Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

It's who you are. by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

It's who you are.

Postby Swirlshine » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:06 pm

This piece took forever, but man, was it fun to do. And I really love the result. ;-; I didn't actually plan to make this so detailed... or super detailed at all, at that... but I got the urge to go further and I let myself go with it. Also, YAY, Haven's first official piece of art!! <3

I'll be straightforward - this was partly made to experiment with backgrounds more, but it was also made to be vent art as well. Haven's my vent/confort OC, so that's why she appears here. Don't worry, I'm fine - nothing super bad is going on in my life or anything! I've just been feeling kinda down lately since I've been stuck at home so much this summer. Just makes me have days where I feel super restless and... idk, like I'm just wasting my summer and a part of my life away by sitting in the same old place. I absolutely HATE feeling like I've been unproductive for too long - and doing small productive things only gives me temporary satisfaction. I've been practicing stuff, I've been drawing, I've cleaned, but it's still not enough. I want to find some new things to do to entertain myself, but I also just haven't been motivated to do too much lately, which just adds to the worry that I'm wasting valuable time. I know self-care is important... but if I'm being honest, this doesn't feel like that anymore - it feels like I'm just simply being lazy. And I DO want to do things... but I want to do things that require getting out of the house and having fun, seeing new things, travelling! But that's all kinda tough with the issues in the world rn. Idk, my thoughts are going all over the place and this is probably a mess, but basically I just need to find a way to do something more so that maybe, just maybe, I'll finally be satisfied with where I am. Here's hoping! ^^'

Anywho, uh, I don't really have much else to say! Haven, the character shown in the art (btw, I hope it's okay to post this in Landscapes/Scenery, even if there's a character shown!) , is my OC, and the quote at the top is from the song Buy The Stars by Marina and the Diamonds! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: It's who you are.

Postby maesal » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:38 pm

its really cute!
maesal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: It's who you are.

Postby Swirlshine » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:04 pm

Itz_Lubblez wrote:its really cute!

Thank you! ;-; <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me