Based on Click to view
Artist PeanutButterRum [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #1886

Postby PeanutButterRum » Tue May 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

To claim you must be at least level 1 or not have a founder in progress or a founder at all. Please be sure you have room in your clan before applying for this cat.

This cat may not be traded until: July 20th
There is a 2 month cooldown after each ownership change.
For a transfer to be official, both parties must post on this cat's page. The original owner must post in the archive.

This cat must find or make a temp place to live for a quarter moon until they can be rescued, how did they get here and how do they survive? You can do a max of 750 words and one art piece.

End Date: 31st, 6 pm mountain time (roll over)

Code: Select all
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Cat Name;;[/b]
[b]Gender;;[/b]
[b]Age;;[/b]
[b]Clan;;[/b]
[b]Rank;;[/b]

[b]Prompt;;[/b]

Username:
Cat Name:
Clan:

Description: Cinnamon lynx point with blue eyes and low white

Other Features: None
Siblings: None Living

---------------------------------------- SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
---------------------------------------- SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
---------------------------------------- SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
---------------------------------------- SDD: Foundation

---------------------------------------- DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
---------------------------------------- DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
---------------------------------------- DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
---------------------------------------- DDD: Foundation
PeanutButterRum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1886

Postby Micki. » Tue May 21, 2019 5:57 pm

x
    Username;; Micki.
    Cat Name;; Firepath
    Gender;; tom
    Age;; 48 moons
    Clan;; Bearclan
    Rank;; warrior

Prompt;;
      I remember the cold more than anything.

I remember shivering, curling tight to try to keep warm.

It wasn't life-taking cold, but it was colder than that somehow - it was a coldness that crept into you, filled your very bones and made you feel like you would never be warm again.

It was a numbing, lonely cold.

And I remember the fear, the panic.

Firepath yawned lazily, stretching out on his sunning rock as he awoke to the stern face of Whiterush.

"You haven't done any of your duties," the large, light-colored tom scolded.

"Oh?" the smaller tom replied, mock innocence, "But I thought my duty was to protect the clan? I think I've got that covered." He flashed a smile at a passing molly and gave her a wink before looking back to the other tom.

Whiterush furrowed his brows, "Protecting the clan? You let others do your work and take credit for it. Can you even fight for yourself?"

"I'd show you, but it'd be some sort of betrayal," Firepath quipped, eyes half-lidded and dull with disinterest.

The larger tom only huffed, "Go patrol the mountain pass, you selfish fool."

And with that, Firepath was leaping back to the bank of the lake and on his way out of camp - though he may have stopped once or twice to tell a pretty molly good morning.

---

The cinnamon tom yawned, still a bit tired from his earlier nap, as he padded through the mountain pass. He knew there was a specific spot on the ridge where various herbs grew in dense patches, but he had always had trouble finding it himself. Still, Tearoot had asked him to gather some herbs while he was out, and he never liked to disappoint a pretty molly.

At last, Firepath made his way to the giant patch of herbs, nose twitching at all of the different smells on the wind.

One smell, in particular, made him nervous: the smell of an oncoming snowstorm.

His nose was warm with the sensation, tingling as he set about quickly collecting the herbs. Firepath had been through snowstorms before, even traveling great distances through them, but something about this oncoming storm set him on edge.
      'I'll be glad to return to camp for once,' the tom thought, but he was too stubborn to go back to camp empty-handed.

Just then, snow started coming down in thick sheets, making Firepath duck his head low as he looked for shelter.

---

The warmth of the cave surrounded the tom as he lay far away from the entrance, waiting for the storm to pass. He yawned and laid his head down.

CRACK!

Firepath's head jolted up, brow furrowed as he lay motionless.

CRAAACK!

Firepath jumped up, but he was too late - the entrance was already crumbling before him, coming down in a neverending downpour of rock. The tom stood still as he watched the rocks take his life from him, images of the cats back at camp flashing through his mind, memories playing themselves over and over in his head.

In that moment, watching his life flash before him in shattered memories, Firepath really and truly saw for the first time, and his heart ached to be home.

---

"Really?" the tom hissed in annoyance as he looked up at the crack at the top of the cave, "Somehow you managed to make that shot from what, at least a tree's length in the air?"

"A whole freakin mountain, but you just had to get it in my water, didn't you?" Firepath grumbled, his words half-hiss and half-growl. He pawed at the bird poop, flinging it from the small puddle of water on the cave floor with another hiss. This was his only water.
      'And now it's been contaminated by bird crap,' he thought, bitterly, before taking a small sip of the water. It was, after all, his only water.

---

Firepath sighed miserably as the sound of cracking echoed off of the stone walls around him, threatening to cause yet another downpour of rocks. "Third time's a charm," he mumbled, looking up at the closed crack in the cave and then to where the puddle of water used to be, now just dry cave floor - a result of the last time the mountain crumbled.

I don't remember much other than the cold and the fear.

But I do remember Tearoot's face, smiling bright the day my clan found me.

And I will always remember being rescued from more than just that cave.

(750 words)
Last edited by Micki. on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Tue May 21, 2019 6:30 pm

Username;; dewly_noted
    Cat Name;; DeerStride
    Gender;; male
    Age;; 30 moons
    Clan;; BeachClan
    Rank;; wave runner

Prompt;;
      There’s a slip before the fall, a moment where it feels as if with enough panicked grasps freedom can be reached. Then just as quick as that sensation washes over you, the point of no return hits quick and fast, grasp slipping and any hope of escape fading as all concern shifted to how long it would be until the impact with the earth below shook him to the core and maybe even broke his bones. He twists through the air- not fast enough to secure a clean landing. His body immediately registers that he had botched his landing- his leg was no doubt broken. He limped over to cover and curled up to let the stress wash over him.
    When he awoke his memory was a muddled mess. The place he was in seemed new and it wasn't till he shifted his left foreleg that the memory of his fall hit him. It was through stubborn will that he stood to walk. He had fallen into a dry riverbed- a deep one and with dull realisation he realised he wouldn't be able to jump out with his injury. With an ever duller sense of dread he realised he wouldn't be able to hunt either. He limped his way up and down the river bed pausing at what would have once been a waterfall, the earth deepened and there lay the only water that remained of this river. He limped over and licked the water, careful not to stir it too much, this would be his only water supply and muddy water didn't appeal to his senses.

He found somewhere nice to rest and lowered his head, wistful feelings of maybe crossing his mind as sleep took him. When he woke up it was sometime during the night and the cold air was forcing shivers out him or maybe it was the cold aches that were travelling over his body. He didn't feel well, his head a little tipsy as he stood up once again, looking around for some better source of warmth and company.. He looked for help...
        ...but there was no-one here. He was alone.

If it wasn't for the dull ache from his forearm he would have considered the violent white noise in his mind but it was drowned out. He curled up in the make shift nest he had chosen prior and pinched his eyes shut focusing on his breathing until he was cradled in sleeps grip once more.

The next morning that he woke up his forearm's protest had dimmed and the morning sun was warming his body, the sky painted the same colours as his fur. There should have been something poetic and self assuring in such a sight but as he looked down into his reflection and sipped water from the puddle he felt very little. The ache of his stomach began to voice it's complaints but as far as DeerStride was concerned it could get in line behind his broken bone.

He searched along the river bed during the day light hours, somewhat for a way out but mostly for food or simple pleasures. Nights had been cold enough and if he could find chunks of moss or newly grown grass to build a nest by his water source he'd welcome such comforts. He of course did find such things, a few chunks of moss here, some grass tufts there. He brought them back to what had once been a waterfall and built a nest.

He spent days like this, limping up and down, building a nest and drinking from the water until his body ached too much from hunger to do anything else. He stayed still from then on, conserving his energy.

The sound of rustling and chatter from above made him perk, his voice immediately escaped him before he could consider any cons his actions could cause.
    "Help!"
    The sound of chatter silenced and soon a cats face peeked over the edge.
    "Are you okay?"
    There was a sense of relief as he realised they would help.

"I've broken my arm, I can't find food-"
    The stranger nodded affectionately and said simply.

"Don't worry, we will help you" [698/750]
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Fri May 24, 2019 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trickz » Wed May 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Username;; Thunder.Collects
Cat Name;; Dandeliontuft
Gender;; Female
Age;; 53 Moons
Clan;; CreekClan
Rank;; Warrior

Prompt;; (750 Words)
A small color-pointed she-cat dragged herself through the rain, pelt pressed to her side and all hope lost from her eyes. She was far from her home in the human city and the house cat had found herself lost in the woods. She didn't know where she was or what she would do next, her leg was broken from a fall from a tree so she couldn't return home that day anyway. Right now, there was nothing she could do for herself. She was stuck here in the woods, and her chances of death were incredibly high. It terrified her. She had heard stories of all the terrors that came at night. Large wild dogs with russet fur, sharp teeth, and fluffy tails and big black and white beasts with big paws and claws. She had also heard about the wild cats who lived in the forest who ate bones for breakfast.

Dandelion shivered, fluffing her pelt to protect her against the chill of the rain and wind but it didn't last very long. With a sigh she hauled herself to a tree, laying down tangled against the tree roots. This would have to do, she didn't have to strength to make a shelter or do anything differently. 'I'm going to die out here,' Dandelion thought with a wretched and angry look at her leg. She didn't stand a chance if she couldn't stand. She wouldn't be able to defend herself against the wild cats or angry dogs. With another wistful sigh, she closed her eyes and drifted off to restless slumber.

With a start, the she-cat woke up with unfamiliar scents all over her. She wasn't at the tree, she was in a random bush with a white and silver she-cat watching over her, cool and emotionless. Dandelion's ears flattened in anger and fear and she let out a hiss, fur bushing up as she tried to pull herself to her paws. As soon as she got up her paw gave way, allowing her to collapse on the moss bed beneath her. She looked down at her leg which was surprisingly wrapped in herbs and held straight with a stick.

"Relax." The female growled, fixing the other she-cat with a strict glare. "Your leg is in bad condition. You broke it pretty badly. You'll need to stay here for at least a quarter moon until it's recovered enough for you to continue your travels. Briarstar already agreed to you staying here until it is healed." Dandelion opened her mouth, wanting to argue, but Snowheart let out an angry growl, tail lashing. "You will be staying here for a quarter moon until your leg is healed, understand? Now eat these herbs." The she-cat demanded, passing her the herbs which consisted of leaves, seeds, and berries.

Dandelion, too scared to argued, bent her head and ate the herbs, all the while staring up at the other she-cat as if expecting an attack. Suddenly she felt drowsy, her head falling against her paws and her eyes fluttering as she struggled to keep them open. Only a quarter moon? Her human could wait, she should get healed and be ready to travel before she heads back.

A half-moon had passed and Dandelion still hadn't returned home to her human. For some reason, she wanted to stay with these cats in CreekClan. She had learned a lot of cats names and had actually formed friendships with the wild cats, surprisingly enough. She wanted to join them, as much as she didn't want to admit it. 'To think I was only supposed to stay here for a little while,' she thought with a chuckle, tail curling. The tables sure did turn. She felt happier here than she did in her human's home, safer and more cared for. Here in CreekClan, everyone worked together to best a terrifying and hard world, but they survived and that was the best thing. Here, cats could have friendships and families without worrying about fences and doors keeping them separated, or their humans keeping them locked inside the house. Here, they were free. This was the life she wanted.

She was going to join CreekClan. This was going to be her home. Going from a quarter moon to a half-moon was strange enough, but it was going to be worth it. She was going to be a CreekClan warrior. Some cats doubted her but she would definitely prove herself to them.

She was Dandeliontuft. A strong and brave warrior now.
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starflight » Thu May 23, 2019 1:02 pm

Username;; Starflight
Cat Name;; Dustwhisper
Gender;; She-cat
Age;; 26 moons
Clan;; AutumnClan
Rank;; Defense Captain

Prompt;;
WIP!
Seasons.
Moons.
Weeks.
Days.
Hours.
Minutes.
Seconds.
Now.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received __ gifts.
I have nuked 4 people.
I have received __ nukes.
I have won __ gift wars.
I have lost __ gift wars.
Starflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ladyskittels » Fri May 24, 2019 4:46 am

Username;; Ladyskittels
Cat Name;; Firebird
Gender;; molly
Age;; 20 moons
Clan;; Glacial Blizzard Clan
Rank;; Queen

Prompt;;
Thundering hooves pounded all around me; I heard them making contact with the fallen log I had been hiding out in and it had begun to crack underneath the pressure of the stampeding herd's weight. My breath caught in my throat and I made the bold decision to scurry into the fray of the stampede rather than running the risk of being crushed in my feeble hiding place. As I darted in between the legs of the herd, I couldn't help but think about how I had gotten here.

Only a few days ago it had been a completely different story; I had been in the lap of luxury in the home of an elderly twoleg who loved nothing more than to spoil her favorite cat. There was nothing I wanted in life, everything was handed to me on a silver platter. But one day, my twoleg went away and didn't return. I was left alone and was forced to leave everything I once knew and loved.

Since braving the untamed wilds of the tundra, I came face to face with one of the first natural disasters I had ever experienced; an avalanche that crushed everything in it's path. Barely escaping the brutal force of the storm, I had eeked out an existence in a hollowed out log until I could hopefully be rescued.

Or, at least I did have a home there, but thanks to the stampeding herd I was now on the run once more. Not knowing where they would take me, I followed the herd until I could escape the tangle of legs and hooves. Once out I gratefully collapsed onto a snowbank and allowed myself to rest for a little while.

"Now what am I going to do?" I asked myself breathlessly, feeling lost all over again. "I have nothing once more, and no one to help me..." I added with a sigh before hoisting myself to my feet, finding a searing pain in my left rear leg. Thinking I had injured myself in the stampede, I took the weight off of it as I began to dig out a new home in the snow. "I'll have to wait here until help arrives," I said to myself defeatedly as I rubbed my injured leg. All I could hope for now was to heal quickly before starvation or frostbite set in.
[394 words]
Ladyskittels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ines. » Sun May 26, 2019 5:30 am

Username;; Ines.
Cat Name;; ReedWisper
Gender;; Female
Age;;
Clan;;
Rank;;

Prompt;;

"Hello," she softly called out. "Rosewalker? RavenFace? Wolfpaw?" None of her clan was left. All taken by the same firestorm that destroyed their home. Grasslands burned like tender. The cinnamon cat was looking rather grey from the ash and dirt. She wasn't there when it started. ReedWisper was hunting far from the camp in the marshlands that were too wet to catch on fire. It had taken everything, there were not even bones for her to give the traditional burial to.

Reed had never even spent a proper night without her clan let alone fending for herself for the foreseeable future. She wasn't even a very good hunter bearly out of kithood herself and now she was flying solo. So she left her pasted family and home's ashes.

ReedWisper had never seen a tree before but there they were. Tall and green offering shade and the promise of water.

wip
Firm believer in Secularization
Ines.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:48 am

Username;; I Like Bees
Cat Name;; Cedarpaw (Cedarmoth)
Gender;; Male
Age;; 7 Moons
Clan;; PetalClan
Rank;; Warrior

Prompt;; [698/750]
"You can't catch me!" Cedar teased, dancing back and forth in front of his little brother, Moth.

"Yes I can!" the younger cat exclaimed, leaping forward and tumbling into Cedar. The two brothers wrestled back and forth, laughing at their own silliness. It was a perfect, happy moment.

It was a perfect, happy moment, until the world came tumbling down. In this case, quite literally.

An aggressive burst of wrestling sent both cats tumbling towards a leaf pile. As Cedar's back hit the leaves, the ground gave way beneath him, and he and his brother were falling. A moment later: darkness.

--

"Moth?" Cedar called out, his immediate concern for his brother. The cinnamon lynx point struggled to his feet, but was sent gasping back to the ground at a sharp pain in his back leg. Cedar turned his head to look at his legs, immediately turning away again and squeezing his eyes tightly closed. His back right leg was bent at a horribly wrong angle, making it almost physically painful to look at.

When his nausea had faded, Cedar reopened his eyes, hoping to catch sight of Moth. If Cedar was injured badly, the smaller tom was no doubt in much worse condition. He squinted, trying to focus on a lump of brown a short distance away. Moth.

Cedar reached forward paw-by-paw, slowly dragging himself towards the lump. He gritted his teeth, ignoring the pain in his leg. Moth might need him.

After what seemed like an eternity, Cedar was close enough to nudge the lump. It was cold, which implied it was merely soil, but the fluffiness implied it was Moth. He pulled himself closer, and was horrified to see his brother's cold, dead eyes staring back at him.

--

Two days later, Cedar still hadn't moved. His eyes were crushed with salt from crying, his throat was raw from lack of water and calls for help, and his leg ached terribly. The tom had given up hope; no one was going to rescue him. Occasionally, Cedar would talk to his brother's corpse, apologizing for encouraging Moth to leave their parents behind with him. If they had just stayed with their parents, none of this would have happened.

A sharp, high-pitched squeak snapped Cedar out of his trance. His ears shot up, and he immediately scanned the hole for the mouse. How had it gotten down here? More importantly: could he catch it? Cedar managed to locate the rodent a short distance away.

In a desperate burst of energy, Cedar lunged forward. The mouse, of course, was far too quick for him to catch, and he was left with a throbbing leg and a sense of disappointment. Luckily, Cedar had taken note of where the mouse ran. The tom slowly, painfully crawled to the mouse hole, where he waited for a nose to appear.

The moment he saw the faintest hint of a mouse muzzle, Cedar's paw lashed out. He had barely managed to touch the mouse's whiskers. Cedar growled. He had never been a patient cat, but he was willing to do anything for a meal at this point. The tom settled down to wait.

--

A few hours later, it was raining. The mouse forgotten, Cedar titled his head to the sky and held his mouth open. Drop after drop hit his tongue, slowly soothing the burning that had plagued him for days. Once his thirst was quenched, Cedar refocused on the mouse hole. He wasn't going to lose his prey to a rain storm.

Moments after he had redirected his attention to the mouse hole, a set of whiskers appeared. Cedar held his breath, entirely focused on not spooking the mouse. Slowly, slowly the mouse appeared, taking no notice of the frozen Cedar. When it had emerged fully, Cedar pounced. The fresh-kill was devoured in a few mouthfuls.

--

After a Quarter Moon

"I can't believe Sorrelstar assigned us to bramble-gathering duty -- again!"

Cedar lifted his head. Voices? Was he imagining them? Did it matter? "Help! Down here!" he called out, his voice hoarse from lack of use and water. A pair of heads appeared at the top of the hole.

"Don't worry; we'll get you out!"
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:19 pm

taking over judging of this competition.

i enjoyed the set up of this story and the conclusion being kind of abrupt; it just shows how much life can change in an instant. congrats!

i'll be giving an hm to thundercry04; i was bouncing for a while.

I Like Bees wrote:Username;; I Like Bees
Cat Name;; Cedarpaw (Cedarmoth)
Gender;; Male
Age;; 7 Moons
Clan;; PetalClan
Rank;; Warrior

Prompt;; [698/750]
"You can't catch me!" Cedar teased, dancing back and forth in front of his little brother, Moth.

"Yes I can!" the younger cat exclaimed, leaping forward and tumbling into Cedar. The two brothers wrestled back and forth, laughing at their own silliness. It was a perfect, happy moment.

It was a perfect, happy moment, until the world came tumbling down. In this case, quite literally.

An aggressive burst of wrestling sent both cats tumbling towards a leaf pile. As Cedar's back hit the leaves, the ground gave way beneath him, and he and his brother were falling. A moment later: darkness.

--

"Moth?" Cedar called out, his immediate concern for his brother. The cinnamon lynx point struggled to his feet, but was sent gasping back to the ground at a sharp pain in his back leg. Cedar turned his head to look at his legs, immediately turning away again and squeezing his eyes tightly closed. His back right leg was bent at a horribly wrong angle, making it almost physically painful to look at.

When his nausea had faded, Cedar reopened his eyes, hoping to catch sight of Moth. If Cedar was injured badly, the smaller tom was no doubt in much worse condition. He squinted, trying to focus on a lump of brown a short distance away. Moth.

Cedar reached forward paw-by-paw, slowly dragging himself towards the lump. He gritted his teeth, ignoring the pain in his leg. Moth might need him.

After what seemed like an eternity, Cedar was close enough to nudge the lump. It was cold, which implied it was merely soil, but the fluffiness implied it was Moth. He pulled himself closer, and was horrified to see his brother's cold, dead eyes staring back at him.

--

Two days later, Cedar still hadn't moved. His eyes were crushed with salt from crying, his throat was raw from lack of water and calls for help, and his leg ached terribly. The tom had given up hope; no one was going to rescue him. Occasionally, Cedar would talk to his brother's corpse, apologizing for encouraging Moth to leave their parents behind with him. If they had just stayed with their parents, none of this would have happened.

A sharp, high-pitched squeak snapped Cedar out of his trance. His ears shot up, and he immediately scanned the hole for the mouse. How had it gotten down here? More importantly: could he catch it? Cedar managed to locate the rodent a short distance away.

In a desperate burst of energy, Cedar lunged forward. The mouse, of course, was far too quick for him to catch, and he was left with a throbbing leg and a sense of disappointment. Luckily, Cedar had taken note of where the mouse ran. The tom slowly, painfully crawled to the mouse hole, where he waited for a nose to appear.

The moment he saw the faintest hint of a mouse muzzle, Cedar's paw lashed out. He had barely managed to touch the mouse's whiskers. Cedar growled. He had never been a patient cat, but he was willing to do anything for a meal at this point. The tom settled down to wait.

--

A few hours later, it was raining. The mouse forgotten, Cedar titled his head to the sky and held his mouth open. Drop after drop hit his tongue, slowly soothing the burning that had plagued him for days. Once his thirst was quenched, Cedar refocused on the mouse hole. He wasn't going to lose his prey to a rain storm.

Moments after he had redirected his attention to the mouse hole, a set of whiskers appeared. Cedar held his breath, entirely focused on not spooking the mouse. Slowly, slowly the mouse appeared, taking no notice of the frozen Cedar. When it had emerged fully, Cedar pounced. The fresh-kill was devoured in a few mouthfuls.

--

After a Quarter Moon

"I can't believe Sorrelstar assigned us to bramble-gathering duty -- again!"

Cedar lifted his head. Voices? Was he imagining them? Did it matter? "Help! Down here!" he called out, his voice hoarse from lack of use and water. A pair of heads appeared at the top of the hole.

"Don't worry; we'll get you out!"
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me