Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

kitty by Griddle

Based on Click to view
Artist Griddle [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
42 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

kitty

Postby Griddle » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:45 am

I recently picked up a super-cute design from skiplet and thought I'd try sketching it out! Not sold on the eye color and gender is a mystery but it's something to think about.

I've had a tough few months and haven't really felt like drawing. I poked around at ARPG stuff around the beginning of the year but wasn't really enjoying myself, and my interests continued to dwindle afterward. I've been hospitalized a couple of times in the past few months and have switched medications and support systems. I lost my appetite in April and within the past couple weeks actually felt hungry for the first time since! I also picked up my iPad to draw this week for the first time in a long time. Hoping this means things are looking up!

Happy to report that Project Blue has been working excellently for me so far! I heard about it from an artist I follow on Twitter and thought I'd try it when I started drawing again. It basically turns your iPad into a display graphics tablet for your PC/Mac (like a Cintiq). You can connect via wi-fi or USB and the connection is a lot less finnicky than my Wacom tablet. It's given me pen pressure for Clip Studio and ChickenPaint (although I've heard it sadly doesn't support pen pressure for SAI 1.x).

I also read that ChickenPaint supports mobile now! Hoping that means it won't act up on my iPad the way it did before but I haven't actually tried it yet lol.

Have a comic idea that's been eating my brain and would be CS-appropriate. Been mulling over whether I want to draw it in oekaki or Clip Studio. Either way I'd like to be more active here again so hopefully you'll see more of me soon!

Hope y'all have been faring well in 2021!!!
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kitty

Postby skiplet » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:27 pm

OH they're so cute all drawn out! i love your style :0

beckett or skip • adult • they/them • adhd
my pronouns.page
all i do is make art, play dnd, keep bees,
and watch shows with lgbt rep

if you're reading this, send me a song rec
skiplet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kitty

Postby Griddle » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:20 pm

Aaa thank you skiplet! I hope to draw them more soon and get a feel for the character. I've got another kitty adopt I got some time ago and haven't had the chance to draw yet. Maybe they can be friends?

Thanks for making such a striking design!
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery