Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

ten years. by allinian

Artist allinian [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

ten years.

Postby allinian » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:53 am

im late OTL but––

wow.

ten years ago––on saturday march 26, 2011––i created my chickensmoothie account and adopted my first dog:
    (my first pet was actually this cat, but i cant draw felines... so lets just shhhh)

it's been a wild ride--annddd cue the cheesy (but true) lines:

there have definitely been several ups and downs during my time here, but regardless, it is still pretty dang incredible to me just how much ive learned from being on this site.

during my time here, i...
    met several friends. learned several skills. made several mistakes.
    developed (sort of) a style. discovered my own identity. created a community.

i am so so grateful for everything and everyone ive encountered here--
    if i never joined, i probably would have never discovered my passion for drawing.
    quite literally thanks to cs, i am now pursuing a career in art and couldnt be happier (:

im glad i made it to this point, but also kind of sad. sad because i know, as the coming years (or even months) continue to pass by, there will eventually come a time where i decide to leave this site completely. i can already feel myself outgrowing the site, and although i know this is a place for people of all ages, i personally know at a certain point ill be done.

dont know when that will be... but regardless, cs will always have a special place in my heart ♡

//thanks for tuning into my ramble if you made it this far hehe
    thanks for these ten years (:

---

and lastly, just a personal trip down memory lane... anyone remember some of the super oldies? pfft

⟡ meios ⟡ christmas corp ⟡ irregular flutter ferrets ⟡ caaa ⟡ the pond ⟡ kyuubis + slyphaires ⟡ mwitten lollapalooza ⟡ bloom dapple ⟡ jellyfishies ⟡ starries ⟡ kangaroo dogs ⟡ doughnuters ⟡ soda rodents ⟡ lermies ⟡ fire griffins ⟡ flarkies ⟡ kismet star keepers ⟡ mewki cafe ⟡ jellybean dragons ⟡ kiamaras ⟡ makoatls ⟡ winged + masked serrets ⟡ milky way kits ⟡ astralines ⟡ finchlings ⟡ parrapups ⟡ cheesedoodles ⟡ goblin gators ⟡ fluff dragons ⟡ corkis ⟡ zvers ⟡ belldandies ⟡ deersserts ⟡ keetins ⟡ bumble bee bats ⟡ light collectors ⟡ pimmies ⟡ bleets ⟡ prism keepers ⟡ plobs ⟡ rainbow paint wolves ⟡ simas ⟡ vaikis ⟡ flyin' puffballs ⟡ fox-n-key v1 ⟡ mutatoes v1 ⟡ make your own ever ⟡ pseudodragons ⟡ plumerians ⟡

---

left ⟡ march 2011 dog (c) chickensmoothie
    right ⟡ silver (c) design by n00ney / character owned by allinian
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ten years.

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:55 am

Wow congrats on 10 years
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allinian » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:13 am

thanks !! c:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
----------
on hiatus.
----------

⟡ alli ⟡ she/her ⟡
to-do list

art creditimg rotator
⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alligator-monday » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:53 am

This is so awesome dude! I'm back checking out the site for the first time in 2-3 years (I had to make a new account, used to be alaskanalpaca, got locked out of the old one due to too many wrong passwords lol) but it's really cool and inspiring to see another person who sees this site as their roots, like I'm pursuing a career in animation because of this place, and all the character adopts are what got me to the place that I am artistically and creatively! I honestly am really nostalgic for the old free character adopt contests here and am kind of sad to see so few major communities still around! I was involved in Kias, Plumerians, and Milky way kits but I remember almost every one of those groups you mentioned! I don't think there's any other site that is quite like this one, and even though I've been gone for a while it still feels like home <33 Anyways sorry for the weird ramble from someone you probably never interacted with but I want to wish you good luck in your pursuits!!!! Your art is very cute also!!!!
alligator-monday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allinian » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:20 am

alligator-monday wrote:This is so awesome dude! I'm back checking out the site for the first time in 2-3 years (I had to make a new account, used to be alaskanalpaca, got locked out of the old one due to too many wrong passwords lol) but it's really cool and inspiring to see another person who sees this site as their roots, like I'm pursuing a career in animation because of this place, and all the character adopts are what got me to the place that I am artistically and creatively! I honestly am really nostalgic for the old free character adopt contests here and am kind of sad to see so few major communities still around! I was involved in Kias, Plumerians, and Milky way kits but I remember almost every one of those groups you mentioned! I don't think there's any other site that is quite like this one, and even though I've been gone for a while it still feels like home <33 Anyways sorry for the weird ramble from someone you probably never interacted with but I want to wish you good luck in your pursuits!!!! Your art is very cute also!!!!

sorry for the late reply, but ahh !! thank you soso much <3 and no worries at all, it makes me more than happy to hear someone relates with my experiences here !! and yes--definitely !! all amazing communities that created unforgettable experiences c:

thank you again (for the good luck and art compliment)--i wish you all the best in your animation endeavors too :D
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
----------
on hiatus.
----------

⟡ alli ⟡ she/her ⟡
to-do list