Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

|| Halloween Event Workshop || - closed by corviidae

Based on Click to view
Artist corviidae [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 1
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

|| Halloween Event Workshop || - closed

Postby corviidae » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Welcome to our Halloween Workshop!

This year, we'll be seeing a lot of new faces as Simas gather to celebrate the halfway point towards the Winter Solstice. They're quite fond of celebrating it with treats and took to the concept of handing out candies to other Simas of all ages.

This year, we're welcoming more spooky (or not so spooky) friends to our mists in the form of MYOs! Everybody is free to make one, and only one. You will be using this MYO to trick-or-treat at our doors once the entire event opens. Post below if you'd like to be added! I will be adding people to this thread twice a day.

Before you start your MYO-- if you're new, please make sure to check out our main thread for edits and species rules! If you have any questions at all about edits or anything about the species, don't hesitate to ask! We don't bite. 🎃

Once your Sima is approved by me or one of the co-owners (Glispa or ravemn), you may use them for the upcoming event in two weeks.

MYO Creation Guidelines:

➸ MYO may have up to 3 uncommon edits and 3 common edits.
    > List the MYO's edits below its reference {in other words, on your post itself}.
    > Keep cosmetics that can be mistaken as edits to a minimum.
    > The jewel does not count towards the limit but must be no more than uncommon rarity.
    > Note; Dwarfism counts as an uncommon edit.

➸ You can choose between a mortal sima or one of our subspecies: reaper, ghoul or masquerade.
    > Masquerade Simas must have both forms complete before they'll be approved. "Mortal" form
    must have a customized mask.
    > Reapers are undead and therefore have transparency (10%-95% chickenpaint transparency)
    and a glowing jewel with a 'face' on it.
    > Ghouls are living and NOT transparent, but share the Reapers' other characteristics.
    > Mortal simas can have masks, but must be specified not to be a Masquerade Sima.

➸ Designs may be made off CS, but must be posted below for approval. Keep designs appropriate.

FORM FOR MYOS
Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]sima's name:[/b]
[b]sima's gender:[/b]
[b]personality snippet:[/b] (can be filled out at a later date if desired)

[b]edit list and rarities:[/b]
(note subspecies don't have a rarity, but should be labeled as 'gene')
[b]item(s) used:[/b]
[b]link to item archive:[/b] (if applicable)
Last edited by corviidae on Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

faq

Postby corviidae » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:02 am

Frequently Answered Questions

➸ How does the approval process work?
      > Once your MYO is finished and posted, we'll post below and slap it with approval!
      > If there are any issues, we will either post or DM you to notify you of it so it can be fixed ASAP.

➸ Can I have somebody make a MYO for me?
      > Yes! It's requested to respect what they may ask for in return, as it is their time you're asking for, but this is totally fine.

➸ Can I add other accessories to the MYO?
      > Yes! Just make sure you make an item-less reference if you do.

➸ How will archiving work?
      > corviidae must be approached when it comes to archiving these MYOs specifically.
      she'll be posting them as they're approved in our toyhou.se archives.

➸ What if we don't finish our MYO by October 1st?
      > That is totally fine! It will still be approved after that mark, but not after the event itself concludes.

➸ What are the subspecies exactly?
      > This is a bit of a loaded question, so I'll make sections below this answer.
      > Note that Reapers and Ghouls may pass their gene due to the curse laid upon them, but Masquerade Simas cannot pass their gene in the nursery.

REAPERS
      Reapers are harbingers of a Sima's life coming to an end. They guide their souls to their underworld and are doomed to be these gatekeepers for the entirety of their afterlife. Despite having lost their lives, their soul and built-in purpose keep them tangible and able to walk on the mortal realm with Simas. The face of their jewel foretells something about themselves more often than not, but may not always match their personality.

GHOULS
      Ghouls are the forerunner of the Reapers-- precursors to an afterlife doomed of reaping the souls of other Simas and guiding them from the mortal plane. They're living, but have the mark of a reaper- the jewel glows ominously with the face and reminds them of their soul, ensnared by otherworldly duty. When they pass away, they become the reaper.

MASQUERADES
      The Simas with no real name to them- other times called monsters, demons, or beasts. They are the result of souls from the underworld discovering a fabric in which they could escape the clutches of death and return to the mortal realm. They don't return as a Sima we once knew, but a twisted and more frightening looking version of what they used to be. Due to their supernatural ties, they have an inherent ability to transform and be able to look like a normal Sima- very often during the day they masquerade as what they used to be, but at night, the moon reveals their true nature. The reapers had been tasked to hunt these Simas and return them to the Underworld, and the Masquerade Simas learned to wield their shapeshifting to their advantage in order to hide their identities. They wear masks during the day to ward off reapers who may recognize their facial features.

After the initial month of civil war due to their escape, they won their freedom and were able to keep their ability to walk on the mortal realm with the rest of the species. While still taboo and terrifying in appearance at night, most are personable and friendly- albeit a little touchy about their escape if they were one of the many that slipped out of the other realm.

➸ Can we use items on our MYOs?
      > Yes! Only items up before this event, though. No new items until the event is over.
      > you may not use purchased edits or other MYOs to stack on.
      > if you use any of your items, you need to have your item archive linked so we can look and approve. Once it's approved, you post on the archive update thread with the Halloween MYO you used it on where Gallifrey can see it was approved.

➸ Does the MYO have to be themed around spooky/Halloween?
      > Not at all. Use this as an excuse to make the MYO you've been dreaming of.

➸ Do edits on the Masquerade forms have to be the same across the board?
      > Nope. It's pretty flexible. For example, if you have ram horns on the mortal form but not on the masquerade form, that's totally fine. It doesn't have to line up since it's a facade form they're putting on.

➸ Can I have any of the horns/spikes on the Masquerade form be broken?
      > I'd advise against making every single one completely broken, maybe cracked if you'd like, but like a missing limb of that nature it should have a story behind it. In other words, as long as you have a vague idea of what happened and don't go overboard, it would be alright.

➸ What are the guidelines for Masquerade masks and design?
      > The mask can be designed however you wish, as long as it covers the eyes.
      > The form shifting can allow for minor design alterations, such as tone lightening/darkening and very slight marking alterations. Try to keep it the same Sima, in other words. You don't want it to look like a totally different Sima.

[NEW] How does edit passing work in the nursery with Masquerades?
      > The edits that come with a Masquerade's transformation (mane, sclera, pupils, double tail, massive claws, horns and floating jewel), and any standalone edits only appearing on the night form, cannot pass unless it is present on the standard form.
      > In other words, unless the Masquerade Sima has an edit on their day form that remains when transforming, their edits cannot pass due to the supernatural origin of this form.
Last edited by corviidae on Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:26 am, edited 11 times in total.
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

WORKSHOP VOLUNTEERS + OFFSITE MYOS

Postby corviidae » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:53 am

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

VOLUNTEERS FOR MYOS

These kind people have volunteered to help make MYOs for those who aren't able to make one themselves! Just shoot them a DM!

geck0
      > done off-oekaki only

OFFSITE MYO TRACKER

- Seventeen -
x post - ref 1 & ref 2 x

owned by Prince Audric

- Nostromo -
x post - ref 1 & ref 2 x

owned by LumosElm

- Codrillo -
x post - ref 1 & ref 2 x

owned by bakuraas.

- Koto -
x post - ref 1 x

owned by Gallifrey

- Billy-Jean -
x post - ref 1 x

owned by hoglolly

Last edited by corviidae on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:08 am, edited 8 times in total.
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: || Halloween Event Workshop ||

Postby corviidae » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:17 am

this is now open! go ham my friends!
I'll be adding people throughout today since it's the first day, then will fall into a more balanced schedule.
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: || Halloween Event Workshop || - OPEN

Postby Ravendarus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:22 am

omg I can't wait may I be added ahhh
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby valiant-quest » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:24 am

I'd like to be added!

✩ Hi, I'm Quest! ✩
he/knight
toyhousedappervolkFR
valiant-quest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:25 am

omg may i be added too? *w*
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherryfreeze » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:25 am

excite! may i also be added?
ImageImageImage

If you Steal my ocs, or think its fun and quirky to steal them, I'll come steal you kneecaps as payment thanks <3
Cherryfreeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fugitive » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 am

so excited eeeeeee <333
    may I be added? c: