The Oracle Cat

"The Oracle Cat" by arcadiaa

Dressup entry

The Oracle Cat

Postby arcadiaa » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:23 am

This pet is based off of a surreal experience that I had in September 2020. It's a long story, so buckle up...
I had just finished my first week of what was potentially one of the most important school years of my life: the year of my GCSEs, which are big exams we do in the UK that dictate our academic future and what career choices we can have. I was extremely stressed, so I decided to go for a walk at around 7.30pm to try and chill a little.
I got to a park that was a little outside of our suburbs: one of my favourite parks, because it is so quiet and in the middle of nowhere with only the ridge that leads onto farmland behind it, especially at night where there are seldom any children there.
As per usual, I was the only person there. I walked around the grass for a bit, and that is when I saw a large, extremely fluffy cat the colour of pure ivory. It immediately saw me and came over to me, nuzzling my leg. I immediately thought this was odd, because I own my own cat, and therefore other cats avoid me like the plague due to them smelling his scent on me. Despite this, this cat was very friendly.
After petting it for a little while, I walked away, expecting it to amble off in the nonchalant way that cats do when they get bored of human company. However, it continued to silently follow me, and rolled over on its back to show me its belly. I thought this was adorable, so I sat down next to it and petted it (but not on its belly as I know from personal experience that cats hate that!).
That was when it walked up to me and sat on my lap. I could feel its purrs vibrating through my body, and the rhythmic vibrations soothed me.
I noticed that the cat was not wearing a collar, which did not necessarily mean that it did not have an owner but there was a possibility that it could be a wild cat. It's fur was also super clean with no knots or leaves trailing through which is atypical of cats with long fur that go outside. It was truly a beautiful cat. In the darkness, I could not tell what colour it's eyes were, but I'm assuming they were either blue or amber which is fitting as this pet has both.
Then, all of a sudden, it got up and left. I don't even remember it leaving- it was like it was there one minute and gone the next. That is why I'm not entirely sure if the cat even existed- I never saw it again and I walked past the area many times to try and see it again but alas, nothing. It also had been laying on my lap for several minutes and I had been petting it all the while but there was no fur present on my trousers.
I truly believe that this cat was some sort of omen for good luck, an oracle sent to me directly from the heavens, because ever since that fateful September day, I had amazing luck for the entirety of late 2020 and 2021: I passed my GCSEs with the highest grades in my school and managed to get into 6th form, did not have any panic attacks the whole year even though I was under stress from studying, bought my heart horse from the local riding school, got over my fear of rollercoasters, and my emetophobia even improved. I also got very lucky and got nearly all of my major dreamies in a gift when someone was quitting CS!
This is a very long and crazy story, and I don't know why I'm even sharing it on Chicken Smoothie, but I hope that it has reminded you to never give up, even in your darkest hours. Who knows, maybe one day your very own oracle cat will come to you!
arcadiaa
she/her
chronically cringe
arcadiaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me