Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Anthro Redline? by Silver Pandorica

Artist Silver Pandorica [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Anthro Redline?

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sat May 15, 2021 5:14 pm

hey wassup y'all?
ok so i've always really struggled with animals' snouts/muzzles, especially at 3/4 angle. it just never looks right? idk if its the shape/placement of the eyes, how far the muzzle sticks out, the cheeks, etc. the head shape always looks odd. anyways, if some more experienced furry/feral artists wouldn't mind, i would love to have some people redline this and drop a few tips!

i've been drawing animals for years, but i think i've been stuck in a bit of a rut for a while and i'm not sure how to proceed and get back on the track of improvement. in other words, i'm at a standstill rn. any tricks, tips, references, videos, websites, redlines, or anything else would legitimately be awesome and very much appreciated <33
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anthro Redline?

Postby Dracorynn » Sun May 16, 2021 5:39 am

I don't have my tablet out so I can't sketch over these atm, but the feline looks great to me! The only suggestion I'd give for the canine would be to smooth out the top line of the snout so it's not as harsh of an angle between the eye and nose. Like a curve rather than an angle if that makes sense. As well, maybe tilt the ears so the points turn slightly towards each other? The top of the head looks empty to me and I'm thinking that may fix it.

If I get my tablet out later I may sketch over the canine to show a bit better what I'm trying to describe here. But so far, they're looking good! Keep it up!
Dracorynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cervidae » Sun May 16, 2021 4:16 pm

might redline or edit this later but i'd recommend this site for references!! https://x6ud.github.io/#/
you basically position a skull, select an animal, and it searches for reference images that match the position of the skull
cervidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun May 16, 2021 4:24 pm

Dracorin wrote:I don't have my tablet out so I can't sketch over these atm, but the feline looks great to me! The only suggestion I'd give for the canine would be to smooth out the top line of the snout so it's not as harsh of an angle between the eye and nose. Like a curve rather than an angle if that makes sense. As well, maybe tilt the ears so the points turn slightly towards each other? The top of the head looks empty to me and I'm thinking that may fix it.

If I get my tablet out later I may sketch over the canine to show a bit better what I'm trying to describe here. But so far, they're looking good! Keep it up!

ayee thanks for the tips!! much appreciated <3

cervidae wrote:might redline or edit this later but i'd recommend this site for references!! https://x6ud.github.io/#/
you basically position a skull, select an animal, and it searches for reference images that match the position of the skull

yo what?? that's so cool omg. def using that :0!!
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes