Based on Click to view
Artist ahirked [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 59 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

maxine

Postby ahirked » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:06 am

oh my gosh I love she---
    tysm miku ;0; + link to main thread (closed temp)

personality:
maxine, occasionally shortened to maxie, is a fairly nervous, anxious little kid. she does not
enjoy attention, likes keeping to herself and finds herself at ease rejecting the company
of others in favour of being at one with nature. it's where she feels most herself - where
she knows that the only creatures that could hurt her in any way is always an accident.
she relates to the fear of creatures that do not know her yet. and so she gathers up her
painting supplies, sunhat in tow, and off she goes to an open meadow, barren of other
keldines but full of flora and fauna.

she likes being in places and areas that she knows well, in and out, because they are
familiar, comforting, soothing. so she makes it a habit - a funny quirk really - of
exploring her surroundings well enough that she knows the area like the back of her
paw. it gives her something to do, to block out the memories of the orphanages she
has been in, and let's her feel calmer and happier. she still occasionally struggles to
make journeys to unknown places, but for the most part she is working on that as
best as she can. one step at a time.

even with her anxiety, maxine is a ridiculously curious keldine, so she finds it difficult
to sit still when she knows that something - or someone - is about. due to her habit of
noting her surroundings well enough that they are inanely familiar, whenever
she comes across an object or a creature that is out of the ordinary, she has an
unquenchable desire to explore the object further, or to follow the creature and
study it.

in her latest adventure, she's stumbled across her new neighbour, who does
not appear to be a keldine at all. and she's squirming with curiosity, actually,
because - who on earth is he? who on earth has a fish-like tail, like they do?
and maybe - just maybe - could they be friends?

so, still slightly nervous, but ridiculously inquisitorial. perhaps being in the nature
has lessened the trauma and done her a world of good after all.

ImageImageImage

background / history:
maxine's mannerisms and quirks stem somewhat from being abandoned as a small keldine.
she does not like talking about her past, especially as it involved extensive moving about
from orphanage to orphanage, foster family to foster family, lost pup to lost home.

having experienced the life of someone who doesn't truly know who they are, where they
belong, what they should be doing, has made maxine into someone who is afraid of the
unknown - be it challenges, meeting new people, or just generally having fun. her habits
initially developed in the second orphanage she ever went to - her first one had overrun
with inhabitants, and newer, 'cuter' kids were given priority, even though the headmistress
was sad to see her go.

the second orphanage was full of scum. pups of all sorts of ages and behavioral tactics.
and it's where she had been bullied the worst. partly for being air-headed, dreamy, floaty.
partly for being so vibrantly coloured - and for the slightly wonky horn protruding from
her forehead. it's not like she could do anything about it - but all the other kids made
fun of her for it, calling it 'unnatural', 'unsightly', 'un-keldine'. and being rejected by
others of her kind - well, it's bound to do a number on anyone concerned.

and unfortunately, the experience permanently changed her. she was never the exact
same bouncy, happy pup she had originally been, in the first orphanage - having been
failed once already, what was the point in getting her heart broken again by the 'kind-
ness' of strangers? and so her face adopted a sad expression, and she grew nervous,
worrisome, fatigued - and, dare I say it - sad. she was so, so sad.

deep in her heart, she knows - or maybe hopes - that her parents didn't abandon her. she
knows that she was found in the middle of the forest, tucked away in a tree trunk that
had been gnawed away by beavers to create a small hole. perhaps the tree druids placed
her there. she isn't sure, but she desperately hopes for a found family. maybe it would
help her come out of her shell more.

for now she's content with the sound of the breeze tinkling little wheat strands together.
and perhaps that new neighbour of hers.

ImageImageImage

likes & dislikes:
♡ music, especially country and rock - such contrast!
♡ nature, painting, drawing
♡ meeting and caring for flora and fauna
♡ tulips, peonies, lilies
♡ rabbits, crows, grasshoppers, frogs

𝑥 oblivion, the unknown, vast spaces
𝑥 people in power
𝑥 change
𝑥 cacti - they're too prickly for her taste

ImageImageImage

theme song & explanation:
jolene - dolly parton
maxine finds herself relating a lot to this song - not because she has a man, god no! - but
because for her the song represents change coming along and plotting against whoever's
point of view ms dolly parton is singing from. she thinks it's a beautiful song that happens
to encapsulate her memories, moving from place to place, and the fact that her childhood
was stolen from her. whilst she is not exactly bitter as she was when she was younger, she
still holds a tiny bit of resentment for life spiralling out of control as it did. she still
somewhat hopes that maybe she will find her family one day - be it her biological parents,
or a new family.

other songs that she likes:
❀ ruby, don't take your love to town - kenny rodgers
❀ pretender - foo fighters
❀ hurt - johnny cash
❀ dinner & diatribes - hozier
❀ animal - miike snow

for someone who seems quite soft and introverted, her music taste is fairly varied, and
she admits that she does enjoy seeing others' reactions to her music - if she ever gets the
courage to hang out with someone that isn't, say, a frog, or a grasshopper.

ImageImageImage

favourite prose:
maxine thoroughly enjoys shakespeare, so anything from william is a yes! however, her
favourite prose or poetic piece is probably the one by william blake (another william!),
called the garden of love.

it's a beautiful piece that bears striking resemblance to the unfolding of maxine's own
life, despite being written about the industrial revolution, and some many hundreds of
years before her birth. she particularly likes the imagery that is used, and how strange
the assimilation of "chapel" is to her orphanage. a short, yet beautiful piece that strikes
the heart.

ImageImageImage

aesthetics:
if not evident already, Maxine is very big on flowers - she has a penchant for flower-pressing,
and finds it a very relaxing thing to do, especially when she gets stressed or anxious. by
far her favourite piece has had to be this one!

she also enjoys taking long walks, sunsets, and wind-chimes in the breeze.

credit for images - pixel flowers & borders; flower-pressing image; inspiration also taken from these pixel gifs xxx
Last edited by ahirked on Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: maxine

Postby avelynn » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:07 am

Congrats on getting the bean!
Hola! I'm Avelynn ☼
╔ ◦ ♔ ◦ ═════════════════════════╗
She/they | digital artist | king of adorableness

Image (Art by me!)

╚═════════════════════════ ◦ ♔ ◦ ╝

Get a custom emoji of your OC/Fursona here!
avelynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: maxine

Postby ahirked » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:09 am

Traumatized wrote:Congrats on getting the bean!

oh aw thank you!! aa ;v;
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me