Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Doll 205 - End by rice;

Based on Click to view
Artist rice; [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
37 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Doll 205 - End

Postby rice; » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:20 am

heres some extra sketches- https://sta.sh/2wdgjtfifm1?edit=1

this doll runs a graveyard! to win them, make up a story/summary (100-300 words) of how they ended up working there

prettying up and extras are encouraged, but not necessary

Code: Select all
username:
name:
how did they end up running a graveyard? (100-300 words):

ends 2nd nov - 11:59pm (gmt+1)

notes:
-white skin like bones
-shovel shadow
-coral hairpin
rice;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Doll 205 - End

Postby zippo. » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 am

username: zippo
name: Morana 'the goddess of winter and death' Ercan 'brave soul/life'
shadow's name: Omisha 'spirit of birth and death'
how did they end up running a graveyard? (100-300 words): It was a family business, one she never really understood. She never understood her mothers' fascination with death until she was the one being buried, that is what sparked her own icy curiosity with the afterlife. The Ercan residency, fit with its own morgue and crematory, business partners with multiple flower shops - her own father was the craft behind their luxurious coffins. Upon her parents death, she took over the family business with a newfound pride. However she was only the Ercan heir for a few years - her dreams of expanding crushed as she was killed in an accident. Then Omisha was formed, a shadow born from the hope of death - and from Omisha came Morana, who took on the roles of the human Omisha sprang from. Morana runs her own graveyard, known as the Ercan Catacombs - where broken and lifeless dolls may find peace, or may lie in wait until a shadow for them is born.

wip
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aeth » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:06 am

username: aethillie
    name: egret
    shadow's name: spades
    how did they end up running a graveyard? (100-300 words): wip creepy story
aeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ๐ŸŒบ โ”€โ”€ โ i pay tribute with these flowers . . . )

Postby โœฆ nemuri » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:49 am

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    x
    โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
    username: .kaede
    name: hyacinthe
    shadow's name: jinian
    (remembrance - ็บชๅฟต)
    โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
    โ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚

โ–ˆโ–ˆ
    โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
    โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
    saying words like "goodbye" and "i'm sorry"
    were never easy. things were easier said by
    placing a small bouquet of purple hyacinths
    on a grave. she pays her respects and gives
    them a good place to rest. that's her job.

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
    x
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    x
    ๐ŸŒบ how did she end up running a graveyard?

indenthyacinthe tells herself that she wouldn't expect anything from anyone anymore. however, these sorts of promises are always
    easier said than done, and at the end of the day, she slings jinian from her shoulders, scooping in the last few shovels of dirt over a
    grave. she's tired - the dark crescents under her eyes show as much - but she doesn't falter in her work. it's strange, because although
    she had always hated emotions like attachment, she can't help but learn about the stories of the bodies that had been left behind at
    the grave.

indentattachment came hand in hand with abandonment, but in this case, it was okay, because these bodies were never acquainted
    with hyacinthe from the start. she was just a doll who was given this work, and until the moment when her ball-jointed limbs wouldn't
    be able to move, she would continue to dig graves for the people at rest. she knew people in this line of work; it was only natural for
    hyacinthe to help out in a graveyard and dig graves, right?

indentthat had been the case at first, until the humans left her all alone to tend to the graves by herself. it had been a hobby then, but
    it is now something she has to do in order to pass the time. what else would a small doll be able to do in a grave?

indentit wasn't as though working at a graveyard was terrible. she owned the place, now that the humans were gone. jinian would keep
    her company, and although hyacinthe couldn't quite recall where she had picked up her shovel, it had always been by her, and she had
    never questioned it. jinian was a reminder for hyacinthe, a memory from the past when she didn't apologize to the graves.

indent[ 300 / 300 words ]
    x
    x

art by me, click for full vers !!
    x
    x
    โ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚

โ–ˆโ–ˆ
    indentshe had been shoveling dirt until she noticed that tempestus had come
    once again. a small bouquet of purple and blue hyacinths lay at her dainty feet,
    waiting patiently for the doll with porcelain-white skin to finish her task. her
    dull eyes flickered towards tempestus's direction once, and as hyacinthe looked
    at the spirit, she continued to dig.

indent"still hard at work, hyacinthe?" the spirit asked questioningly, taking a
    few hops towards her direction before finally deciding to settle down on one of
    the graves that the doll had just completed. her stormy gray eyes narrowed at
    tempestus, and upon noticing her expression, he raised his hands as though he
    had been suspected of committing a crime. "hey now, don't look at me like that.
    i didn't do anything wrong, hyacinthe. i just wanted to come and see how you
    were handling yourself."

indent"... i appreciate your concern, but it's not needed," hyacinthe finally said
    after a moment of silence, wincing at a squeak that had left her throat. there
    was only silence at the graveyard, and since hardly anyone hung around the
    place, there was no need for hyacinthe to use her voice at all. she knew that
    tempestus understood every aspect of her condition and often stopped by as
    a result, but that didn't mean that she enjoyed it when he stayed. "can you
    leave? i have work to do, and i can't do my job if you're here distracting me
    like this."

x
    x
    indent"sorry, sorry," tempestus commented, sounding not sorry at all. he shifted around on the grave that he had been perching on,
    creating a sound of discomfort from the back of his throat as he rummaged around in his pockets before pulling out a strand of heather.
    upon first glance, hyacinthe could tell that it was slightly withered, and before she could scoff, the spirit threw the sprig of heather
    towards her. she raised a questioning eyebrow at tempestus, and he shrugged his shoulders, kicking his legs back and forth from his
    seat. "purple heather. need i explain myself any further?"

indenthyacinthe didn't say anything at first, instead opting to set jinian gently down onto the ground before picking up the purple
    flower that had fallen by her feet. she frowned and turned around, spinning the sprig between her thumb and index finger. "solitude
    and admiration. but why, tempestus? what are you trying to tell me?"

indent"nothing much. morgana says hi. anyways, she wants to let you know that this sort of life isn't healthy for you, even if you're
    okay with it,"
    tempestus said, letting out a small sigh as he hopped down from his seat on the grave and gestured towards the pile
    of purple hyacinths that lay nearby. flower still clutched tightly in her hand, hyacinthe bent down to pick up her shadow shovel when
    tempestus spoke up again. "your strength is admirable because it has kept you on your feet long after the humans had left this grave,
    but you can't apologize to these corpses forever. it's not your fault that they died."

indent"perhaps not, but i think it's the least i can do out of respect," hyacinthe argued, her small porcelain fists tightening around
    jinian in mounting frustration. she shook her head in an attempt to clear her mind, and as she took a deep breath, she started to dig
    again. "i might as well apologize to them in place of whoever - or whatever - wronged them. i know the stories that no one else
    does.

indent"although i know that i most certainly do not have to apologize to these people, i think that i should anyways."
    x
    x
    indentwords here again maybe?? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    โ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚

โ–ˆโ–ˆ

art by me, click for higher res !! doodle sketch ; 7 ; //
    x
    x
Last edited by โœฆ nemuri on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
โœฆ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puddssoul » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:59 am

Please click here to view my full form! <3
Last edited by puddssoul on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

โ•ญ ..........................................โ•ฎ
โ•ฐ ......................................... โ•ฏ
puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medicalpaws » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:06 am

username: Sock.
name: Amelia
shadow's name: Joey
how did they end up running a graveyard? (100-300 words): The dead is a passion for this doll. She deems it her responsibility to protect and serve the passing- but not because she has to. Running a graveyard benefits her for performing necromancy as well, always leave a dime if you take from the dead!

Horoscope - Aquarius

This doll always smells faintly of death and flowers
Last edited by medicalpaws on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
c4c โ™ก commissions โ™ก adopt shop โ™ก +21 โ™ก MST
* working on social anxiety
please be patient and kind โ™ก

Proud memeber since 2012
Send me a trade
Hmu in the comments
Gimme a phat like โ˜†

Have a good day โ™ก
medicalpaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OrangeSocks » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:35 am

Mark!

Orange - She/Her - kalons
    ------------------------------
    Nervous bean doing her best.
    Happy to chat! Lover of D&D,
    Star Trek, drawing, & cats!
OrangeSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blimq » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:44 am

username: pastelllizard
    name: vidis
    shadow's name: fellow
    how did they end up running a graveyard?: vidis was content with her place. standing still on the top of a shelf of the room where her owner had already turned to bones, only growing bored some days with no company; all the other dolls were incomplete and therefore inanimate. every day she listed to the shore crash onto the beach while seagulls cried for fish to prey on, never hearing another voice or her own until one night where the sea had become nearly silent and almost as if it had became distant since that morning. it whispered, leave your place or become your owner's only disgrace. she was unaffected by the threat, only listened to the voice as it grew louder while climbing down the shelf and successfully made it to the bottom unharmed. she paused and realized the whispering ceased and looked around finding a purely black shovel covered in dust among various doll's props which had also fallen under the bed. she picked it up and it began to speak again in a hushed tone, they have been calling to me; calling to you. they need to be put to rest. vidis tried to speak back, but it only came out as another whisper, "fellow living one, what shall i call you? where shall i go?" she asked while walking around the house, finding an unlocked window to leave the house from. the shore. go, and you will see those who have been begging me. vidis obeyed without question, walking through the concrete road and cold sand to finally see the sunrise, and to her demise piles of dolls owned by children that had died one way or another. she began to bury them in the backyard, yet the pile stays unchanged. she and fellow are tranquil living in the graveyard with the dead.
    (300/300)
    what happened after the incident?: vidis and fellow continued to only whisper and mutter to eachother about anything since loud noises or voices tend to paralyze the doll since she can't process them. since the shadow never answered what to call them, she stuck with referring to them as fellow. vidis and fellow tend to the grave yard she made and everyday they slowly make improvements in order to better take care of the residing area, some being growing their own wildflower garden to easily pick flowers according to the child's favorite color, since they could both speak to the children, creating tombstones from glass made from vidis burning sand and then sculpting and engraving it with the child's name and their living years and sometimes even family members' names the children don't want to completely leave behind. additionally, before burying the child's soul with the doll, vidis would repair and clean them as much as she could using her old owner's materials.
blimq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deleteduser. » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:59 am

username : alive.
    name : laurel witherdale
    shadow's name : yanny
    how did they end up running a graveyard? : for some reason it's a fascination with the afterlife . she never quite understood until she started hearing voices coming from the graveyard , it was the spirits , they could talk to her .
    she would soon end up joining them everyday after school , talking and listening to what they had to say . stories of war , sadness , and famine would flood her ears , yet it always made her day learning more about them .
    one day she had to stay after school to finish her work and the spirits were furious , they started tormenting her to come back , the voices were in her head . she couldn't stand it , so every day after that she would spend her time tending to the cemetery just so the voices would never come back .
    { 126 / 300 }
deleteduser.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fernathy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:15 am

๏ฝˆ๏ฝ๏ฝ—ใ€€๏ฝ„๏ฝ‰๏ฝ„ใ€€๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝ™ใ€€๏ฝ…๏ฝŽ๏ฝ„ใ€€๏ฝ•๏ฝ
xxxxx

โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
They just had to keep digging. They didn't know why. xxxxxx
Their mind just nagged at themโ€”dig dig dig. Even after
their arms got tired, their joints creaked, and their
hands split open, they dug some more to sate the
compulsion. What a strange action to want to doโ€”what
doll would want to do such intensive labor? They didn't
understand it either. The ground is dense. Compacted
soil is heavy. But the weight of not doing it was heavier.
Without their shovel, their hands felt uncomfortably
empty, while their brain burst at the seams, begging
them to pick it back up. This had to be because of their
shadow. And it drove them absolutely insane. But they
needed to dig. So they did. Grave digging was the
easiest way to accommodate this and was, in fact, a
way to make this unwanted habit constructive.
The dead needed graves. They could dig them. And
thus, they started their graveyard. Since then, they've
developed an appreciation for the craft, as strange as
it sounds. It became quite soothing, now that they
were doing something they deemed as helpful. It
made them feel less powerless, in addition to
strengthening the bond between them and their
shadow.
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx๏ฝ’๏ฝ•๏ฝŽ๏ฝŽ๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ๏ฝ‡ใ€€๏ฝใ€€๏ฝ‡๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ–๏ฝ…๏ฝ™๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ„๏ผŸ

(wip because i can't think of names for the life of me, ever,)
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘

Hi, I'm Fern! I mostly returned to this
website for art, so if you have an art
shop, feel free to drop me a line. โ™ก

You're also welcome to look at my toy
hou.se
! I make adopts there some-
times, and I love talking about OCs.

My PMs are also always open. โ™ก
โ€Žโ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž [ โ€Ž fern | he/him | adult | your local sleepy, goth artist. | my kalons | toyhou.seโ€Ž โ€Ž ] โ€Ž โ€Ž
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ and i can be a pretty girl, i'll lose myself in you. โž
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
Fernathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me