs of a bird.
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackhoeses » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:27 pm

Username: blackhoeses
Show Name: Bright As A Feather
Barn Name: Jay
Halter Color: blue #143c64
Prompt: Jay loves the blue jay, he loves seeing the flash of blue in the trees. And there loud songs, a family of jays decide to nest outside of he stall door in the eave of the barn. He love watching and listing to them, often nickering to them in the hopes they would come closer. Finally one day the freshly fledged chicks decide to help Jay eat his grain and once they figured out he would not chase them away. They started coming every day and Jay now has a line of blue jays perched on his back and main during diner time.

Image credit

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge FarmRange Trotters
Nutty Horse RanchWhite Champion's Valdiac Barns
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

blackhoeses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:55 pm

Username: Furrydogs12
Show Name: Coffee Drizzle and Dip
Barn Name: Mocha
Halter Color: eye color
Prompt: Mocha ran into a pigeon once when she thought birdseed was horse feed. It pecked her away.
https://unsplash.com/photos/bYzQxJi8Y7g
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! My name is Furrydogs12, nice to meet you!
I am a roleplayer, student, and artist.
@linklinklink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωιтн тнє мσση
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:45 pm

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT Step On Water
Barn Name: Lily
Halter Color: Purple
Prompt: Lily was down at the pond to drink one day when she saw something she didn't believe at first sight: a bird that appeared to be walking on water! As it got closer, Lily saw that the bird's large feet were allowing it to step on the lily pads that spread out across the pond and use these to make its way over the water's surface. Lily has always loves the purple gallinule since that chance encounter! Source
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orse » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:19 pm

Username: orse
Show Name: Echo Chamber
Barn Name: Echo
Halter Color: Eye colour
Prompt: Echo's favourite bird is the Superb Lyrebird, native to eastern parts of Australia. He loves them because they are one of the world's largest songbirds and are known for their elaborate tails and courtship displays. He certainly thinks they are rather superb. The first time Echo encountered a lyrebird, he heard it before she saw it. As he made his way alongside rocky overheads and caves, he heard the lyrebird's call echoing throughout the cave. To his complete surprise, out popped in front of him a Superb Lyrebird, its gorgeous tail feathers raised. Echo frozen in fear at the sight of it before it quickly scurried off. Ever since, Echo has been wandering through the bush and along the caves trying to catch (or hear) a glimpse of this bird again!
credit 1 and credit 2
orse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catdoof » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:15 am

Username: Catdoof
Show Name: CDs Prize Along the Shore
Barn Name: Wilson (Willy)
Halter Color: Artist Choice
Prompt: Wilson's favorite bird is, of course, the charming and funky-looking Willet. The long beak, neat feeding pattern, and long leg/small round body combo on this bird caused Wilson to absolutely fall in love.
Wilson's first time spotting this glorious bird was on a spring trek down the beach. They would appear one after the other, some perched on rock beds and others running back and forth as the waves came and went in hopes of snatching food. This charming little back and forth run looked so funny that it stuck with Wilson. Every now and then, Wilson will race the waves just like the Willets do. Other Willets took to the calmer water, where they could stick their bill in and feed that way. Try as he might, Wislon could never approach one the first time he saw them, the solitary little bird simply ran away. After a few time watching the birds, Wilson came up with an idea to lay down by the rocks, still as stone. Sure enough, one brave little Willet decided Wilson was the perfect place to rest.
Last edited by Catdoof on Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Juniper - Guys, I am finally a Wildlife Biologist - Art Shop - Dressup Showcase
Certified cowboah - Batman my beloved - I am so tired lmao - Character purge - Gingerbread dog auction

Catdoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:24 am

Username: ImogenEquine
Show Name: The Cat's Meow
Barn Name: Felis
Halter Color: cat inspired? (if not, blue with clouds please)
Prompt: Felis's favourite bird is the dodo bird (image source). She knew that the dodo bird has been deemed extict for many, many years, but she still thought the species was super fascinating. She insisted on travelling to the island of Mauritius, where they once lived, just to imagine what it would've been like when they were still around.
While taking a walk through the beautiful costal plains, she heard a rustle in a nearby bush. This sound caused her to stop in her tracks, her ears swiveling toward the direction of the sound. As she stared into the bush, she saw a large, round feathered form, though she could not make out exactly what it was. Do they have wild turkeys here? Suddenly, the creature took notice of Felis, and squawked a very loud squawk. Felis, who'd been frozen in place, instinctively spooked at this loud sound, turning and bolting in the opposite direction.
While she can never say for sure, as the creature was gone when she returned (after coming to her senses and calming down, since she'd been totally startled), Felis believes that she saw a dodo bird. Since then, she has silently theorized that perhaps a small amount of them really do exist, but perhaps people do not talk about them, so that the island does not become crowded with tourists and as to not endanger the birds.
╔══════════════════════╗

you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

⠀ ⠀⠀ artist ♘ d&d player ♘ sapphic ♘ adopts ⠀⠀⠀ Image

╚══════════════════════╝
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paradise, » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:24 pm

Username: paradise,
      Show Name: Hues of Blue
      Barn Name: Pavona (peacock in Italian)
      Halter Color: Asexual flag inspired!
      Prompt: Pavona's favorite bird is the peacock! ( used from free image site, unsplash )

The first time Pavona ever laid her eyes on a peacock, she was utterly stunned. She had never seen such an animal with that many colors and feathers! She was absolutely in awe and loved how bright and bushy they were! Ever since she saw a flock of them pass by her paddock, she always waits till the wee hours of the night to see if she can catch a glimpse of the elusive birds again.
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    nicole - she/her - baby artist
    hiya! i love all things horses &
    nature ;w; i am currently an
    artist for: range trotters, ferox
    ponies, + beaumont collies ♥
    . tentatively open
    for commissions/art swaps- just shoot me a
    message here or on discord! @paradise,#0479
    apricot acres - toyhou.se - ©
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:02 am

Username: Zentropy
Show Name: ZG Set In Motion
Barn Name: Avalanche
Halter Color: Magpie green/blue gradient
Prompt: Ava loves the Eurasian magpie. One morning, Avalanche was persistently bombarded by this small black and white bird. It would land on her neck and tug at her hair, for she had several beads and ribbons braided into her mane and tail which was attracting it. The bird's talons and beak would hurt, and Avalanche would shake her head to try and dissuade the magpie. With all the movement, a ribbon did end up loosening, and the bird quickly snatched it and flew off to a nearby tree. While slightly annoyed, Avalanche admired the tenacity of the bird, and soon enough juvenile magpies could be spotted playing in the field and were not afraid to get close to her whenever she was out in the paddock.
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups