Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Citrus Hills Mustangs (Open) by Butter Dragon

Based on Click to view
Artist Butter Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Citrus Hills Mustangs (Open)

Postby Butter Dragon » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:33 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxArchive - Nursery - Artist Search - Font Credit

Discovered in 2001, the mustangs of Citrus Hills have stampeded through the hearts of many and found their way into homes all across the world. While the area of discovery was formerly explored, one day this breed appeared in a large herd seemingly out of nowhere. With little knowledge of their origins, they were originally quarantined as a potentially invasive species but after much observation, Citrus Hills now has exclusive permits to breed and sell this rare breed for the profit of the Citrus Hills Wildlife Reserve which to this day houses the direct offspring of the original herd.

Despite their name, most Citrus Hills Mustangs in the present year have been bred in captivity, however, with the origins of the breed still wild they have retained the name. Some, however, have taken to calling them Citrus Hills Equines in lieu of this argument.

Citrus Hills Mustangs are of average size and build, they stand between 14 and 17 hh, and are without remarkable features in their build except in rare cases of mutations. They display nearly every coat color found among any other horse breed with patterns that extend even beyond that, leading to many speculations of the true origins of these horses. They are considered an all-around breed and do well in most climates except for exceptionally frigid ones.

Hardly renowned for their immediate rideability, anyone who wants a well-trained CHM will have to work for it. Wild by nature, these horses are prone to testing boundaries and will often cause trouble if they are not kept active. Those who aren’t determined to train them will find that they prefer to be left in large herds which they usually take over except when surrounded by others of their breed in which case they will establish their own hierarchy.

The Trust System is still in progress and is subject to change at any time.

In order to compete for prizes you must first achieve a certain level of trust with your CHM, spending time caring for and training them to go against their otherwise unruly nature. CHM must have a basic Trust Rank of five before being allowed to earn your halter and compete. Levels of Trust can be achieved in two different ways revolving around developing your CHM’s story, personality, and/or relationships.

Art: You may earn ranks of Trust for artwork of your CHM, after submitting a piece for Trust Ranks it will be judged and awarded points based on effort (shading vs no shading, headshot vs full-body, animated, etc.) rather than skill. You may earn a minimum of (1) and a maximum of (4) Trust Ranks per one piece of artwork. Uncolored sketches are currently prohibited.

Writing: For every 250 words you may gain (1) Rank of Trust. This writing can be anything from relationship blurbs to a story, to a personality description but must in some major way pertain to the CHM in question. A piece may include multiple CHM but may only count for Trust Rank with one of them.

Earning Trust Ranks do not just allow you to enter competitions, it also earns you rewards outside of that. For every five Ranks of Trust earned you receive two coins to spend at the shop however you like. If you earn a total of 50 Ranks of Trust you earn an additional 10 coins.

It is not the mod's responsibility to make sure you’ve read the rules. While we are understanding of mistakes, ignorance is no excuse, please read and be familiar with any and all rules in this section.

1) Citrus Hills Mustangs are a closed species, you may not make your own. While I recognize they have very few traits singular to this species, the lore is unique to them as are the events, Trust system, breedings, and designs made by our artists.

2) If you no longer want your CHM you may trade it (for other CHM, slots, or art), gift it, or ask the original artist to readopt it out. As of now you may not sell them or transfer them off species.

4) Do not make AU versions of your CHM, this gets around the no transferring off species rule and will not be tolerated. Alternate lore for origins, however, is permitted as long as your CHM does not change species.

5) New owners are not required to hold up previously made slot arrangements. Because of this, you may not trade a CHM with promised slots. All slots must either be used or available in order to make them eligible for trading. They may still be readopted with those slots considered used for the purposes of breeding whether or not the promised slots ever get used.

6) You may own as many CHM as you like and try out as often as you wish.

7) As of now CHM may not be co-owned, only one person is allowed to claim ownership of a single CHM.

8) Respect not only the staff but the community as well, bullying, harassment, or general aggression will not be tolerated.

Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Citrus Hills Mustangs (Open)

Postby sapphirespirit » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:34 am

Love these!
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:12 am

mark! <3
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JerseyDusk » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:50 pm

marking

Last bumped by Butter Dragon on Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:50 pm.
here but not really here, IYKYK
Image ImageImage
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
OC Site || Dusk til Dawn Equestrian || Adopted Characters || Art Shop || Arroyo Herd || WME's || Deviantart
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JerseyDusk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me