Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Chimaera (wip) by chart

Based on Click to view
Artist chart [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Chimaera (wip)

Postby chart » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:00 pm

this thread, along with its counterparts, is a work in progress, but feel free to mark if you want!

put the directory/banner thing here

Main Thread | Archive | Shop | Discussion Thread | Discord | MYOs | Traits & Edits

What are Chimaera? A (somewhat) brief overview:
        Chimaera are the result of many years of gene research, man-made on accident by a particularly lonely scientist. Upon the arrival of the very first Chimaera, it was realized that these critters make rather good companions for various kinds of people. They are incredibly emotionally intelligent creatures who are eager to learn.

  They range in size, typically the size of a large dog to a small tiger, though they can be even smaller or even much larger. This makes them ever-more useful, as smaller Chimaera are good for many kinds of service work, and the largest of Chimaera have been known to be saddled and ridden by humans. This doesn't mean all Chimaera are born to work, though. Many of them are simply prone to everyday companionship.

  Because of the nature of their being, Chimaera are sterile. They show no real distinction between "male" and "female," and therefore cannot be bread (this does not mean you can't assign your Chimaera pronouns!). However, if the owner(s) of two Chimaera like their particular traits, there is a process to create an offspring of sorts by splicing their genes together; though this process is unpredictable, and may not always result in the expectations of the owner(s). This process has also been known to result in the mutation of the pseudo-offspring.

  Chimaera predominantly display the features of a lion and a snake. All Chimaera have a tale like that of a snake, no matter their size, except in extreme instances of mutation or amputation. They also have forked tongues and most Chimaera have thick, soft manes.

  Note: if you own a Chimaera, you do not necessarily have to stick to the lore of the species. You can make any sort of AU you want with your characters; however, in the context of interacting with others within the species, the lore should be considered - especially regarding the nature (or lack thereof) of breeding capabilities as well as size.
Last edited by chart on Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
chart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chimaera Crew and Rules & Regulations

Main Thread | Archive | Shop | Discussion Thread | Discord | MYOs | Traits & Edits

Artists:
      tba

Moderators:
      tba

Basic Rules:

  > Chimaera are a closed species. This means that you cannot make your own Chimaera unless you have explicit permission from the owner, usually in the form of a MYO Ticket. All Chimaera that are created must follow the basic trait criteria laid out in this thread.
      > Participants in this species should use basic respect and kindness when addressing each other along with the crew. Any issue should be taken to the owner or moderators in the form of PMs. There is no warning system set in place. The crew will take action as they see fit for any situation that may arise, meaning that you may be warned or you may be banned from the species immediately. Just be nice and you'll be okay!
      > Avoid guilt-tripping and begging.
      > Chimaeras may not be gifted to users who are banned from the species.

Character Regulations:

  > AUs are allowed! When interacting within the species, though, please be mindful of the canon lore of the species (especially pertaining to breeding and size).
      > Chimaera can be any gender, sexuality, etc. Artists cannot place limitations on these when adopting out new Chimaera. These traits are completely up to the adoptee.
      > Chimaera are totally allowed to be used as sonas.
      > Owners are free to pair their Chimaera together if they want to.

Breeding Regulations:

  > Due to their artificial nature, Chimaera cannot be bred in a traditional way. Only one Chimaera "offspring" can be created at a time per owner (so if there are two Chimaera and two owners, each owner will get one offspring. If there are two Chimaera and one owner, then they will get one offspring, and so on). At least two "parent" Chimaera must be present to create an offspring, and sometimes, even three may be used.
      > Offspring are not a perfect mix of the parent Chimaera. Their genes are left especially up to chance.
      > The traits of each Chimaera will be rolled for randomly using the list of traits from each parent Chimaera. At least one trait will be passed down from category present (i.e. at least one Common trait, one Uncommon trait if present, one Rare trait if present, etc.). If a parent Chimaera has a Legendary trait, it will always be passed down to the offspring. If it has a mutation, there is a 50/50 chance of the mutation being passed down (unless the other parent has this mutation also, in which case the mutation will always be passed on to the offspring).
      > Artists will get a more in-depth guide on how this trait system works. The owners of the Chimaera will not be able to see the traits of the offspring until after they are created. They are the inherent owners of these offspring, but they may sell/trade the offspring. If two owners are breeding their Chimaera, they will choose among themselves which offspring will belong to which owner and confirm with the crew so that they be added accurately to the archive.

Crew Regulations:

  > Permanent artists must make at least one adopt every two weeks.
      > Moderators will be asked to help artists judge forms on basic adopts. At least two crew members must approve of the winning form. This is to avoid any on purpose/accidental favoritism. If there's a tie, the owner can help. Forms must be judged within two days of the closing date.
      > Artists may not accept any payment for basic adopts. Event adopts and MYOs will be exceptions.
      > Guest artists will make 3-5 designs in one month and then their position will expire. They may be asked to join as permanent artists if they are interested. Guest artists can reapply as many times as they wish when slots are open.
      > Crew members will have the option to create one MYO with whatever traits they want, as long as it is approved by the owner.
      > Artists may be asked to create MYOs once they are open. Otherwise, MYO artists may be specifically hired (TBD).
      > Crew members are allowed to participate in basic adopts if they want to, but other crew members may not favor them when judging forms.

work in progress. any regulations are subject to change at any time! if a major change is made, users will be notified.
Last edited by chart on Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:15 am, edited 7 times in total.
chart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chimaera Traits & Edits and Other Important Information

Traits & Edits:
      Please note that this list is subject to change with time!
      All designs must be approved before being published.

Universal:
    (all Chimaera must maintain these traits unless you are given explicit permission to change them)
      - forked tongue
      - snake tail
      - vertical-slit pupils

Non-rarity:
    (these traits do not impact the rarity of a Chimaera)
      - fangs/teeth
      - weight edits (does not include size)
      - clothing/accessories (i.e. jewelry, etc.)
      - piercings
      - expression changes
      - scars
      - missing limbs due to injury (excludes tail)

Common:
      - fur edits
      - more minor mane edits
      - larger claws
      - medium-large size distinction
      - whiskers

Uncommon:
      - extreme mane edits (some mane must be present)
      - horizontal, rectangular pupils (like that of a goat)
      - horns
      - heterochromia
      - teacup or gigantic size distinction

Rare:
      - leg edits (other animals, length, etc.)
      - feathers
      - nose edits
      - antennae
      - super-gigantic size

Legendary/Mutations:
      - maneless
      - missing tail
      - different tongue shape
      - the head/tail of an animal other than a lion or snake
      - additional heads/limbs/tails
      - wings
      - any trait that is otherwise considered "magical" in nature (i.e. ghost/goop body, etc.)
      - albinism
      - extremely huge in size

Size Distinction Scale:
      teacup > small > medium > large > huge > gigantic > super huge > extremely huge
Last edited by chart on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chimaera

Postby chart » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:02 pm

okay you can mark this if you feel so inclined!

 what is there between us,
    if not a little annihilation? *.✧

   ˗ˋ ˊ˗

chart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chimaera (wip)