Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Fantasiequine Adopts - Grand Opening! by ~Trompy

Artist ~Trompy [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Fantasiequine Adopts - Grand Opening!

Postby ~Trompy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:21 pm

Welcome to the Sanctuary!

This is the place that all Fantasiequines come from. Thanks to donation efforts funding our breeding programs, we are always listing new individuals for adoption. Whether you are here to find a Fantasiacorn to call your own or breed the ones you already have, you are in the right place! We hope you enjoy your stay at Mourbrook Valley!

"These creatures... they move like they are dancing.
Forever entwined in a waltz with nature.
They are enamoured with life itself."

History and Use

The species Fantasiequine (pronounced fan-tae-zi-eh-kwine) used to be found worldwide, but was thought to go extinct some five hundred years ago. It was only after an earthquake opened the valley of Mourbrook around twenty years ago that they were rediscovered to the world and quickly found their homes in the hearts of many. The Fantasiacorns, as they are so affectionately called by their caretakers, are held in high regard by the residents of the valley, being worshiped as symbols of good luck, good fortune, and prosperity. They were used exclusively as companion animals and had no natural predators inside the valley. This led to a carefree, trusting, and curious nature. Their personality mixed with an extremely intelligent mind, most Fantasiacorns are easy to tame and train.

Thanks to breeding efforts that greatly increased the population, the species has recently been opened up for exportation. Along with new homes, people are finding new uses for these intelligent creatures. Individuals have found their place in show rings, cart pulling, cross country, and so much more. Many individuals have been observed with a natural amble, pace, tölt (fourth beat) and skeið (fifth beat) gaits, along with the usual walk, trot, and canter of common horses and can be trained to perform in the way that is most comfortable for their rider. Their fancy footwork has quickly become a favorite in dressage!

Appearance

All specimens will stand between 12-18hh, with most standing around 15hh. They are a bit stocky in build much like the modern mustang, have a slightly roman nose, ears that curve inward at the tips, a mule-like tail and at least some feathering on the feet. Mane and tail lengths vary, and this seems to be genetic in nature. All colors and patterns that can be seen on horses can also be found within this species, including a very popular genetic brindle! Go here to learn more about color rules!

This species is dimorphic, and there are two distinct identifiers of gender. Stallions tend to have more feathering than mares, along with a lavish beard on their chin, as well as having a much larger horn than the mares. The stallion's horns grow continuously throughout their lives, so the length of their horns is a status symbol among the species. Horns sometimes break off and need to be sharpened before they can fight again, so longer horns indicate older stallions with a more impressive win record. It is assumed that the mares' horns quit growing so that they hide within their fluffy forelocks to blend in with normal horses back when they used to run wild across the world - as a mare's horn was often sought out for its medicinal properties.

The typical horn is considered an "angel" type. Sometimes a recessive mutation shows up, producing a "demon" type horn, which can be curved, twisted, rounded, or even split and curl like ram's horns. This, however, is uncommon. The demon type horn is thought to be tied to the brindle gene, but this may just be coincidence. On another note, horns fade into a non-natural color, which can land on any color of the rainbow. Due to the length of the horns, these colors tend to stand out more on stallions than mares. The base of the horn will always match the color of the hair at its base.

General Rules

For breeding and color rules, go here

- This is a CLOSED species, meaning you may not create or breed your own Fantasiequines
- Any user who has been on CS at least 2 months and has at least 100 forum posts may try for an adopt
- Do not claim the species as your own
- Do not remove the signature from the original artwork
- Designs cannot be transferred to other species
- Equines available for adopt will be marked "Adopt Me!" on the image
- Forms must be filled out entirely and without format changes to be counted (unless prettying is specified in the original post)
- Do not bribe or beg for an equine
- No quilt tripping or harassing if you do not win
- Artists are expected to judge their adopts fairly and promptly
- Users found breaking these rules may be banned from the species
- Depending on the offense, warnings may be given
- Banned users will be unable to adopt or breed from the date they were banned, and they are not allowed to post on any species-related forums.
Last edited by ~Trompy on Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Colors and Markings

Postby ~Trompy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:22 pm

Fantasiacorns can be found in any color that exists on horses! Some are rarer than others, so here's a quick break down of some of the sought-after colors and markings. If any of this is confusing to you, that's okay! Artists will know the genetics of your equines and can help you determine possible color outcomes for your foals if you want to breed them that way!

Base Coat Colors
Common: Chestnut, Bay, Black, Brown, Palomino, Buckskin
Uncommon: Dun, Grulla, Grey
Rare: Cremello, Perlino, Smoky Cream
Very Rare: Champagne, Pearl, True White, Albino, Melanism

Markings
Common: Sabino, Tobiano, Overo, Splash
Uncommon: Brindle, Rabicano, Roan
Rare: Corn Roan, Appaloosa Patterns, Metallic, Genetic Dapples (not caused by grey, sooty, or fading), Grease spots, Birdcatcher spots
Very Rare: Flash (Always white, non-Genetic brindle), Mosaic (chimera), Lace, Quagga (Zebra striping)

Horns
Common: Angel Type (straight)
Uncommon: Demon Type A (simple curved, stays in line with the spine)
Rare: Demon Type B (Complex Curve, like a spiral)
Very Rare: Devil Type (Split, ram, multiple points)
Last edited by ~Trompy on Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding and Genetics

Postby ~Trompy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:22 pm

Here at the Sanctuary, we hold the sole breeding rights for the species. If you want to add a little foal to your herd, you can either choose to breed two of your own Fantasiacorns together or gather permissions from other owners! Many people may choose to start out their herds by breeding with other people's equines.

Breeding Rules
- You may not breed your own Fantasiequines. All breedings must be done through a breeding artist
- Only male to female breedings are permitted
- If you do not own one (or either) of the parents in a breeding, you must have quoted permission from the owner(s) of the other equines(s) you will be using
- Creating falsified permissions will result in the removal of the created foal and your immediate ban from the species
- Breeding artists can open whenever they want and take as many requests as they wish. Wait times may vary depending on the amount and complexity of breedings
- Your Fantasiacorn must be 1 month old before you can breed them. This does not include the wait time

Types of Breeding

Visual breedings
- To create the foal based on the visual look of the parents
- This will ensure you get a foal that resembles their parents
- Colors that are rarer than their parents cannot be achieved this way
- Recessive genes will not be able to be expressed this way
- Chance mutations (like chimera and flash) can still appear. Scroll down to chance mutations to see percentages
- Horn type will still be rolled on random.org. Scroll down to chance mutations to see percentages
- If the breeding artist is not familiar with genetics, another artist will provide your new foal's genetics in time for future use

Genetic breedings
- To create a foal by using the genetics of the parents
- Genetics breeding is often full of surprises!
- Recessive genes may show up this way
- Punnet squares will be drawn and each genetic "group" will be given a number group (1-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100) and then rolled for on random.org
- If you want to learn more about how horse color genetics work, go here!

Chance Mutations

- Chance mutations are not genetic and can appear on any breeding
- Each category has a percentage chance of having a mutation show up
- Rolls are done on random.org

Coat Color Mutations:
- Albinism and Melanism. 1-2% chance per breeding
Marking Mutations:
- Grease Spots and Birdcatcher Spots. 1-10% chance per breeding
- Flash, Lace, and Quagga. 1-5% chance per breeding. Artist choice
- Mosaic. 1% chance per breeding. Cannot combine with other marking mutations and is only rolled if no other mutations are present
Horn Mutations:
- Devil Type. Can only appear when breeding two equines who both have demon-type horns. Has specific rules.
---- Two Demon (Type A) parents: 1% chance per breeding
---- One Demon (Type A) and one Demon (Type B) parent: 2% chance per breeding
---- Two Demon (Type B) parents: 3% chance per breeding
---- Any breeding involving a Devil type parent: 5% chance per breeding
-------- *A breeding involving a Devil type and an Angel type will always result in a Demon type, with a 1% chance of Devil type
-------- *Breeding two Devil types together is STRICTLY PROHIBITED!!

Event-Unique Mutations
-
-
-

Note:

In Fantasiequines, there are a few more gene sets and additional rules that don't follow real life genetics
- Brindle is recessive, and two [br] copies are necessary for it to show
- Genetic dapples are a thing here! It is a dominant trait, meaning that only one copy of the [DAP] gene is needed to show it, but if you get two copies in the same horse [DAPDAP], they will be much more prominent and often times the entire body will be covered in dapples!
- Angel, Demon-A and Demon-B type horns have their own set of genetics and stand alone from the color genetics. Because of this, they are determined by percentages
----- Devil types are a random mutation that is slightly genetic. Go to horn mutations to see the percentages and rules
-Mane lengths are determined by percentage, not genetics.
----- Breeding two of the same mane length will result in the same length in the foal
----- If the length is only one length difference (long/medium or medium/short) then it is 50/50
----- Long/Short pairs have a greater chance of producing a medium maned foal than long or short

Cheat Sheet for Breeding Artists
Do all rolls on random.org

Step 1: Coat Color. If doing genetic breedings, make a punnet square for each set of genes and label them (1-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100). Then roll. If doing a visual breeding, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Roll for color mutations (1% chance. RNG must land on 1. Reroll if activated. 1-50 Albinism, 51-100 Melanistic)
Step 3: If no color mutations, roll for marking mutations. Rolls must be performed in the order below, and if a mutation activates, later levels of mutations are voided.
- Grease Spots and Birdcatcher Spots. 1-10% chance. (RNG must land on 1-10 A 50-50 re-roll decides which one
- Flash, Lace, and Quagga. 1-5% chance. (RNG must land on 1-5) Artist choice
- Mosaic. 1% chance per breeding (RNG must land on 1)
----- If mosaic is activated, the 2nd coat color for the foal is created by rerolling from the unused punnet square outcomes (or by mixing the parents a different way, depending on how you are breeding). Markings like appaloosa and tobiano lay on top, and are not affected by mosiac. If a different coat color cannot be achieved genetically or visually, it becomes artist's choice.
Step 4: Determine Mane length.
- Breeding two of the same mane length will result in the same length in the foal
- If the length is only one length difference (long/medium or medium/short) then it is 50/50
- Long/Short rolls as follows: 1-19 Short, 20-80 Medium, 81-100 Long
Step 5: Determine Horn type.
- The percentages for rolls are as follows:
----- Angel/Angel = Angel
----- Angel/Demon A = 1-75 Angel, 71-100 Demon A
----- Angel/Demon B = 1-50 Angel, 51-90 Demon A, 91-100 Demon B
----- Demon A/Demon A = 1 activates Devil type, 2-100 Demon A
----- Demon A/Demon B = 1-2 Devil, 3-75 Demon A, 76-100 Demon B
----- Demon B/Demon B = 1-3 Devil, 4-100 Demon B
----- Any demon-type and a Devil type = 1-6 Devil, 7-100 other parent's type
----- Devil/Angel = 1-75 results in Demon A, 76-99 Demon B, 100 Devil
Step 6: Roll for gender if gender preference is not given. 1-50 is female, 51-100 is male.
Last edited by ~Trompy on Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 20 times in total.
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

Postby ~Trompy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:23 pm

Grand Opening Event!!

Throughout the month of June, Fantasiacorns will be released in varying rarities to show off just how diverse the species can be! This isn't your normal unicorn adopt, folks! We hope you stick around to see them all and maybe adopt a few for yourself <3

Keep an eye out on some of those more common looking equines, they might be hiding something...
*All adopts from this event will be het for the uncommon markings of brindle or rabicano if they are not visual!*

Week 1: Woah, what are these?! Common and uncommon equines have shown themselves an an introduction to the species!

Week 2: Stripes, Shinies, and Spots... oh my!! Rarer markings have made an appearance!

Week 3: Hmmm... there's something different about these ones... come back next week to see them!

Week 4: ???
Last edited by ~Trompy on Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby ~Trompy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:24 pm

Owned by ~Trompy
Moderated by -

Main Artists
-
-
-
-
-

Breeding Artists
-
-
-
-
-
Last edited by ~Trompy on Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Frequently Asked Questions

Postby ~Trompy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:25 pm

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I have to *do* anything with my adopted equines? Like do I have to make art or write to keep them?
A: Nope! Whether you enjoy adopting characters to create elaborate backstories and personalities or you just like hoarding, this is a very user-friendly species that doesn't have any requirements to you as an owner. You can do pretty much whatever you please with your adopted equines!

Q: Can I change any aspects of my Fantasiequine's design?
A: The only parts of a design you are allowed to "edit" in drawings or writing are mane lengths/styles, tail styles, "dyeing" the mane and tail with animal-friendly hair dyes, and greying out your equine as it ages. Changing your horse's base color, marking shapes, and adding mutations is borderline creating your own Fantasiequine and therefore not allowed.

Q: Am I allowed to draw my Fantasiequine as a humanoid/anthro?
A: This is technically borderline transferring the design onto another species, but as long as you are using it as an expression of the original adopt (like how some people draw their horse adopts in a My Litte Pony style), and not using the original adopt as inspiration for an anthro design that has nothing to do with the original, then it is allowed.

Q: Can my equine have dapples but not have the dapple gene?
A: Yes! The sooty gene in horses often causes dapples, and some coat colors like bay and black tend to dapple when they get faded by the sun. Just because your equine has dapples doesn't mean it's genetic.

Q: I had a foal with markings that neither parent had? What's up with that?
A: Your foal rolled for a recessive gene! This means that a recessive, or hidden, gene was present in both parents, and during the breeding both genes shows up on your foal! You can learn more about horse genetics by going here!

Last edited by ~Trompy on Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fantasiequine Adopts - Under Construction, Open for Mark

Postby Guest » Mon May 31, 2021 11:26 pm

mork

Re: Fantasiequine Adopts - Under Construction, Open for Mark

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:56 am

mark!!
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fantasiequine Adopts - Grand Opening!

Postby faentofheart » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:06 pm

HUGE mark! Im so excited for these guys!

do you know if there will ever be an opening for artist positions? <3
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me