Sima NB#100- winners by corviidae

Based on Click to view
Artist corviidae [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sima NB#100- winners

Postby corviidae » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:30 pm

NOTE: this contest will take a bit longer for me to judge at this time due to being busy and some stress IRL. I will get to this as soon as possible, please be patient. -- 7/30/2020

From deep below the crust of the sword mammals' planet emerges an unfamiliar face.

Jewels jut from their body and ward off their natural predators and their teeth are mutated into the
same material their jewels consist of. Every inch of their bones are made of solid jewel as strong as diamonds.

Simas could never grasp the energy channeling through a Jewel Eater's veins and quake upon the sight of one.

- ref w/ background -

VRASKA RU -- BREADO RU

Welcome everybody! This is our first 100's Sima since our reopening! I can't believe Simas are over 7 years old now!

This time, I'm giving Jewel Eaters a little bit of a spotlight. Read more on the subspecies here!

edits;;
[c]: | sclera | small fangs | small claws | hair edit
[uc]:| pearl jewel | minor eye edit {sees in the dark} |
[r]: n/a
[L]: | custom gem horns |
[NR]: jewel eater gene {bones made of jewel, jewel bones jut from the body and are expressed through teeth and claws}
Wields the element of fire

Contest Rules;;
- special Nursery 100's vs Main Adopt 100's have separate counters. You may only own one for right now.
- This contest will likely have at least two judges since this is, for now, a small community.
- Keep the contest PG for ChickenSmoothie.
- There will be one or possibly two runner ups, and honorable mentions may get Sima coins.
- This is an unlimited impress me competition, and I prefer quality over quantity.
- REQUIRED COMPONENTS: username, sima's name + gender. Parents are not required this time.

This contest will have three different types of prompts that you may interpret as you wish. All will be equally considered!
Please only pick one prompt.

1. A rabbit among wolves.

2: Nothing you've ever known.

3: Under the bed of comfort lurks temptation.

any questions can be dmed to me on Discord {Sen#8143} or pmed to me on CS. Good luck everyone.

ENDS 7/15/2020 11:59pm PST
Last edited by corviidae on Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:59 am, edited 8 times in total.
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby corviidae » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:57 am

res
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sima NB#100- OPEN

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:05 am

mark !! lmk if i shouldnt post yet ;w;

Postby corviidae » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:05 am

posting is okay! <3
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherryfreeze » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:11 am

Username: cherryfreeze
Name:Periculum (danger in latin)
Personality: periculum is very Naive and curious, with a learned cautiousness as she makes her way through the world, and without many adult caregivers in her life, shes grown to be rather wild, and is very childish despite her misfortunes. She is always in want of physical affection, but wary enough to not beg or whine for it. shes rather quiet and overthinks many things that arent inherently needed for outright surviving.
Prompt: a rabbit among wolves-

The first thing that Periculum could ever recall from her even younger days was that there were many others, some siblings, other simply caregivers. Always a group surrounding or nearby her. The next was that it was dark and smelled rather earthy, as though the Many lived like a colony of ants, which perhaps they did way back then. Soon those she knew began to become fewer until a small crew remained. She had little time to wonder why, was she was thrown above, where it was brighter, and so much more overwhelming. she could only cry softly as she wondered what she did wrong, wishing and craving for the safety and comfort that the Many used to bring her. Periculum wandered this new strange territory, hiding in the shade the big odd roots with large groups of tiny moss bunches gave off. She hadnt realized she was in a claimed area of something much larger than she was.
Periculum was looking for something to fill her stomach, but nothing in the bright was satisfying to her, though she kept trying things to at least fill her belly. It was as she had found some small squishy not gems that stained her dark fur with its juice. In her distraction a large form snuck up on the little jewel eater with a feral grin. "oh how the goddess smiles upon me this day, for i have found a little rabbit~" The deep rumble had her tensing and turning slowly, only to come snout to snout to a larger, Adult Jewel Eater, looking rather thin and bony. The larger sima advanced and Periculum was off like a shot to find a small nook to hide in to evade the large hunter, the Wolf so he could not eat her.
As Periculum was but a kit, small and unknowing of the world and its heirarchy, she did not know to leave the Hunters claimed space. Within days, the chase grew more perilous, As The Adult and brought his friends, or subordinates along to help him hunt her down, a Pack of Gem-Hungry wolves, playing chase to to the small rabbit running kit., Terrified for her life and doing the only thing she knew how to do, Survive. She got better as the weeks passed, and she was able to steal from the Crazed jewel eaters meager gem stash to keep up her strength, though she knew sooner or later she would need to leave.

All art by me, if the art fits the personality, the winner may have my art
Last edited by Cherryfreeze on Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
Cherryfreeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember the Wolf » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:13 am

Res

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DeviantArt
YouTube
Commisions

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Main characters
My simas

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Sima adopts
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Ember the Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔩𝔡𝔢𝔡 𝔒𝔫𝔢

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:20 am

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔩𝔡𝔢𝔡 𝔒𝔫𝔢

================
Sindri
'sparkling'

he/him/his

Loki
adoptive mother

================

Is it possible to deny one's instincts, to be greater than a primal urge or nagging thought? To keep oneself under control, harmless, loved, and yet stay true to one's ancestry and heritage?

These questions, for Sindri, were on his mind daily.

Lurking in the deep darkness of caves, the young orphan had spent his early days alone, forsaken by his mother's tribe, driven out as soon as he could walk by anyone he might have called kin. He wandered the caverns in pure darkness, lingering, learning, and waiting. What he waited for he didn't know, but still, he waited.

Nameless and lost, he lived out his days in a cave nearer the surface than most of his kind dared venture, to avoid the territory of those who did not react pleasantly to outsiders, especially of small - and therefore weak - nature.

𝓕𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓛𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

Days in the caves were cold and dark. Sindri spent his time chipping away at rocks for the sweet ores hidden within the walls, skipped over by ancestors long-forgotten in their journey to the dwelling of those who called themselves Jewel Eaters.

Then, one day, Sindri dared venture closer to the surface at the sound of paws moving quietly through the caves there. He lingered in the shadows, sniffing the air, drooling at the sweet scent of gemstone. Hunger clawed at his belly, and he stalked the creature that smelled so delicious.

He had never ventured this close to the surface before, and was at once frightened and delighted as tracking the creature led him out into a place so bright it made his eyes burn, but so beautiful he didn't care. Stretching out before him was a world he didn't have the words to describe, with so many strange colors, shapes, and creatures to hear, see, and smell!

It was so much to take in that he forgot why he had ventured out in the first place, until a creature very similar to himself approached him.

"Are you lost, little one?"

𝓐 𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮

Sindri had not known that words could be gentle until he met her. No one had ever treated him with kindness in the few small encounters he'd had with others during his young life.

After he'd entered the world of brightness that was the surface, Sindri had attached easily to the female creature, who had a jewel at the end of her tail and a similar body structure to his kind, but did not have the massive spikes adults of his heritage had. To him, still just a kit, these facts mattered little. She was gentle and kind.

She fed him a meal of fire-roasted meat from some strange creatures she called birds, and after spending time with her, he refused to part from her side when she started to leave. The caves had always been his home, but they were cold, damp, and dark. She could show him a world of brightness, and warmth, and color. He wanted to experience these things, to know what it was to live outside of the caves.

And so, the female took him to her small home. It was a simple hut in the forest, only a few rooms large, and littered with various strange objects he'd never seen nor heard of, but he liked it very much.

This female, who had introduced herself as 'Loki', taught him many things in the time he spent with her. He learned to speak with the kind tone she bore, and read, and write, as she said all other kits his age did. She even gave him his name, after weeks of him being in her company.

Sindri. He quite liked the name, although he didn't know where it came from or what it meant. But the way she said it, with warmth and kindness, made it feel special.

As weeks turned into months, he began to see her as something more than just a companion, or even a friend. She, who was much older and wiser than he, became the mother he'd never known. She made sure he was always safe at night, tucked up nicely in a little bed after a hot dinner, and she also made sure he had plenty of rocks and gems to munch on for snacks whenever he got a craving for them.

Sindri's life seemed, in those days with Loki, as close to perfect as they could get.

𝓘𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓽 𝓐𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷𝓼

The more time Sindri spent in the care of his adoptive mother, the greater his craving for gemstones became. The sweet smell of her jewel would taunt him whenever she was near, and he found himself stalking her as she did work around the house when he wasn't busy.

By the time he was a teenager, he was already as big as she was, and he knew with the same certainty that he knew his own name that he could take her down in a fight if he tried. His instincts gnawed at his mind, driving him wild with each little thought.

How could he do what every part of him screamed to? She had raised him since he was young, so young he barely remembered life before Loki rescued him in the caves. She was his mother, his guiding light in life. And yet...

Always, temptation lurked. Aching hunger, pounding blood, rushing adrenaline.

"Sindri?"

He snapped his head up at her voice and wiped drool away from his mouth with a paw.

"I'm fine, Mom."

At least he hoped he was.

Coding by Weeping_Angel }Y{
Art references: X, X
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:14 am, edited 13 times in total.
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vraska the Unseen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:23 am

╔═════════════╗

S T A T I S T I C S

|L O Y A L T Y⠀(9/10)
|K I N D N E S S⠀(6/10)
|S T R E N G T H⠀(9/10)
|C O M P A S S I O N⠀(7/10)
|G E N E R O S I T Y⠀(3/10)
|S P E E D⠀(8/10)
|H E A L T H⠀(10/10)
|L E A D E R S H I P⠀(9/10)
|H O N E S T Y⠀(6/10)
|P O W E R⠀(8/10)
|B R A V E R Y⠀(8/10)
|C O N C E N T R A T I O N⠀(7/10)
|D E F E N C E⠀(6/10)
|C O N F I D E N C E⠀(7/10)
|C O - O R D I N A T I O N⠀(7/10)
|E N D U R A N C E⠀(9/10)
|A G I L I T Y⠀(6/10)

╚═════════════╝

╔═════════════╗

A B O U T

|N A M E⠀Astaroth
|N I C K N A M E⠀Astar, Little Rabbit
|P R E F E R R E D⠀N A M E⠀Astaroth
|M Y U S E R⠀Vraska the Unseen

|R E A L A G E⠀19
|A G A A P E E A R E N C E⠀10
|B I R T H D A Y⠀10/31
|H E I G H T⠀Seven foot five
|G E N D E R⠀Male

|S C E N T⠀Lavander and stone
|T H E M E⠀Run Rabbit
|A E S R H E T I C⠀Goth cottegecore
|B U I L D⠀Small, lean
|A T T I T U D E⠀Calm
|S T A B I L I T Y⠀Stable
|P H O B I A S⠀Spiders, slimey things

|M O O D⠀Indifferent
|E X P R E S S I V E N E S S Fairly expressive
|A L L I G N M E N T⠀Chaotic Neutral

|+ T R A I T S⠀Dutiful, loyal
|- T R A I T S⠀Brash, liar
|F E A R S⠀Loosing his power
|S T R E N G T H S⠀Hunting, ruling
|L I K E S⠀Emerald, warm light
|D I S L I K E S⠀Rose quartz, still water

|N O T E S⠀WINNER MAY NOT KEEP MY ART

╚═════════════╝

H I S T O R Y

You know that saying, "Throw me to the wolves, I'll come back leader of the pack"? That's kind of what happened to me. I was born to two completely normal parents, happy parents but they weren't necessarily the best Simas. My father was cutthroat business man and my mother came from newer, tainted money. They were odd people, coming from new blood that seemed to just appear. Other Simas looked at they with slight fear but oh how their silver tongues pulled them in, granted them friends and power the likes that even now I can't imagine ever holding. Though there was still the overpowering note that something was particularly wrong in our home, what with all the... softened or ground jewels we ate. I'm not saying they weren't good parents, I was meant to be their heir and I was spoiled in the time they kept me. Lavish parties, good food, anything my little heart wanted, and the best schools. I was raised a rabbit, and when I was very young my parents took me cave exploring. Oh how fun it was, how strange the Simas with jewels that resembled Geodes... At least the trip was wonderful until we discovered Simas as big as us, and... oddly hungry as us. We were fine with them, I even befriended a few little ones that were around my age and played with them. We stayed in the caves as planned with our vacation party for a long while, a small cane-in having trapped us for the time being but we had plenty of food and fresh water. Slowly we explored these massive, shiny Sima's home, finding out that they... Had no special underground farms or little critters to harvest. That's when our party began to go missing, first with the ones nobody would notice then the tour guide. I noticed from the beginning, I think my parents noticed too and just didn't say anything to keep my little self calm. The party seemed to grow worried, but simply assumed that the missing members vanished down the massive maze of tunnels and caverns, looking for and finding a way out. Our numbers dwindled, my new friends coming to play less and less until one day I heard the whisperings, soft and absolutely haunting. "Run rabbits, run... run... run." They said, bouncing off of the walls in a soft melody that sent a chill down my spine. I couldn't follow the melody, my instincts driving me to bold down the nearest cavern with my heart pounding in my chest. My parents didn't follow, and I couldn't fathom why until I could hear their voices join in on the melody. Mom had a clearly identifiable tone and so did dad, one high and smooth like the sound of wind chimes and the other deep and warm like honey. I still didn't turn around, I ran until I came upon the cave-in and managed to squeeze into a crevice before a few Simas with brown jewels came through the rubble. I still didn't come out, watching as they ventured into the melody bouncing off of the walls never to return. My parent's voices no longer bounced with the others, I couldn't hear them and would never learn where they vanished to.

I stayed hidden until my stomach screamed at me, crawling from my hidden nook and journeying down the darkened cavern with my ears pinned t the back of my head. Lost I lifted my glittering gaze to the darkness, opening my dry maw ti call out for my parents but only my own scared voice echoed back. At some point I could hear footsteps behind me, but every time I turned to look there was absolutely nothing there. Finally, after what seemed like forever I came upon out long empty camp, digging water out of my family tent and guzzling a whole bottle before I realized I was drinking too fast. Unfortunately none of our food seemed to be left, leaving me to dig through other tents until I actually heard footsteps. With my head snapping upward and my ears pinning themselves to my skull I eyed the source, a terrifying yet beautiful sight; A sima with a skull for a face, a glittering, beautiful skull and bones made of the same material jutting from their sides. They chuckled but their chest never moved and their mouth never opened even when they spoke. "You run and scavenge like a rabbit little one... You are a wolf, you know this do you not?" His voice was scratchy, wheezing and in between high and deep. I rapidly shook my head, slipping my paws back in fear while continuing to growl... Until the strange thing held up a gem, offering it to me. It smelled so sweet, like my favorite drink and candy put together. They must have noticed the look in my eyes, because they chuckled again. "You are a wolf, deep down little rabbit... Come join the pack." They tossed the gem to me, and I hesitantly took it only to gobble it rather quickly. When they turned to leave, long tail dragging against the floor, rounded jewel hitting the rocks gently. I don't know why, but I followed him deeper into the caves.

We walked for what seemed like days to me, my belly growling softly as it wasn't quite full but also wasn't quite empty. He didn't seem to acknowledge this, and I couldn't necessarily tell if the hauntingly beautiful creature before me was looking at me unless he turned that glittering skull towards me. Finally, with aching paws, we came upon a massive cavern decorated in impossibly large glittering gems, my jaw gaping and that odd but now oh so familiar chuckle echoing in my head. "Ah little rabbit you've entered a den of wolves... What ever shall we do with you?" The strange Sima turned, facing me fully only to sit with a filter head and his too long tail draped delicately over his paws. I shuffled mine, nervously shifting my gaze to my shuffling feet. With another chuckle the Sima shook his head, stretching slowly while he did. "I suppose we can start with names, yes?" He paused while I noded, I'm not sure how he saw me nod or even knew where he was going, he had no eyes, but not long after he continued. "My name is Typhon. I'm essentially the shaman of these caves, and these Simas. I commune with our spirits, our ancestors and those that guide them." He nodded again, almost like a sage. "What's your name, little rabbit?" It took me a moment before I could reply, slowly opening my maw to speak. "Astaroth..." My tone was very soft, just above a whisper while my gaze remained glued to the ground. "A fine name for a fine man. Come, Astaroth. I'll teach you the ways of the wolf."

Teach Typhon did. He taught me how to be who I am, how to navigate the caves and how to hunt. I learned slowly but efficiently, growing physically, mentally, and spiritually. I eventually made friends with the kits I played with at the base camp, growing and learning alongside them. But as all good things must do, our friendship came to an end the day ranking trials set the clock in motion for what I would eventually become. The day was particularly cold, I remember that feeling well. The bite of stone slick with ice against my hardened pawpads. We were lined up, tested and the eventually thrown into a pit to fight for dominance with each other. Our rankings in these fights as well as our scores in the tests would determine what ranks were open to us. I beat both of my friends, and nearly everyone else. This... Angered them, pushed them to shove me away and leave me in their dust. At least I had my new father in Ty, he believed in me and pushed me to my limits, watching from his post a rung above me on the ladder where I landed as an herbalist. Now our ranking trials and tests could be redone at any point, but it was excessively rare for it to happen as typically whatever rank you picked would be the one you kept. But not me, I wanted more. The nickname Ty gave me, Little Rabbit, it had become a taunt. Something used to describe my weaknesses, my timid nature and my lack of self confidence. My empathy was cause for teasing, my kindness bringing mockery. "A Jewel Eater who cares. How pathetic." They said. Well... Through my dedication and hard work, with the guidance of Ty, I seem to have managed to best even our alpha in the retake. I rose to the top and bested them, proved to them that strength and brutishness isn't everything. Though I've learned to be confident and strong as a leader I've grown to show my tribe that it's not all brawn or harshness, sometimes kindness is welcome and necessary.

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Astor is a determined fellow, ambitious and cunning. He grew into these traits from a friendly, self conscious kit. He is strong but doesn't lack empathy, intelligent yet he seems to hold this above those he's left behind to chase his current leadership position. He knows what it feels like to be at rock bottom and will pull others out of that feeling as best as he can so long as they deserve it. He's judgemental yet fair in the judgements he makes. Astor is loyal to his core, and will not let his small stature or young age get in his way. He's learned to be confident, his presence in a room alone demanding attention and respect- he doesn't need to announce that he is the alpha of his tribe, a true one never does. In private he is soft, gentle and excessively kind. He deeply enjoys cuddling, and showing affection however he can yet he hides the vast majority of this from his tribe. He'll do anything for his people, and strives to create a careful balance between his small tribe and normal Simas. Astor enjoys nature and spirits, as well as the coolness the caverns offer but more often than not he can be found lounging in the warmer forested sinkhole the caves connect to, simply listening and reading the rare book Ty brings back. He may be above drastic, often harmful measures of defense but he is not opposed to them. A rabbit through and through, but a rabbit that leads a pack of ever hungry wolves.

Last edited by Vraska the Unseen on Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
Vraska the Unseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 pm

mark
King Andre