Artist bugbody [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

★ vegan fox avatar + discussion ★

Postby bugbody » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:44 am

just thought i'd make a new avi
for myself out of this beautiful lineart c: feel free to use <3
Last edited by bugbody on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

bugbody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ vegan fox avatar ★

Postby xXcrinXx » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:16 am

-
Last edited by xXcrinXx on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
xXcrinXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ vegan fox avatar ★

Postby bugbody » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:39 am

Makraykray123 wrote:ahh i just want to say something, i respect so much that you care for animals so much as to cut them out of your diet. Yet, i feel that vegan is not the way to go... (im not trying to attack you, you're your own person) Vegans dont live as long as normal people. Im not a vegitarian, i love my meats, but vegitarian is better in my opinion. they live longer than normal people, because they can eat eggs, and drink milk, and that doesnt hurt the animals! im only saying this because i just like to give people ideas. anyway, have a nice day!! <3

hi there !!
thanks for the reply, it's awesome that unlike some carnivores you don't choose to discredit others because of a different lifestyle.
but I'd love to discuss a few points with you!
although I'm vegan for ethical not health reasons, studies done by credible sources like here (source for that article here), and here actually prove that vegans and vegetarians are living healthier and longer lives - cutting out animal products, especially meat, has also been all but proven to prevent and reduce risk of heart disease, the US' number 1 killer.
if you think about it, everything about our human bodies scream that we aren't made to eat meat - all other natural carnivores like lions have wildly different body functions than ours that they have because they are obligate carnivores. humans do not have teeth sharp enough to rip raw meat, acidic saliva to break down protein most efficiently, and many other significant differences that tell us we shouldn't be eating meat in order to be thriving. if you'd like to talk more about the health aspect of veganism, i'd love to elaborate! (PS - did you know that the FDA actually bans companies from being able to put the words "healthy" or "nutritious" on eggs/egg products?)

now, on what you said about eggs and milk consumption not hurting animals - actually, the dairy industry is much worse for cows to be born into - allow me to break down the process of a female dairy cow's life:
1. she is born and immidiately dragged away from her mother so that the "farmers" can get as much milk/profit as possible from the animal they see as a commodity. she is fed corn the rest of her life because it's cheap, which leads to a myriad of health issues usually unchecked.
2. she has the same fate as her mother - dairy cows are forcibly impregnated (raped) while being held down in a "rape rack". you see, like all animals, a cow cannot produce milk unless she has recently given birth. so, every 9 months, the dairy cow is unnaturally impregnated, forced to never see her baby, and then milked aggressivley by machines every day. this is inhumanely exhausting, emotionally and physically. here is a video of a mother cow crying out for her baby.
3. she is too tired - too tired to carry on with the torture of making an emotional bond with her baby for 9 months only to have it stripped away by greedy hands before she can even lick it. so, she gives up. cows in the dairy industry live on average for 5 years; whereas on a farm sanctuary, living a peaceful life, a cow should live up to 22 years. the toll this industry has on cows is so extreme, their life is cut short by almost 20 years.
4. when the cow is finally too exhausted to keep the cycle profitable, she is sent to the same slaughterhouse as all other beef cows. she is killed and made into meat.
(5. male cows are kept in isolated pens - where they will soon be shipped off to slaughter)
that is how dairy cows are treated. i'm not trying to attack your lifestyle. i am blaming the industries that trick you and lie right to your face as you buy their products - they will put pictures of happy cows roaming fields on their labels while in reality they live in this. please know that when you buy dairy products, you are contributing to the meat industry as well as the cruelty enforced upon these animals.
because this is already so long, i'll talk about eggs briefly. for female hens, they are kept in warehouses without windows. they are so crowded that if they weren't debeaked (when their beaks are cut off without painkillers), they would kill each other for room. now male chicks that are born, they are immediately put into a grinder, alive. they are ground into meal to be used for things like chicken nuggets.here's a picture of what hens live in.

please know i don't blame you for supporting these industries when you didn't know what was behind the facade - i did for 16 years. but now that i know i've decided to make a change so that these beautiful, sentient beings can have peaceful and pain-free lives like they deserve. i'd love to talk more about veganism with you, just PM me if you're willing. for now, i'll leave you with some resources on why and how you should go vegan.
1. earthlings - a very sad and sobering documentary about how animals are treated across all animal agriculture industries. viewer discretion advised.
2. what the health - available on netflix, a documentary about how veganism is a 100% more healthy option for your body.
3. earthling ed - an amazing vegan activist that has informative and intelligent debates and 30 videos in which he debunks popular on excuses against veganism. you should really check him out, the information is incomparable.
4.the vegan society - a website that will help you go vegan if you decide to make that choice. also has reasons on why you should.

lastly, i just want to say that the vegan movement is not a diet, it is a conscious lifestyle. we believe that no living, pain-feeling, loving being should be murdered for our taste and convenience. i urge you too to consider the story behind what's on your plate. thank you so much for giving me your time, and i hope i was able to shed some light on what the capitalist industry that is animal agriculture is trying to hide from you. i hope you too have a great and more aware day <3

bugbody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ vegan fox avatar + discussion ★

Postby HermitReversed » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 am

Awesome!im a vegetarian since birth,I always had the option cuz my vegetarian mom didnt made me,but I never wanted to eat meat

Last bumped by bugbody on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 am.
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
🎀

Miu / she\her he\him

💌

💖 link/etc