Doggo tips by Ki-Mono

Based on Click to view
Artist Ki-Mono [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Doggo tips

Postby Ki-Mono » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:46 am

My version of this Red-line. Be sure to check out Pleasing Smoke's version as well!

For the head, there are actually very small changes you can make in order to make it look nicer. Bring in the bottom jaw, so it's more inward then the upper jaw. The eye will be placed aright around where the muzzle becomes the forehead. From this point of view, the eye is a triangle shape and will be close to the front of the face. The jawline will line up with the base of the ear, the ear itself should be more cone-shaped if they are to stand up like that. Lately, the neck is pretty thick on a dog. It always extends straight from the back of the head. Round it off a bit under the muzzle instead of a straight line.

Paws are mainly just a bunch of cycles surrounded by fur. Simply make the round cycles in the shape they need to be and fill up the dead space with fur. Add a thumb higher up if you want to be more anatomically correct.

For the leg, instead of making a general shape with a little "nub" coming out of it. Try and focus on the anatomy of the leg, and give each section it's proper space. Basically, just make the shapes more defined. For this, I simply recommend looking at reference pictures and practicing until you are more comfortable.

References: x x x x
Ki-Mono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me