Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I'm back! (kinda...) by StalePotatoChips

Artist StalePotatoChips [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
43 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I'm back! (kinda...)

Postby StalePotatoChips » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:17 pm

I just got back from my trip a couple hours ago! My delicate irish skin was NOT prepared for weeks in the sun I tell ya what. I wrote about my experience a bithere if anyone is interested. If you're like me and have been diagnosed with MDD or just suffer from depression/anxiety in general, I hope some of the things I wrote about resonate with you <3 I'm going to be offline a little while longer do to certain circumstances in my life (I go into more detail in the link above). I'm not too sure when I'll be back. Even when I do come back, I'm really only here for the palette challenges so it's not like I'll be as active as I used to be. This sight is no more than a hobby to me and the only reason I really stick around is for the palette challenges and the handful of friends I enjoy talking to . Also, I saw all the new challenges you guys posted while I was gone! They will keep me busy, thank you! <3

I got my guitar while I was on my way to the retreat so I could practice it while I was there! It's an electric acoustic and I love it! I'm pretty sure I just annoyed everyone there lol. I have learned a few cords and right now I'm just trying to get used to the rhythm of strumming the strings while switching between chords. Once I feel more comfortable with that I'll try learning some scales. If there any other guitar players reading this, are there any really simple songs for beginners you can recommend?

EDIT: A very important part was removed from the post I made shared in the link. By far one of the most important parts that I wanted people to see.You can see it here
Last edited by StalePotatoChips on Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StalePotatoChips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I'm back! (kinda...)

Postby Kusakabe » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:31 pm

crispy skin ;0;
It's great to see you back again tho...
Kenji // th //artshop //
Kusakabe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SputnikSplash » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:51 pm

Aaaa welcome back!!
Oof, sunburn sucks x.x but it's great to see ya back :D
BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO

ImageImageImageImageImage
❤︎ Artist ❤︎ BLM ❤︎ Toyhou.se ❤︎
❤︎Pixels by Phyris❤︎
Status: Catching up on all owed art, if I owe you something please PM me in case I've forgotten!
SputnikSplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Novacaine- » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:02 pm

Heyo, nice to hear from you again. I hope your grandparents are alright, that's pretty scary. I understand you being gone for longer to be by them ^^

I'm glad your trip was great, and I'm so sorry you came back as a tomato. Your skin is going to be peelinggg-

Idk if you saw it, but I made you a lil more art. It's of Buttercup ^^
Credit to frostily and Brackensnake for my avatar and sig image
MY BOI NOVAAA
-Novacaine-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StalePotatoChips » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:23 pm

Kusakabe wrote:crispy skin ;0;
It's great to see you back again tho...

I'm supposed to be a stalepotatochip not a crispypotatochip >:0
Thank you<3

SputnikSplash wrote:Aaaa welcome back!!
Oof, sunburn sucks x.x but it's great to see ya back :D

Thanks! It's the curse of the Irish XD

-Novacaine- wrote:Heyo, nice to hear from you again. I hope your grandparents are alright, that's pretty scary. I understand you being gone for longer to be by them ^^

I'm glad your trip was great, and I'm so sorry you came back as a tomato. Your skin is going to be peelinggg-

Idk if you saw it, but I made you a lil more art. It's of Buttercup ^^

Yeah, it really sucks. My grandparents worked really hard for everything they have and it was all taken away from them in one night. Material items are temporary anyways, but it doesn't stop it from sucking.
Thank you again for the drawing of Buttercup ;w; This crispy tomato appreciates it <3
StalePotatoChips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:29 pm

I also kind of return as well. I'll tell you all about it later.

Also, careful with that gang. They aren't the type you want to anger.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panda-Love-100 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:47 am

Nice too see you again!! :>

I’ve found some of the easiest songs starting out are ones that have the more basic chords (G, C, E, and D for example). Really all of the ones I have are worship songs (I have a very specific genre of music I listen to x3) so I’m pretty sure you don’t want those, but if you did just tell me and I can get you some.

(Also, I have an electric acoustic too, just thought that was cool qvq)
Panda-Love-100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:54 am

Glad to see you are back!
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StalePotatoChips » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 am

Panda-Love-100 wrote:Nice too see you again!! :>

I’ve found some of the easiest songs starting out are ones that have the more basic chords (G, C, E, and D for example). Really all of the ones I have are worship songs (I have a very specific genre of music I listen to x3) so I’m pretty sure you don’t want those, but if you did just tell me and I can get you some.

(Also, I have an electric acoustic too, just thought that was cool qvq)

I grew up on gospel music, so I'm totally fine with it! If you have digital copies, you can PM them to me! I'm actually really glad I got an electric acoustic! Tuning it is SO EASY! The only reason I got the electric was because that was all they had in stock ;v; Glad I got it though! I know E minor, A, A major, G, G major, C major, and D (i still have trouble getting D to sound good because my fingers keep wanting to lay flat on the strings ;0;) I hope that's enough for now to learn some simple songs haha
StalePotatoChips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StalePotatoChips » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:50 pm

mods removed the bible quote from my original post so if you wish to see what it was, check the link in the edit on the main post!
StalePotatoChips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me