Shadow Flitz #256 by Chimericect

Based on Click to view
Artist Chimericect [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Shadow Flitz #256

Postby Chimericect » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:45 am

In case DA continues to be dumb and the image expires because apparently that's a thing: https://sta.sh/0290tih2x58r

Ok first: wth DA is with that link what have you done to the links

ANYWAY
    Hey guys! So this guy is a bit special, he’s the only Flitz I am putting for adoption that is edited (as of right now at least) and I’m super excited. I recently obtained a character for an ARPG too, and as I was developing him I came up with the idea for this competition.

Background information ||
    Ban is a guardian of a large cave that is rumored to be filled with treasure of all sorts. Together with his rider companion, Lyra, they guard the cave from greedy souls. They are equipped with armor and Ban is fairly large, so intimidation tends to be his saving grace. As of late, there have been more and more rumors of the cave of souls being home to a massive beast. Most are too scared to visit anymore, while others simply don't believe it is true. This flitz, upon hearing about the rumors of great treasure, set off on a journey of their own to retrieve it and meet the fabled beast. When they get there, they are greeted by none other than the esteemed guardian himself, who seems pretty bored at this point. Still, it isn’t going to be easy. What happens next?

Requirements
    There is no word limit, HOWEVER Ban and the flitz must both be present in quite a bit of the story together. How does the flitz try to retrieve the treasure, and how does Ban act [ hint: he is prepared to die for his sacred hoard ] Will the flitz succeed in their efforts, or will they leave empty handed? How do they outsmart Ban if they succeed? How do they feel / react if they don’t ?

Answers must be at least 500 words long, and although going longer to provide development is encouraged, don’t make it a novel! You’re free to continue if you win, but i am only a small soul that can’t focus. You are welcome to add in art as well to break up the form !! You have the freedom to choose how it goes! Does the flitz befriend Ban by the end of the story? or does the flitz swear to get revenge on Ban after being brutally beaten in a fight? It's all up to you! I'm just interested in a fun story, don't be too afraid if it goes out of character, you will not be penalized for your ideas!

Tip in case reaching 500 words is hard: Use Ban and Lyra to speak as well! Lyra can’t understand Ban and the flitz, and tends to just make assumptions about the things they say. Describe the area, you can describe their thoughts, actions, you can have them speak, etc.

——
    Questions you may possibly ask
    Who is Ban? || This guy !
      Note he his design has not been approved yet, so it's safer to describe him based on his phenotype in case I have to make a few alterations. If you plan on doing art ,, this is just a note.
    Bans Personality || Cold and gruff and likely isn’t amused by the flitz. He is used to this; beings come in every so often and he’s tired of warding them off. Despite that, he’s stubborn and determined: he’ll do his very best to make sure he’s guarded the cave. He’ll probably try to fight off the flitz first [ he has no special powers or abilities! He can only fly, which doesn’t do much good ]

Why does Ban guard it? || Although he never knew his mother, he learned that the cave was his home, and that those that would come to steal what was there were corrupted and evil. This greed caused his parents to be poached for fur and fame, leaving him alone. He does it to honor the family he never had a chance to know, and well,, spite at this point.

Well, what is the treasure? || Gold, silver, even worthless shiny things he decided he liked. Forks and fools gold can be found among swords and sparkling gemstones. All of this is located within a labyrinth: one that Ban knows inside and out. So, be careful if you get lost !!

What the flitz may encounter in the cave || Bats, rats, bugs, dead ends, a lake, lots of twists and turns, traps set by lyra [ nets and trip wires that release rocks. ]

End date || January 11th
    No extensions will be given
Last edited by Chimericect on Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shadow Flitz #256

Postby -Shaded- » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Mark
(hey the link to Ban isn't working :> )
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chimericect » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:04 pm

-Shaded- wrote:Mark
(hey the link to Ban isn't working :> )

WHOOPS sorry I totally forgot I switched it out earlier. Fixed !!
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:20 am

kolyakun || Wolfgang || Male

Wolfgang brought bonoculars up to his eyes, squinting as he peered through them. A small island came into view. He turned to his crew and pointed a finger and the sandy mass ahead.
“There! An Island! This has got to be the place where that beast is guarding it.” Wolfgang spoke with determination in his voice.
Not much longer till the small ship pulled onto the shore. Wolfgang hopped off the ship, feet hitting the ground with a soft thud. He dusted his hands off on his robes and headed into the jungle that surrounded the cave.
“You’re on your own for this one, Captain!” A crew member called out.
Wolfgang raised a brow and smirked. “Better off that way, I’m strong enough and don’t need you guys getting in the way.” He chuckled.
The crew member rolled their eyes and went back into the ship’s living quarters.

Wolfgang drew his sword, cutting back the overgrown leaved and plant life that blocked his path. Nothing was getting between him and that treasure. When he wanted something, he made sure he got it.
The mouth of the cave was impenetrable blackness, as Wolfgang stepped in, he watched his shadow dissolve into the surrounding darkness. It was dank and the only audible sound was the dripping water. The cavern wormed its way half a mile into the mountain. It's general shape was ovoid, the walls below the ridge smoothly curved to the floor, the walls above arched another hundred feet up to giant stalactites and the bat roosts. He walked deeper and deeper into the cave, it felt as though it would never end. He felt something sharp against his leg, he snaked his hand down his leg and felt barbs digging into his leg.
“I figured this wouldn’t be so easy,” He chuckled, freeing his foot from the wire. Before he got up, he was knocked down, landing back on the sharp barbs. Wolfgang winced and closed his eyes in pain. When he opened his eyes the cave was slightly lit up and before his eyes was a woman.
“What the hell are you doing here, pirate.”
“I’m- who are you?”
“That doen’t concern you. Leave.” She demanded, her voice stern.
Wolfgang grabbed ahold of her ankle tightly, moving it off his chest. “I don’t think I can do that, you see, I owe some people money and you’re merely an obsticle. I will get that loot even if it means I have to go through you.”
Wolfgang grabs his sword, swinging at the woman in his path. She moves just in the nick of time. She loses her balance and falls to the floor of the dark cavern.
“Don’t follow me or I won’t miss next ti-”
Before he could finish his sentence a low growl could be heard deep within the cavern.
“Ban!” The woman calls out.
“Lyra!” the beast responds, hurdling towards Wolfgang, mouth open wide.
Wolfgan puts his sword up to protect himself and Ban brings his jaws down on the large sword. It shatterned under the pressure. Wolfgang’s eyes widened.
“H-how!”
Ban was inches from Wolfgang’s face, scarlet blood oozing from between his teeth, it seemed the sword at least did some damage, even if a little.
Wolfgang took the opporitunity and kicked the beast in the stomach. Ban backed up, screeching in pain before letting out a loud roar, loud enough that the crew aboard the ship could hear.
Wolfgang figured he’d angered Ban enough and should leave, seeing as he has nothing to defend himself anymore.
“I’ll be back you beast!” He threatened, before jogging down the dark alley of the cave.

Wolfgang gasped for air as he made it out. Dry blood caked on his ankles and hands he didn’t even realize was there.
“Made if out alive did ya Captain?” The crew laughed.
“Shut up..” wolfgang sighed and climbed back up the ship before heading back out on the sea. He couldn’t help but look back at the cave, wondering why that woman and beast, Ban guarded that cave so eagerly. All he knew was he had to go back, stronger and better than ever.

[693 words]

Last edited by kolyakun on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chimericect » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:30 am

bump ^^
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softfeather_04 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:45 am

Marking will do after school ^^
Softfeather_04

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 am

Username: Breado
Flit Name: Tyrique
Story:
i posted it on toyhou.se, i hope it's okay ^^"
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 pm

x
xx{ real treasures don't shine so brightly }
          Caeto's journey of greed
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chimericect » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:23 am

i’m just gonna extend this two more days cause I won’t have time to judge until then anyway screes sorry guys !! college kickin my butt
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:56 am

good luck guys! ^^
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image