Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I'm Your Villain by Griddle

Artist Griddle [gallery]
Time spent 15 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I'm Your Villain

Postby Griddle » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:50 pm

Okay, so I've wanted to do something with a morally-ambiguous-at-best-and-downright-evil-at-worst unicorn character for a while. Since Paledon has been more active recently, I thought I would bring him to life there! 👀

The preliminary sketches are a little rough but! I'm happy I was able to get my ideas down haha. He's very lightly built and reedy, with a mane and tail-tuft that make hair commercials jealous. Deer-like feet with cloven hooves and... I am not sure what the lil fetlock bits are called actually lol. Some feathering at the ankles! I think I'm skipping a beard, though. Fabulous eyelashes because I have serious eyelash problems.

I am a little torn between a curved, sabre-like horn, a straight, rapier-like horn, or a horn heavy on the spiraling aspect. Kiiiiiinda leaning toward the rapier but??? We'll see! No color on this sketch but we're going with classic white, with tints of color at best. Not sure about hooves, horn, and eye colors yet but really thinking about gold.

He's self-centered, charismatic, manipulative, and vain. He will get what he wants and really doesn't care much about the ponies in his way to make it happen. He is probably occupying some fancy spoiled aristocratic position, if not a dweller of the Paledon castle outright (as a scholar, adviser, something like that). There is probably blood on his horn hands to be where is today, but you would not know it.

He doesn't have a name yet! 😂 I am open to suggestions if you have any! In the meantime I'll be pondering while I sketch him out some more.
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I'm Your Villain

Postby Metski » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:32 pm

Curved spiral horn?? OvO
Metski

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griddle » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:48 pm

Daioki wrote:Curved spiral horn?? OvO

That would probably kill me lol! 😂
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:35 pm

WOW i love how you draw horses oml,,,, i can't believe i wasn't following you before asdflkjasdf he's gorgeous
      i super look forward to seeing him cantering around paledon, and if you are ever looking for interactions hmu :eyes:

as for a suggested name, i suggest adrian for a snooty boi
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griddle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:44 pm

kii wrote:
      WOW i love how you draw horses oml,,,, i can't believe i wasn't following you before asdflkjasdf he's gorgeous
      i super look forward to seeing him cantering around paledon, and if you are ever looking for interactions hmu :eyes:

aaaaaa thank you for the kind words, kii! <3 Horses are tricky for me, but I've been trying to practice them for a while! I've seen a few people on my feed recently saying they're struggling with horsedom, so I've been thinking about making a lil sketch guide on how I approach my horses versus other popular animal subjects like dogs and cats.

(Also, if you like looking at horsey art, may I rec one of my favorite horse-obsessed artists?)

But I'm not really surprised! I haven't posted frequently for a while now, so I don't think I have a lot of followers lol. There were a couple years I had really bad hand tremors as a med side effect (luckily that got taken care of earlier this year!) and the general living with chronic illness, so not a lot of art has been happening. I hope to be more productive in the future!

Yeah I want to sketch him out some more and figure out colors/accessories before I put him on the official Paledon ref! I haven't thought much about relationships yet but I'll take a look at your kids later and see if anything sparks interest! 8w8

kii wrote:
      as for a suggested name, i suggest adrian for a snooty boi

Aaah Adrian is a great name! Unfortunately it makes me think of the black cat nerd from Ladybug, haha. 😔

Honestly Ambrose would be on the table if it weren't the name of a bestie's OC. Maybe Abraxas? idk that makes me think of a burlier build for chariot-pullin'. We'll figure it out! All these "A" names...
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery