Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

if you recognize this app... by cuddlewuffle

Artist cuddlewuffle [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

if you recognize this app...

Postby cuddlewuffle » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:32 am

... you may be entitled to financial compensation.

y'all remember Draw Something 2 ? the hit sequel to Draw Something, released in April 2013, developed by Zynga, who eventually renamed it to Art with Friends & shut it down on April 1st, 2015?

if you were there until the end, you probably remember how bad the lag and crashing was whsjdgh

edit: the way that this app fell off the face of the internet immediately after it got shut down... finding info about it was annoying

i think there were a lot of small communities on there but i personally was most active in the mlp one. this app was such a fever dream; the drama was insane oml

anyone remember the i hate birdie stuff.. or the weird amount of adults that were angry that they couldn't draw nudity on a 13+ app... or just the weird adults in the mlp community in general... the tutorials/animations that were meticulously created via speedpaints... That One MLP account whose controversy i can't even describe on here and who was DEFINITELY too young to be on the app... there was someone with a pony named Diamond Heart or something? oh my god that one person who had the long legged pony OC named Chocolate Rain?? i tried drawing her in the bottom right there but i think the OC looked different

it was insane on there but i do kinda miss it,, it was 2012 instagram but if all the posts were art that you could press on to see the speedpaints which is still a fun concept 2 me

my username on there was also cuddlewuffle & i was on there throughout most of 2014!! i drew a lot of pony stuff, id do redraws of official art & had a buncha OCs. my main one was a gray pegasus named Screensaver,, i ran a joint pony adoption account with some other users but i don't remember their usernames :< AND TO THE PERSON WHO I HAD THAT ONGOING COMIC SERIES WITH THAT HAD THE WOLVES NAMED JENGA AND MISHKA, IF UR STILL OUT THERE PLS HMU I THINK ABT U ALL THE TIME

anyway PLEASE let me know if you remember this/what ur username was/ the usernames of artists u remember! i've been able to find a handful of them again on instagram which im happy about c:

as an homage to the app i did in fact draw all of the doodles on one layer. we were truly in the trenches idk how i managed 8 years ago

i feel old
cuddlewuffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me