Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Brush help? by screamingrainfrog

Artist screamingrainfrog [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Brush help?

Postby screamingrainfrog » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:49 am

Hello! First things first I want to apologize for this drawing. Its not my best work by any means. Second I need help with the brushes, as you can see where I've written help it's all bloby and weird and I can't figure out how to fix this. It makes it difficult to colour in and do decent lineart. I did try to ask for help on a thread but nobody got back to me so I'm hoping somebody here knows something about it? I'd really appreciate all the help I can get. Also I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post something like this here ^^
Free Palestine πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Έ
𝐌𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐝, 𝐒𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 π₯𝐨𝐭 <πŸ‘
─── ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜†: *.β™‘ .* :β˜†οΎŸ. ───
─── ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜†: *.β™‘ .* :β˜†οΎŸ. ───
screamingrainfrog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Brush help?

Postby SpeedyJay » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:58 am

Admittedly, with all the pen problems I've had, I've never seen it get blobby like that on Oekaki lol. ^^'' Assuming you've already made sure it doesn't get all splotchy over on other art programs, and that you're on a PC of some kind, you can:

- Try other browsers
I use Edge because my pen doesn't work well on Chrome, but I hear the exact opposite from other users. I would try whatever browsers you can.

- Try other Oekaki versions
The older versions are kinda lame in comparison, but I would try anyway. ^^'' You can always switch back to the newest version later to see if it works. Oddly, sometimes I found the pen just started working upon switching back.

- Have as many tabs closed as you can, and/or don't run Oekaki on fullscreen
Running a bunch of things can make Oekaki's pen lag like crazy, I've seen it do several weird things with the pen-

- Run any system updates available, including updating pen or screen/tablet drivers
(Let me know if you need help finding drivers & such!)
I believe you can also reverse some driver updates, but I'd only try that if Oekaki was working previously with older versions & no fixes have worked.

- Send in a help ticket
Aaand if none of that worked so far, you can also send a help ticket, & staff/helpers will reply to you by PM.

----------------

Best of luck getting Oekaki to cooperate!! Sometimes figuring out why it's acting up is so difficult lol. In spite of the pen troubles, this drawing is really nice & I'd love to see more of your drawings around! <3

✦✦✦

β˜… My Galaxy

β˜… Must rest

β˜… Art shop ❴Closed❡

✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
SpeedyJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups