Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

African Bush Elephant by TheCrowAtMidnight

Artist TheCrowAtMidnight [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

African Bush Elephant

Postby TheCrowAtMidnight » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:30 am

This picture is probably almost a year old and has been sitting unfinished, so I just made a quick lazy background and no changes to the elephant, because I really wanted to post this.
Facts about the African Bush Elephant
1:Due to poaching, elephants are evolving to lose their tusks, so you can no longer tell their age by how long or short their tusk are, elephant tusk come in all sizes.
2:There used to be over hundreds of super/big tuskers, which meant their tusk weighted over 100lbs, sadly once again due to poaching there is an estimate of only 12 of these majestic animals left.
3:Baby elephants suck their trunk like human babys suck their thumbs
4:An African elephant can live to be 55-70 years old, sometimes even older
5: A natural cause of death of an elephant is starvation due to no longer having any teeth left to replace the last worn down pair
6: An elephant has six sets of teeth in its lifetime, once the teeth wear down, new ones replace them
7: African elephants can weigh from 8,000lbs up to about 11,000lbs, some may get even larger
8:A new born baby can weigh from 220lbs up to 250lbs
9: There are two types of African elephants, the African Bush elephant (which is the more known kind) and the African forest elephant
10:Elephants will help members of their own herd, and of other herds
11: Elephants have a concept (understanding) of death, and will mourn their lost family members and even other elephants, one group of elephants even traveled to mourn the lost of a human who had rescued their herd from being culled
12: Elephants have been known to make and use tools, ex: fly swatter, back scratcher
13: Elephants have close knitted family groups and strong bonds
14:Males (bulls) usually leave the family group at 12-16 years of age and will join an all male group, he may move in and out of that and other male groups when older, or choose to travel alone
15: Just like matriarchal herds, the all male herds will typically have one bull who is in charge
”We are, all of us, stardust, held together by love for an instant.”~The Merciful One

”I’m not lying. I never lie.”~ Aaravos
TheCrowAtMidnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me