Forum rules
This board has been so popular that we've had to make another board for avatars already!

We've made a new Editable Avatars board so if you want everyone to color in your avatar you can post over there! It'll work just like the regular editable oekaki forum, but for Avatar sized canvases :)

If you only want certain friends to be able to color your avatar then you can leave it in this board, and just add editing permissions for those people.

gray aroace pride!! by selasphorys

• Forum avatar size
Artist selasphorys [gallery]
Time spent 13 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Forum avatar

Sorry, this artist does not allow people to use this drawing as their avatar.

gray aroace pride!!

Postby selasphorys » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:59 am

This is my first time celebrating pride month as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, and not just an ally. I've spent a lot of time learning more about the a-spec community and educating myself on other LGBTQIA+ identities. I'm a little scared, especially since I've seen a-spec people being excluded from pride, but I'm trying to be brave. :') I'm still not entirely sure what I am... my orientation has been ???!?! for the past few years, but I've quietly slipped gray aroace into my signature a few months ago. I'm not super open about it and I'm still closeted to most of my friends and family. I think gray aroace fits who I am right now. Maybe I'll change as I figure myself out in the future. This pride month, I really wanted an avatar to represent my identity.

This little floofer is Wist! I created her to represent my gray aroace orientation. She's a lynx-point ragdoll (lots of gray!) with unnatural eyes (green for aro and purple for ace!). Her fluffy tail is stylized to represent the ace of clubs, a symbol for gray-aromantics and gray-asexuals. Her name comes from Wisteria, a beautiful purple and green plant that was my favorite as a child. While it can symbolize love, it also symbolizes longevity, endurance, and expanding knowledge. Wist also comes from wistfulness, which is how I often felt in regards to understanding myself. I still don't really know myself, but I'm maybe getting a step closer.

It's my first time using oekaki, and it's definitely a lot to get used to! ;u; Definitely not my best drawing but I'm pretty proud of it. The timer is way off, I had this in the background while doing some other things.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me