Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

happy one year!! by decembuary;

Artist decembuary; [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

happy one year!!

Postby decembuary; » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:07 am

7/22/18

(timer is off, i left this thing open while i went to eat a snack and tried to get my cat to stop eating plastic at the same time and i kept opening and closing it to do other things dfhgkdhfghd)

on this day last year, i decided to adopt a bunch of internet strangers as my children, and by GOD was it a great decision.

i really cannot believe that it’s been an entire year since we’ve all been joined together in our weird little discord server!! that’s 12 months of odd late night discussions, 52 weeks of screaming, 8760 hours of bad jokes, 525,600 minutes of love and support, 3,153,6000 seconds of overall very weird things, and most importantly, 365 days of absolute chaos that i genuinely enjoyed thoroughly.

it is really such a honor to know people as great as you guys, and i’m not lying at all when i say that my life has been greatly improved since meeting you all that fateful day last year. before you guys, i hardly reached out and made connections on chicken smoothie — i don’t know whether that was out of my own inability to socialize, or just that i didn’t where to start with such a thing, but either way, you all really are some of the closest and most meaningful connections i have ever made in my life. one year isn’t a long time to know somebody in the grand scheme of things, but (and we’re about to get REAL cheesy here) i honestly do feel like i’ve known you all for so much longer than that. i can’t even really clearly remember what life was like before i met you all and made our server (ngl, whatever it was, it was probably pretty sad).

i love every single one of you so much!! this friend group has honestly been one of the wildest journeys in my life, and i’m so glad that you’ve all decided to stick along for the ride.

some things i would like to say individually to all of you (prepare for a lot of badly worded sentences and typos incoming):

satan —

first of all, you are SUCH a fantastic artist!! i’m pretty sure we do use the same art program (autodesk sketchbook, right??) and i’ve got absolutely no clue as to how you can create such great things while i need to take five tries (and a lot of undo buttons) to draw a satisfactory line. one of my favorite kinds of art is pixel art (which i unfortunately have no clue how to do), but i’ve seen you post some absolutely stunning works of pixel art on the studio channel. you’ve done a great deed to the family by drawing us a super cool family portrai because i love the server’s icon, and it’s all thanks to your fantastic work (and that picture of the disc with drawings of us all over it that you posted in the server? i love that too — that was honestly so cute and it made me smile). i wholeheartedly support you and your 300 billion characters & your nine (?) pets (i don’t know how you manage so many). you go!!

jurassic —

i’ve only seen a few examples of your writing, but i’ve seen enough of them to know that you are absolutely fantastic when it comes to the skill of storytelling. i like writing a lot too, but i honestly never actually act on my urge to write, and what i admire most about you is that you can start a project and keep to it for a lot longer than i can. your art is honestly super cool too (i can never draw pokemon for the life of me, too many variables to consider and also i suck at full bodies), and i know a lot of genuine effort goes into the things you make. don’t tell anyone discourage you or slow you down on your progress towards becoming something great and astounding. i really believe you have a great talent for these kinds of things — find the courage to believe it too!

mochi —

somehow i missed the day when great art talent was being distributed to this server. mochi, you have a simplistic and really cute/cozy kind of artstyle that i admire a lot, and while the only thing i know about them is from what snippets you’ve shared with the server, your characters are all so unique and diverse, and from that giant and complex google document of character questions you posted in the server a long time ago, i can tell a lot of thought (and more patience than i’ll ever have) goes into your stories. when it really comes down to it, you are worlds more bolder and braver than i am, and i think that’s a great thing about you that you shouldn’t ever lose. know that you’re doing the right thing when you speak up. i hope you have a fantastic time doing all of that time-travelling on your vacation!!

cipher —

honestly, your presence in this friend group has been part of the reason why it’s so enjoyable to be in the server, and i think this family would’ve been missing a large and vital chunk of itself if you hadn’t been roped into this chaotic disaster all that time ago on july 22nd last year. i am so glad to have gotten to know someone so cool (and with a great sense of humor, no less!) and also someone who has apparently had a past with every facet of the general human experience (i’m kind of worried at this point, not going to lie). i just want you to know that no matter what the people around you make you out to be or say of you, you are always a great person absolutely and genuinely worthy of the respect and time of other people (and not to mention your own). go and microwave that goung heese!! i believe in you, and you should believe in yourself too.

celery —

people seem to think of me as the sensible one in the server, but i really think you deserve a little more credit when it comes to that because you are honestly a million times more reasonable and logical than i am. i always have a tendency to overreact to my academic responsibilities and then yell my hysteria into the general channel of the server (which i’m sorry for by the way, it must get really old listening to that repeatedly), and while you might not think much of it, i really really do appreciate the fact that you always counter my screaming with either comfort or something a lot more reasonable that i should be doing instead of screaming. i’m sorry that you kind of got unintentionally roped into the server as adult supervision back in the day, but i’m not sorry that you stayed, because you’ve made all of our lives a lot better. i think of you as someone who is intelligent and talented, and you should think of yourself in the same way.

dino —

first off, it must feel really weird watching the rest of us rejoice like maniacs in the server over our anniversary while you’re the server’s equivalent of the new student at school, but i want you to know that a lot of the people in the server weren’t here from the very start and kind of just got absorbed by it halfway through, and you are a family member as legitimate as any of them. our reasoning, as i’m sure you know, for bringing you into the server was very poor, but you’ve brought us one step closer to being thanos and i don’t know about you but i think that’s a very important contribution (6/7 stones). i’m so glad to have you here with all of us in the server, and i’m especially glad that you’re here right around the summer event, because this family truly reaches their peak at that time. let’s go lesbians!!

sinna —

you seem to have taken up the title of “server cryptid” and i think you’ve done your job as server cryptid extremely well because i legitimately cannot recall when you joined. i have a rough idea of the time frame for everyone else, but i feel like you just spawned into the server one day, and i don’t think there’s anything more cryptic than that. cryptids aside, i genuinely love you so much — i’ve said this like three billion times in this whole post, but i am EXTREMELY GLAD THAT YOU ARE HERE.. i’m only a little sorry that this server had to end up as your (kind of?) first experience of the CS community because i think you were only on here for three months before you got dragged into this family, but again, i’m not sorry that i got to meet you, because it’s been one of the best experiences of my life.

static —

i think your first exprience immediately after joining the server was that time my ipad completely lost it and caused the infamous becky glitch, and while i can’t figure out how you witnessed the chaos and screaming of the becky glitch and still thought that it was a good idea to stay in the server and lose your sanity with the rest of us, i’m glad you stayed. i don’t think i’ve ever said this to you before, but back i saw you on the summer thread all that time ago, i thought you were a funny and interesting person, so i intentionally tried to invite you into the family server. if i recall correctly, our conversation about the event servers was over PM, and i wouldn’t have mentioned that a smaller, 50% more screaming server had branched off the main event server if i didn’t want you there. i thought of you as someone i wanted to get to know better, and i’m sure that in all of the time that you’ve been on CS, a lot of other people have thought the same way. don’t ever forget that you are a worthwhile person.

bucky —

again — i don’t know what day some higher deity was distributing astounding art skill to the members of this server, but i must have horribly overslept on that day. i am honestly so envious of your oekaki gallery — i can’t do much with my own art program to begin with, which means i can do next to nothing with all of oekaki’s complicated tools and controls. literally absolutely everything in your gallery is both so well-drawn and cool-looking with a really lovely artstyle, and i just don’t know how you can create things as wonderful as that. you have no clue how pumped everyone was for your arrival into the server back in december, and over the time that you’ve been here, i hope this family has done as much for you as you have done for it. remember that you are always a better and greater person than you think you are.

rea —

you are technically the first person in this whole family that i’ve really actually talked to before the family was created, and it was because of a really bad CS fanfiction no less (rest in peace nevaeh, gone but never forgotten because i did have fun writing that story even though it was absolutely terrible). 100% you are one of the funniest people in this server, and back during some event where the family hadn’t been formed yet, i remember aimlessly scrolling through the pages of the casual chat thread and wondering if you would show up sometime. i’ve said this so many times that i’m sure i sound like an unfixable record right now, but i remember you drew an absolutely amazing picture of catra (i think???) from she-ra, and while i think that’s the only piece of artwork i’ve seen from you, i’m 100% certain that you’re incredibly talented and that the rest of your pieces are just as good. i hope to see you resurrected this upcoming summer event — we all miss you!

dragon —

hello again old family!! you have no idea how happy i was to see you randomly emerge from the void in the server again because i honestly did miss you and some of the other originals who went inactive (rest in peace thunder and astrola, gone but certainly never forgotten). you are every bit as cool and as great of a person as i remember you from the server’s golden age days during the last summer event, and i’m really glad you suddenly resurrected just in time for the summer event, because like i’ve already mentioned (i am repeating myself so many times i’m sorry DGJFKDHGKFHD) this family is ABSOLUTELY always at their peak when it comes to the summer event, and i’m excited to have you along again for the chaotic ride that is going to be the rest of summer 2019.

but really:

————————————

anyways, i’m sorry for this horrifically long post, but what i wanted to get across to you guys is that i love all of you so much and you are all such wonderful people. also, i saw in the discord server that you guys were making little cupcakes and sticking candles in them (thank you static for that idea, that was also really heart-warming to see honestly) and i wanted to do something similar, except i have neither candles nor cupcakes. however, i do have a hershey’s chocolate bar and some construction paper i can conveniently cut into the shapes of a plate and a candle! (and a flame, of course!)

hey, who took a bite?!

(i love you all. happy one year!)
🌟 burst forth! — they/them

my listography!

hello!! i’m athena (or decem!) and i like my cat and spacing out.
feel free to drop me a PM if you have questions about anything on
the site or just want to say hi. i always appreciate a good conversation!

my research data!! 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱
🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱

@Image — i love you!!
decembuary;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: happy one year!!

Postby risotto » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:10 am

MOM I'M CRYING I LOVE YOU
┌───────────────────┐
rire | it/its | adult
loveless aro
──────
la squadra

TH | art shop
mista enthusiast
risotto nero irl
└───────────────────┘
risotto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonCave » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:23 am

HAPPY ONE YEAR I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS SO MUCH ;O; It's been a blast being on this server with you guys, and I'm so so glad that I happened to pop back in, especially to see that almost everyone is still around! Thank you mom <3

Totally didn't cry a little or anything
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
  • She/her
  • Cancer ♋
  • Band trash
  • Aquarist
  • More
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarecrowz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:26 am

HAPPY ONE YEAR GAYMERS!! its been super fun in the decembuary fam and mom thank you for complimenting my writing?? my heart goes :heartbeat: !!!! <3 here's to another year of absolute nonsense

he/him
agender lesbian
you can call me sunny or june!
cringe on main
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emporio! » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:27 am

affhgdf aaa???? oh my god I love y'all so much!! happy one year I'm :,))))
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Static~ » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:31 am

hey mom first off:
I LOVE YOU AAAAAAAAAA

second off:
it's incredible that you went through all the time and effort to draw this, and write something to every single person, and god you're such a thoughtful and kind person wth!!!!! i kinda suck at writing nice things but i'm really glad that you invited me to the server; y'all have become some of my closest friends, not just online, but period. My life would probably suck if I'd never joined. (I don't usually pm people on cs, and i debated pming you heavily because i didn't want to seem weird, but i thought you were super cool too!! enough to quell my social anxiety long enough to actually send the message lmao).

Anyway: I love y'all so much, happy anniversary everyone. uwu
x
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
call me static or stat!
he/him
x x x x x x x x x x

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

x

x

~Static~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby decembuary; » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:48 am

@ everyone who just posted on this thread:

🌟 burst forth! — they/them

my listography!

hello!! i’m athena (or decem!) and i like my cat and spacing out.
feel free to drop me a PM if you have questions about anything on
the site or just want to say hi. i always appreciate a good conversation!

my research data!! 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱
🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱

@Image — i love you!!
decembuary;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

happy one year!!

Postby Ritsu » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:49 am

I'm so happy, Alexa play the family mixtape.

AAAAaAAAaaaaaa, i can't believe it's really been a year already.
    to think, last year this time i had no hesitation about jumping into a place with people i had never met before, and now
    i just can't imagine a life without you guys.
    i'm keeping this short because i'm already crying tears of joy.
    seriously. i love you guys so much 💖 💖 💖

ALSO HAHA MOM CANT REVERSE CARD ME IF I POST AFTER IT
Ritsu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:34 am

mom i love u entirely omg....... its time to chug loving this server juice
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sayaka maizono » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:16 pm

AAAAaa
i only just read this now, because i haven't been in a nice place mentally today and wasn't online much, but holy hell this helped my mood a lot. i know i don't really show it, but i really am so glad i ended up spawning in this server. i love you guys, and happy one year anniversary!!
┌───────────────────┐
sinna | he/him | adult
aromantic | trans man
black lives matter
──────
welcome to white space.
you have been living here for as long as you can remember.
──────
my friends!! <3

──────
art shop | trade thread
previously sinna_roll and just natsuki.
kind of a mess rn, please be patient
└───────────────────┘

sayaka maizono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery