Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Arkylia - A Multi-Species ARPG by .lucifer

Artist .lucifer [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Arkylia - A Multi-Species ARPG

Postby .lucifer » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:27 am

[ Main Thread ] [ Activities ] [ Inventory Updates ] [ Shop ] [ Archive ] [ Discord ]

x x x Welcome to Arkylia! x x x
Arkylia is a high-magic fantasy world, and the setting in which our ARPG is located. On a stage shaped by natural magic, unity, and a will to work together for the common good, several species of animals can be seen spread across the varied biomes. Humanoid fantasy races of all kinds reside here, from elves, dwarves and gnomes, to goblins, orcs and other, more exotic shapes- beastfolk, centaurs, sphinxes and more can all be found living together in the varied towns, settlements, and cities.

x x x Rules x x x
Users participating in Arkylia may not harass other users in the community for any reason. This includes asking for characters/items that are not for sale, passive aggressive-ness or complaining about the outcome of a competition, or actions similar to these.

Our species do not use a baby/growth system. Any and all offspring from breedings will be designed as fully grown adults.

Arkylia's linearts may not be used for anything other than work for Arkylia. Please do not use the linearts to design random adopts or characters on.

Users may gift, trade or sell their Arkylia characters and items as they see fit. See more about user to user trading on the inventory updates thread.

In order for characters to be able to breed, they must fulfill the proper prompt on the activities thread. Characters may only breed with their own species. Any two members of the same species may mate together, regardless of gender. Main species will have complex genetics systems, while companion species tend more towards traditional closed species breeding percentages. Users may have one Arkylia breeding accepted per calendar month. Characters do not have a breeding cool-down.

Characters may earn experience (EXP), as well as participate in activities, prompts and quests, by being drawn or written about. Each art or writing piece featuring Arkylian characters will need to go through the EXP redemption thread in order for it to qualify for rewards such as experience, Ⱥ, or items.

Artists for Arkylia may participate in the different species as much or as little as they wish; Staff is not expected to do more work than they can handle, and complaining about one species being favored over the others will not be tolerated.

x x x Getting Started x x x

Each player in Arkylia takes on the role of a Caretaker, someone who provides food, shelter and enrichment for other denizens of Arkylia who cannot take care of themselves, either due to physical limitations (being in the body of an animal) or intellectual limitations (having the mind of an animal). Players can create an in-universe representation of themselves, or leave that character vague or even undefined if they do not wish to focus on that part of the story.

You do not need an Arkylian character to set up your community! Your community is where you will track your Levels, Completed Prompts, and Characters. To set up a community, you must set up a page- Like a Toyhouse Folder, CS Thread, or Weebly Site- where you hold this information. Your Community Page MUST clearly show:
Your Community's Current Level
Your Characters, each with a link to their Oekaki Thread
Your Completed Prompts, with a link to the Character(s) involved, and a link to the post on the Activities Thread where they were completed.

After you have created your community page, head over to the Discord Server and sign up for an inventory managed by our bot, or the Inventory Updates Thread to sign up for a google inventory.

Once you have an inventory, pop over to the Activities Thread to have your community registered, becoming Level 0! You may now own up to 3 characters, and can participate in our ARPG to level up and earn more rewards.

x x x Acquiring Arkylian Characters x x x
Arkylia is a group oriented ARPG with prompts for more focused single-character development as well. All users in Arkylia must create a thread or page for their group- called a community- and register for the ARPG in the Activties thread.

Optionally, a user may create a handler as in in-character representation of themselves. This handler would be the caretaker for their character(s), and the leader of their community of Arkylian characters. Handlers may be any fantasy race you can think of, except for humans! Due to an event in Arkylia's past, all humans have been hybridized with different animals, resulting in a range of appearances from minor changes to their anatomy, such as animal ears, tails or limbs, to people that are in the bodies of animals.

Handlers are free to make, and a free-to-use lineart for Arkylian humans may be found here. Our lovely artist Pyromaniacal created an oekaki version here.

Characters of the Main Species (Avidae, Chrysocyon, Pardofelis, Shiagan Herder, and Arkylian House Fox) may be obtained via Starters, Adopts, Customs, or Breeding. Each user may adopt a single starter character total. This is all-together, not per-species; So a user can only adopt one starter in Arkylia, no matter which species.

Characters of the Companion Species (Faewolves, Arkylian Saber-Toothed Lions, Cataurs, Ravlins, Aesthians, Tufties and Aviarians) may be obtained via Adopts or Breeding. Companion Species are, by definition, focused on significantly less than the Main Species, and therefore may have less activity overall.

Adopts
Adopts are made by our lovely artist team, and can be seen on each of the species threads! Adopts may have different criteria, requirements, or outcomes, all depending on the kind of competition the artist chooses. You can check our recent adopts by clicking on the recent color ins for each species!

You do not need a starter to win an adopt, and winning adopts does not disqualify you from getting a starter character!

Starters
A starter is a single unique character that is randomly rolled for each user. Every user may have a single starter for Arkylia.

Users who have already had a starter made in one or more of the main species may not claim a new starter! This is because old characters are being transferred over into the new systems, so you will still have access to your starters.

If you have not had a starter made, then great! In order to get a starter, you must wait for an artist to open starter slots, which they will do here on the main Arkylia thread. Make sure to pay attention to which species the artist is accepting, as they may not be open to every species during their openings!

A user may have a starter if all of the following criteria are met:

- They have not had a starter made for them previously.
- An Artist has opened Starter Slots.
- They have room in their community.

Customs
MYO Slots can be bought at the Shop or through our Discord Bot (for those with a discord inventory), using Arkylian Coin. Arkylian Coin (Referred to as Ⱥ) is earned via drawing Arkylian Characters. The characters do not have to be your own! So you can draw Arkylian Characters to earn Ⱥ and buy a MYO slot, if none of the adopts suit your fancy, and you've had no luck catching a Starter slot.

Customs are available on a per-opening basis, and have price tiers identical to MYOs, however they are drawn by the artist who opened the custom slot, and you pay the Ⱥ to the artist, rather than into the shop. Artists may also charge extra for complicated patterns, like tortoiseshells, brindles, or complex tabbies!

Breeding
Breeding can be done between two individuals of the same species who have both completed at least one Breeding Rite, as detailed on the Activities thread. Breeding will yield one offspring per each user involved in the breeding. Arkylia does not use a growth system! All bred characters will be designed as fully grown adults.

In order to breed two characters together, you must catch an artist's breeding slots when they open them here on the main thread. Pay close attention to the artist's opening post, and make sure they are accepting the species you wish to breed!

x x x Arkylia Staff x x x
Arkylia's Staff Members are here to help keep the ARPG running! Please be sure to treat them kindly and respectfully as they create and manage the designs Arkylia uses, manage your inventories, and much, much more.

Owner
.lucifer

Moderators
FluffyBirdie
-
-

Artists
Pyromaniacal
SurgeFire
-
-

x x x Frequently Asked Questions x x x
These are questions which are commonly asked about our ARPG! Please, if you have a question, check to see if you can find the answer here first.

Do I need to join the Discord to participate in the ARPG? Do I need to use the discord bot?
No, you do not! The discord bot was created for the convenience of our staff and players, but it is not needed to enjoy the benefits of our ARPG. You will not receive any biased treatment if you choose to use a google sheets inventory instead!

What is a juvenile?
It is a kind of Item you can get from the shop, which turns into a full, randomly generated character when an artist opens design slots! Different Juveniles have different genes guaranteed, and come in all five of the different main species.

What is a geno?
It is like the instructions for the character's design. A Geno, short for Genotype (the least amount of information needed), is the collective information used to design a character- namely, its species, its genotype and (usually) its corresponding phenotype. Think of them like a voucher for a full character. They aren't playable yet, because they haven't been designed and given a thread yet, but can be designed when an artist opens design slots!
Last edited by .lucifer on Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:14 am, edited 14 times in total.
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Arkylia - A Multi-Species ARPG

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:31 am

marking allowed? <3
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:59 pm

marking is allowed!
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:22 pm

mark!
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:58 am

mark<3

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things