Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

.:||:. The Hidden Glade .:||:. - CLOSED by corviidae

Based on Click to view
Artist corviidae [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

.:||:. The Hidden Glade .:||:. - CLOSED

Postby corviidae » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:05 pm

-- Main Thread -- Glade Lore & Bauble Stand -- Bug-Catching -- Arts & Crafts --
-- Honeycomb Shop -- Ancient Scroll -- Glade Raffle --

Summer arrived in all of its glory. Fields and crops around the lands began to flourish from July showers, climbing into the sky and spreading lush along the ground. The morning after the Summer Equinox, a young kit emerged from the forest outskirts to join the buzz of activity among the tribes of Simas who gathered during the Equinox to celebrate the seasonal change. This kit didn't arrive with empty paws, though. She came with stories.

Odd stories about a mysterious tribe in the woods who planned some sort of festival. The kit sang of tiny kits who never grew up and Simas with strange jewels never seen before, who looked after both their own kits and the eternally youthful. The kit's stories were met with perked ears and intrigue, as well as slight unease. She mentioned in a broken singsong of a sentence that the enigmatic community had extended an invitation to the other tribes. They tentatively send a couple of Simas to join the kit to investigate.

The band of Simas broke into a trot next to the kit as she led them into the forest line, hopping over gnarled roots- the petite kit darted beneath them like a mouse. Branches snapped beneath their paws and the forest stretched ahead of them, becoming increasingly dense with twisting undergrowth the deeper they ventured. As they began having second thoughts trying to navigate the untamed vegetation, the kit disappeared beneath the surface of a cluster of ivy and brambles. The forest began a steep, abrupt descent. A couple of them started down, but one Sima behind them slipped and sent them all careening down the hill through the thick bushes that blanketed the forest floor.

The Sima who tripped earned a glare before they all stood up and shook the burrs and leaves off of their hides. The bush they crash-landed into had intertwined with multiple others, but ahead a gap in the branches promised a way out. They took turns edging their way out through the thick brush and emerged in a hollow. Ahead, the child's eyes lit up and she continued leading the way down the bush-flanked hollow and straight into an arch. It was made of stone and stood higher than any normal Sima could reach, laden with moss. A cobblestone pathway began beneath it, encroached on by brush growing into the path. Tufts of fur had caught on the stray twigs in the way; other Simas had been through here recently.

Before they could follow the kit in, a looming rose-colored Sima emerged from the brush with his hackles raised. His red eyes pierced the visitors and his tail raised, revealing the foreign jewel that the kit had spoken of.

" Outsiders...It is a privilege for you to be here. We live on sacred land, and it demands respect if you wish for Nethimir's mercy. If you're here to observe our festivities and way of life, you may enter. " He growled. The guardian's ears twitched as he returned behind bushes with a sweep of his tail. The Simas curiously watched and hesitantly made their way after him one by one.

The small group emerged into a large glade. The sun filtered through the trees and the soft sound of bees busily collecting nectar from flowers nearby filled the air. Little huts were built around the glade and a square sat in the middle of the glade where kits frolicked and some adult Simas prepared for their upcoming festival. Throughout the glade there were market stands and workshops, holding trinkets and even what appeared to be a future raffle. A small group of Simas stalked into view bringing back an elk they hunted down for supper. The Glade buzzed with a kind of life that felt warm and detached from the troubles beyond the wilds.

Now, to retrieve the rest of their own party and join in on the festival.

As the sizable tribe re-entered the Glade, they were once again stopped by the rosy pink Sima. He showed no fear of the large group, sitting in front of them as they emerged in the Glade with his ears swiveled back. He's obviously very protective of his home.

" If you have hope of staying for long, you must become familiar with the rules of our tribe. "

II------------- { Rules and Guidelines } -------------II

• Our event currency is Honeycomb. It's important to keep them on hand for the store at the end of
    the event, or for adopts that demand honeycomb.

• Artists may take into account the number of simas you won in this event when judging competitions later into
    the event, depending on the nature of the competition.

• All Simas and items obtained in this event cannot be bred, traded, gifted or anything of the sort until our
    event is over and the archiving is caught up. Doing so anyway will earn you a warning.
      - Note, if the artist is documenting winnings during a stream game, then it is possible to trade. Only during this
      period, though.

• Artists may not be in calls during the join.me / discord stream games unless it can include everybody in the stream,
    or if it doesn't include anyone playing the game. Hide items/currency under the tiles only this year.

• At the end of the event, selected hosts will be going up for adoption. You may only win one of these hosts.

• Users may only win one of each legendary item and one of each limited item- and if you already
    got one or both, you can't buy that specific item in shop. The raffle doesn't count towards this in case you happen
    to win something nice.

• Any suspicions of bias should be reported to corviidae, or one of the other two admins
    (Glispa and ravemn).

___

The mantid-like Sima pricked his ears as a small kit approached him, demanding that he must join her to look at her art and craft stand. He reluctantly agreed and stood up, following the kit deeper into the clearing. The band of Simas split up to explore the Glade, earning cautious but friendly looks from some of the Glade's residents.
Last edited by corviidae on Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:05 am, edited 30 times in total.
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

who are you?

Postby corviidae » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 am

As they reached the square, multiple Simas glanced up from their preparations and games. Most smiled, but some showed wariness and didn't interact. A small violet-colored Sima, however, showed great interest. She stood up from preparing a flower crown and trotted up to the group. The tribe became increasingly aware of her tiny stature as she approached until she stood in front of them. She looked like one of their own kits, but smaller. She hadn't grown into her poofy fur, and her ears were folded against her head. Her stubby tail quivered in greeting and she smiled up at the group, showing great compassion and warmth for her size.

" Hiya! I'm Valerian. I hope that Lachesis didn't give you a hard time. He isn't used to our community being so open. Our ceremonies are usually private. " She explained, startling the Simas that expected the voice of a kit. She was the tiniest dwarf they have ever seen. Before anyone could speak, she continued. " You're just in time for it, this year! We set up an entire festival in honor of our mother, Nethimir. Have you heard of her? "

A couple of Simas with the power of nature nodded, and Valerian's gaze lit up and her fur raised like a bird shaking out their feathers. " Great! I figured some of you would. If you'd like to learn more about our celebration, feel free to join my stand! We're going to introduce ourselves more and give out baubles! The baubles are all entirely voluntary I assure you- some of my friends were very interested in you outsiders. "

Who are you people?
Last edited by corviidae on Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:21 am, edited 17 times in total.
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Honeycomb Shop

Postby Glispa » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:26 am

You notice something a fair bit away from the main festivities, the movement of a lone sima alongside what seems to be an deliberate set up. Even if you from this distance can't entirely make out what exactly it is clearly. One of the host for the festivities seem to notice your confusion simply stating how that's "The Honeycomb Shop".

II---{Investigate the shop}---II
Last edited by Glispa on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Let's Get Creative

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:31 am

While walking through the glade, you notice a small sima fluttering about, handing out small, paw-painted fliers. Her paws are covered in teal paint as well, staining her cream fur. Upon noticing you she immediately flies over and holds out one of the fliers for you to read.
"Why don't you stop by the arts and crafts booth? I'm really proud of it!"

Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I like bugs.

Postby FluffyTheUnicorn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:32 am

You explore the Glade, looking at all the games and activities. While looking around a random resident of the Glade recommends heading towards a certain section of the glade as there is a activity that has been set up by a rather overly energetic sima named 'Tawny'

> Head over there? <
Last edited by FluffyTheUnicorn on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
FluffyTheUnicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hidden Garden

Postby ravemn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:39 am

Click on Harv to enter in the raffle!! Join us for the chance at some sweet items!
Last edited by ravemn on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
ravemn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Ancient Scroll

Postby Gallifrey » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:57 am

*You enter to see a small yellow and white sima pacing excitedly, a small scroll clutched in her paw. A bee-colored teacup seems to be following after her and speaking words you cannot quite hear. Upon moving closer, the scroll sima turns excitedly and walks over, presenting her record excitedly and opening it as a lovely song, although a bit strange, begins flowing from her lips. The teacups flutters over over shortly after, stepping over to stand beside her and offering to translate for the strange sima.*

Image Image

^ Click the two bouncing simas for the event archive. ^

“Hello, hello, It’s me, Fuyu! I shall write, a little scroll, to record the historyyyyy!”

"This is our dear friend Fuyu, she's been given the honor of recording our history from this point forward."

"Welcome to the world!"

"Welcome to the Archives."

"I am the keeeeeper, of a noble history. One might won-der whyyyyy, I have been graanted this quest.

"She keeps our story in line, I wonder why Nethmir granted her this quest."

"Welll you seee, they have they have chosennnnn me, I am the keeeeper. The keeeeper today.

She's the keeper of the scroll. I just help write it and translate for her."

*Fuyu holds up a little scroll and a sign that says "Hello" with a hand drawn smiley face and a little scroll on it.*

"A record is written, lost to historyyy, I-I hold the keyyyy."

Last edited by Gallifrey on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Gallifrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Item Information

Postby corviidae » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 pm

II------------- { Item Information } -------------II

Throughout the event, you're going to see numerous items being given out. Below will be all the items
you'll either run into in designated games, board games, or you might even win in our raffle!

Our Honeycomb Shop host has them located in their inventory, so you'll learn the nitty-gritty of how to use them
as you are given the chance to purchase them later.

II--------------------------------------- { Standard Items } ---------------------------------------II

Insect Antennae
[common]
Adds up to four insect-antennae-like whiskers to your Sima [option of either the butt,
just below the jewel guard, or the head]

Actual Fleas
[common]
Changes your Sima’s blood colour

Ladybird Beetle
[common]
Gives your Sima spot markings

Lizard Shed
[uncommon]
Smooths out a Sima’s neck fur

Bee Fuzz
[uncommon]
Adds fluff to a Sima’s ankles or chest/neck

Leaking Honey Jar
[uncommon]
Makes a Sima’s jewel leak goo [however, it must be a color already existing on the Sima’s jewel]

Firefly Jar
[rare]
Gives a Sima the Firefly jewel

Tattered Bee Wing
[rare]
Gives a Sima chibi insect wings

Shiny Flower Nectar
[limited]
gives a gen one sima the new limited flower jewel and changes the color to one of the limited
jewel's main three colors.

Tattered Butterfly Wing
[legendary]
Gives a sima legendary insect wings, any type of insect wing is fine but it must be insect wings

II--------------------------------------- { Teacup Items } ---------------------------------------II

Flower Petals
[common]
Gives a sima flower or leaf like marking on their body

Morning Dew
[common]
Change a Sima’s sclera color to a color of your choice [affects both eyes]

Prickly Vine
[common]
Changes a Sima’s eyes and jewel to green

Mysterious Spores
[uncommon]
Change your Sima’s pupils to a flower-like shape, leaf-shape or more like multiple dots

Pokey Brambles
[uncommon]
Gives your Sima uncommon sized claws

Golden Buttercup
[uncommon]
Guarantees a kit with an uncommon mutation in your Sima’s next litter

Enormous Dandelion
[rare]
[Will remove dwarfism from a sima of any age. For teacups, the sima must
be under 12 weeks old]

Luminous Lily
[rare]
Removes a Sima’s cooldown between breedings [Note that this cannot be reused and can
only be used on one Sima]

Crystallized Tree Sap
[limited]
Guarantees a kit in a litter will be a teacup, must be used with a nursery ticket, and will
only be accepted by artists who do teacup rolls.

Magic Sprout
[legendary]
Gives a sima without a green jewel legendary plant growth on their body.

II--------------------------------------- { Raffle-Only Item } ---------------------------------------II

Nethimir's Blessing
[M]

The nature deity herself has bestowed a gift upon your Sima. May you display your beauty in
the shape or form of your desire. [ Gives your Sima an edit that can change shape in different
seasons- meaning, a second form they can shift into. It must not be drastically different from their original
form and must have some sort of nature aspect to it. You're allowed only one additional form.
]

II--------------------------------------- { ---------------------- } ---------------------------------------II
Last edited by corviidae on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me