LoC Adopt No. 152 | Closed by Mechanic Drone

Based on Click to view
Artist Mechanic Drone [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

LoC Adopt No. 152 | Closed

Postby Mechanic Drone » Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is adopt No. 141 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! You must fill out a form for this LoC. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c
Feel free to also join our Discord!

Coming at you with my middle month adopt~. This poison lioness hones her abilities to heal rather than attack, her glowing halos pulsating and becoming more sporadic when closer to a lion afflicted by poison. How has this helped her in her pursuit to become a healer?
Edit(s): Horns, Eye Glow, Halos

Code: Select all
Username -
Name -
Gender - Female
Element - Poison
Rank -
Personality -
History -
How have her halos helped her? -

Contest ends June 1st!

For any questions or relations feel free to pm me!
Last edited by Mechanic Drone on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LoC Adopt No. 152 |Open

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Wed May 16, 2018 5:56 pm

--won a different kiddo so i'm dropping TvT But if relationships are needed/wanted feel free to ask me~
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Tue May 29, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ » Thu May 17, 2018 6:43 pm

mark to probably watch
A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Sun May 27, 2018 12:56 am

Little less than a week to finish up forms~
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annie15970 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:49 pm

Username - Annie15970
Name - Sawomira
Gender - Female
Element - Poison

~ Revealing the Broken ~
Her halos will begin to pulse erratically the closer she comes to one inflicted by poison. Pulses increase the closer they are. Has a range of 100 feet.

~ Sacrificial Blessing ~
She is able to draw out the poison that the creature is afflicted with and put it in a separate container for further study or use. It takes more energy than Acidic Mending, but is instantaneous. Typically used for heavily poisoned creatures.

~ Acidic Mending ~
Using her own poison she is able to counteract the poison that the creature is inflicted with. It takes less energy then Sacrificial Blessing, but it has a longer activation time. Typically used for lightly poisoned creatures.

~ Bubbling Encasement ~
A protective measure, because the life of someone who's basically an outcast is dangerous. A ring of poison is put down and rises to form a bubble. It will protect the occupants inside of it for an hour.

~ Poisonous Daggers ~
One of her only offensive measures, her claws will fill with poison of her own concoction. A mixture of the poison that she can secrete and poisonous herbs from the galaxy and beyond. Used in close combat.

~ Toxic Shock ~
A gaseous form of one of her poisonous concoctions is released into the air. This paralyzes and knocks out the effected party for a whole day depending on dosage. This is generally used for when there are too many enemies and an escape route isn't available.

Rank - Healer

Personality -
traits(+);; Protective, loyal, honest, adaptable, intelligent, logical, peaceful
traits(-);; Headstrong, compulsive, hesitant, indecisive, quirky, envious
likes;; Sleeping, eating, reading, drawing, hunting, healing
dislikes;; Early mornings, drama, unnecessary fighting, arrogance

History -
Being born in home world would have been a blessing perhaps, if it were many decades before. Now however, it only served as a prison to hold every lion in it's grip. Her mother was a warrior, a fighter who although not very high in rank, was respected by many of her colleagues. She returned to her station not a few weeks later, serving Alpha Aeon against the rebellion. She grew up quite lonely as a result the affection of her parents was given far and few between. Her father was not only a warrior, but a second leader at that and he demanded perfection when he had time to visit her. Other lion cubs would come and go after realizing that she wasn't as cool as her mother or father made her seem. She felt so lost as a cub and resentment towards Aeon only grew as all the problems that she had seemed to stem from him.So she grew up obediently learning the ways of a warrior, in hopes that this would bring her parents closer to her and that they'd finally give her the love and praise she so desperately hoped for. It was an unpleasant experience, expectations piled upon her to be the best of the best. The daily routine of getting up and training only to spend the little free time she had reading of places outside the pride lands, away from this planet made her very core ache. Then, there came the day her mother died fighting the rebels. How was she supposed to feel? This inane civil war stripped her of all that she cared for, and she couldn't even decide who to hate more. The rebels that killed one of her only family members, or Aeon who was unable to negotiate peace in a way that lessened the blood spilled.
Luckily one kind teacher took her under his wing, he was well-liked by many but his eccentric personality tended to steer many away from truly getting to know him. He taught her to channel her resentment and anger into something other than fighting and she began to learn how to heal. Not only others, but herself as well. The affection from a father-like figure and the gentle guiding into something that made her feel whole was exhilarating. The day he taught her how to stitch up a deep wound, was the day she finally learned to trust others. From that moment forward, they were often seen together just having a good time despite the war that waged around them. The serious and sometimes heartbreaking days were cushioned with words or comfort rather than reprimanding. She doesn't know where she stands in this war, but she knows that one day it could mean life or death. She swore an oath to herself and her teacher that she was her to heal all, that everyone deserves a chance at redemption. Perhaps that was an idolized view but she refused to put her faith on one side or the other, especially when they were two sides of the same coin. They could be out there helping other species in the universe but they were stuck in this civil war till further notice.

How have her halos helped her? -
Poison was not a common element seen in healing so she had to tread and learn her own way much of the time. However, its helped her unexpectedly well over the years. She lives on the very outskirts of the pride lands so she often gets patients not only from inside of the pride but outside of it as well. Those crossing in between the lands are sometimes poisoned but can not seek help from the pride because they are of rebel distinction. It doesn't deter her however and she brings them into her humble abode and cares for them until they have recovered. Those in the pride lands will come to her when they are unsure if they are poisoned or not but refuse to go to another healer who will ask questions. She has gained connections and trust from many others who aren't exactly considered trustworthy according to standards on both the rebel and Aoen side. The halos even helped save a cub hiding outside the pride lands once, the pulsing halos leading to the sickly body of the cub. She took him home and nursed him till he was healthy, he left as soon as she did. Although he left a parting thank you and some herbs he had picked from outside of the pride lands on his excursions.

Relations -
~ William ~
If not for her eccentric teacher she could not have become what she was today. He was more of a father figure than her own sire was, and for that she was grateful. He was guiding paw to her when the situation was so dire and her emotions would have gotten her killed if she went any further. The anger and frustration was directed into learning the art of healing, which was a better fit than being a warrior was. Affection was plentiful between them, unlike the way it was with her own parents. Life was nice and although he was getting on in his years, he still had a spring in his step. Meetings happened every 2 weeks, a blizzard wouldn't be able to stop them even if it tried.
~ Vanya ~
They were simple acquaintances for a long time, merely meeting in passing whenever she went to the Oasis to find and buy more herbs from the merchants. However, during one of her expeditions to the Oasis, she was offered an extended stay at the den of one of the merchants she'd bought from for many years. She accepted their kind offer and stayed since she had no prior appointments at the time. It was nice to spend her time leisurely watching performances and experiencing the culture of the Oasis, but she grew restless. It seemed that fate answered her call, when she was called in she she saw that they were looking for an extra healer to bring along with during a mission toward the unknown lands. It was the perfect opportunity to work off her boredom and to see if there were species that she'd no knowledge of. They luckily accepted and along they went. They didn't expect to be ambushed barely an hour into their journey out of the Oasis. They fought ferociously and using the training she'd had as a cub before turning toward the healer path, she helped best she could. A rebel had crept up behind General Vanya while she was fending off another one. She threw out her 'Toxic Shock' at the attacker who fell to the ground paralyzed. The general knocked out the rebel in front of her and nodded at her in acknowledgement before jumping back into the fray. The fight seemed to be going well so far and she crouched down to begin healing an injured lion. Drawing out the poison that he'd been afflicted with, she could hear the General come up behind her. It was a simple and short 'Thank you', but it seemed like the beginning of a friendship.
~ Isidore ~
What a strange lion, was her first thought when first meeting Isidore. Could she really think that though, she herself was a healer with the element of Poison rather than Life. An ability that was often considered an offensive element. He did his job well though, bringing around many herbs that could be used in her salves and interesting new ingredients she could try in her poisonous concoctions. He was a grumpy old lion, no doubt about that and he didn't care what anyone else thought. She could admire that and his dry humor was actually quite hilarious if one could understand it. While they were by no means friends, she could always depend on him for information and the wares he sold. He often complained about the customers that would spend the longest time choosing what they wanted or who looked but bought nothing at all. The sassy comments he made when she was in the middle of healing someone and he was passing by, brought her own snarky attitude out. It was what it was, she supposed.
annie15970

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Reminder the contest ends at 11:59pm TONIGHT Arizona time so you have about 4 hours to complete forms!
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:34 pm

And the winner is... annie15970 with her lion Sawomira! I love the character you made and am happy to announce she is all yours!
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LoC Adopt No. 152 | Closed

Postby annie15970 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:43 am

Thank you so much, I'm so glad and I'll take care of her.
annie15970

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me