Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Happy Bday Adam! by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Happy Bday Adam!

Postby Swirlshine » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Whew! Got this one out just in time!! I would have loved to work more on this and make it even more detailed, but unfortunately I don't have time as I'll be leaving on a trip without Internet tomorrow. ;-;

Anywho, here's some bday art for Adam Young, aka one of my favorite people on the planet (and my "celebrity" crush... BUT I WON'T GET INTO THAT) !! Seriously, if you've never heard any of his songs (he's Owl City), you're missing out, because WOW IS IT BEAUTIFUL. Never heard a single song by him that I didn't like!! The music is super unique, his vocals are amazing, and the lyrics he comes up with are so perfectly thoughtful and imaginative.
Past his music, though, it's clear to see what a good, kind, and positive person he is. He has such strong faith - in what he believes in and in the people of this world, even as crazy as it is today - and always makes sure to appreciate all of the beauty around him. He's mature, yet loves to joke around and have fun as well. He's always kind and polite to everyone he meets, and he's not afraid to simply be himself no matter what. I could go on and on and ON about every little thing I love about this incredible guy, but to keep this short, I'm gonna end this by saying that I hope that such a wonderful person had a birthday worthy of him! Happy birthday Adam!! Love you dude. Listened to 5th Of July today to celebrate c;

As for the art, I don't know how I feel about the words... I may end up deleting them for the version I post on Instagram. Also, I TOTALLY didn't draw bushes in the foreground because I didn't want to draw arms and stuff... ahahaha... why would you say that?!
Oh, and the butterfly is supposed to represent beautiful, imaginative, magical things - you know, the vibes that Owl City music give off! Also a bit of a nod to Rainbow Veins and Butterfly Wings as well. c;
Man though, good to see for myself that my headshots have improved over the years!! <3

Timer is correct, and the one shown in the art is Adam Young! OH, and here's my ref pic!
Happy bday again my guy! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Happy Bday Adam!

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:04 pm

Swirl I love this too much for words aaaahhh!!
Adam is just a great human in general, and I absolutely adore your art, I swear you improve with every single drawing <3
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

💚my art💚💚cool playlist💚💚youtube💚💚artfight💚

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Happy Bday Adam!

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:49 am

ACK this is so good ashkjdsahdaskjd i'll never understand how you draw so well, seriously o.o
The butterfly looks so pretty as well!! <33
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me