LOC Adopt #147 - Closed - Winner Announced

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

LOC Adopt #147 - Closed - Winner Announced

Postby Pengu. » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:26 am

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Main Adopts | Species Info | Archives | Archive Update Forms | Nursery | Fan Club | Customs | ReVamps

DA Group | Re-Colors | Website | Gift Lines | LoC Redemption Thread | Bank | Contest Thread

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt No. 147 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! You must fill out a form for this LoC. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c
Feel free to also join our Discord!

This LOC is based on the Great Girros monster from the game Monster Hunter: World. Been playing that game a lot and have some inspiration for designs from the awesome creatures in the game. This LOC will be a quick competition based on how well you can craft an interesting story that pulls the reader in and keeps their interest throughout the duration of the read.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]LOC Name:[/b]
[b]Gender :[/b] Male
[b]Element:[/b] Poison
[b]Allegience & Rank:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Write a short story (1000 Word Maximum) about this LOC and a fearsome foe they encountered. What, or whom, were they fighting? What was the reason behind the altercation? Did this LOC win or lose? How did the outcome affect and/or change them, for better or worse?:[/b]

No extras are allowed i.e. no extra stories, relations, or art is permitted. Winner will be based on the story portion of the form and how it correlates with their personality. You are permitted to expand on their allegiance, rank, and element since they are listed in the form skeleton, however. For example, listing element uses and abilities, or what they do for their rank.

Form Making Tips and Information
Rules
Newbie Form Making Guide
Elements Information
LOC Website: Lion Facts, Landscape, Ranks, History, and Events

——

Closes May 18th @ 5 PM EST
Last edited by Pengu. on Sat May 19, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pengu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Adopt #147 - Open

Postby /Aster/ » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Username: BlueThrush
LOC Name: Kibou
Element: Poison
Allegience & Rank: Pride Healer
Personality:

Kibou is a kind lion with a gentle nature. As far as most are concerned the healer couldn't hurt a fly and they're probably right. Raised in a violent world Kibou never belonged rather than kill his enemies and care for himself his only goal was to help those around him. He cared for anyone who requested his help without question. His warm and emotional exterior makes him approachable but also manipulatable he is a bit naive about others hoping for the best only to be confronted with the worst. However, this has yet to stop him from believing the world could be a better place.

Write a short story (1000 Word Maximum) about this LOC and a fearsome foe they encountered. What, or whom, were they fighting? What was the reason behind the altercation? Did this LOC win or lose? How did the outcome effect and/or change them, for better or worse?:

Kibou breathed in the muggy air letting the taste of dry sand and less pleasant smells of blood, vomit, and sweat hit his tongue. Despite the assault on his senses that the crowded back alleys provided he continued to keep his breathing even as he pulled the dark hood lower over his head. The dark cloak obscured his face and body from the crowd yet nothing could hide the tall antlers from the lions he passed. In a way, they marked his purpose here but also his heritage that was when he heard the growl. Suddenly his body was thrown to the ground with such momentum he slid hitting the other wall of the narrow alley. In his panic, he threw back the hood of the cloak looking up his eyes met a pair near identical to his own you couldn't have told them apart for but one difference. The eyes he stared into were as cold as chips of ice they froze him there like a sculpture unable to move away. The large lion whom they belonged to stared down at him. Her appearance was similar to his own dark pelt marred by fluorescent yellow spots and red eyes that picked up every detail but finally the mark of their family tree the antlers perched upon her head that declared her a member of the Sokkou house one of the finest poisoners houses to ever rule these streets. "Mother," he said finally ending the silence. The lionesses face in the span of a heartbeat went from collected calm to a scorching rage as she slammed his head into the brick wall allowing the noise of it to reverberate around the alley scaring off a few lurkers who had the courage to stay "how dare you call me that and how dare you return here" she snarled. Spitting blood from his mouth onto the ground he looked up at her face "I just wanted to tell you myself what they did to Kest" he said softly. The lioness's head jerked back as she cackled a cold cruel laugh "you always were a useless idiotic runt" she snarled in return "so was Kest why else do you think I didn't hunt you down when you left. Whats even more amusing is leaving to join a pride. Off to chase anyone who turns their head in your direction I suppose. They blamed me you know for your leaving and becoming a healer blamed me for the stain you left on the Sokkou name." She growled turning her back to him "Just remember your actions are the reasons that stupid kit is dead". He watched as she stalked off down another alley "where are you going". She stopped walking "As much as I would love to leave your body in a ditch, unfortunately, family hierarchy comes first and your grandfather would like to see you soon" and with that her large body melted into the shadows vanishing from sight in the humid alleyway.

500 words

Family Confrontation
Last edited by /Aster/ on Fri May 04, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I Dream Of Flight
/Aster/

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ » Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Username:
    -----Abused
    LOC Name:
    ---Servaas
    -----Goes by Vaas after incident
    ---Meaning ;
    -----Saved or redeemed
    Element:
    ---Poison 
    -----Viper strike (poison fangs)
    ------- Poison filled fangs that inflict painful and deadly bite would with a deadly amount of poison upon bite. Must be careful if catching prey for others poison can be transferred through food. Poison does not bother user, can ingest prey with it.
    -----Devils touch (poison claws)
    -------Claws coated in poisonous residue that can seep into any wound inflicted with claws. Small scratchs wont do much then burn and hurt, large gashed can contain lethal amount of poison that can injure or kill. Be warned.
    Allegience & Rank:
    ---Was
    -----Pride / Fighter
    ---Now
    ----- Roaming, thinks everyone will betray him
    Personality:
    -----When part of Pride;
    ×Introverted×Smart×Nice×
    ---Vaas enjoyed his solitude, chosing to be alone rather then around other unless absolutely need, ie- in a fight/during the war. Now, it may have seemed confusing on how a lion that enjoyed solitude lived within the pride, but after a rather dangerous run in, Vaas prefered safety over comfort. If you just so happened to be someone he came to trust and he allowed you to stay near him during his times of solitude, you wouldve found he was rather smart and kind. He tended to spend more then half of his day learning and mastering his element then you would think.
    -----After Incident;
    ×Violent×Insane×Extremely prideful×
    ---After the series of events he doesn't even remember, Vaas is overwhelmed with a violent burst that come with some messed up ways of thinking, others calling him crazy or insane as he keeps repeating himself or actions. But it doesnt stop him from taking pride in the things he does, including when he attacks others. He doesnt always attack to kill, sometimes its a deadly warning, especially when someone tries to talk to him like they know him, saying he should remember them. He often says something along the lion of "Dead lions shouldn't move" if he has someone pinned or knocked down, but will often leave them like that, not always feeling the need to finish it but will if necessary.
    He has some sporadic moments where it seems like he might be remembering something like who he was or where he eas from but ends up punishing himself because of it.
    Write a short story (1000 Word Maximum) about this LOC and a fearsome foe they encountered. What, or whom, were they fighting? What was the reason behind the altercation? Did this LOC win or lose? How did the outcome affect and/or change them, for better or worse?:
    !!! Violence warning; Lions fighting !!!
    [Part 1 - Battle grounds]
    As the battle continued to rage on, the dark lion ducked and ran as he searched for his tank and healer again, having gotten separated from them not that long ago. It seemed almost hopeless, the darkness of the sky and the rain making it near impossible to tell the furs apart, searching just for his teams armors. But as the gore and yelling was becoming overwhelming fast, causing panic to raise from the pit of his stomach and was causing his chest to tighten. He just needed to find his team, group back up and continue on, but it was becoming harder and harder to find them as each second passed, the battle field was shaking, but it very well could be his own head spinning. Searching so frantically for his team he didn't see the larger lion barreling towards him, trying to run from the fight, till it was too late. The impact sent him flying a few feet, his head collided with the ground hard enough to cause a sickening crack and darkness for a few too many minutes before he even dared to move. His head throbbed as he rose back up, seeing the destruction from his place in the dirt only made him sick, the spinning and pain not helping. As he moved to stand once more, legs shaking beneath him, he was faced with one of the enemy lions, a deadly smile on their face as they knocked him back down, spitting out how dead lions shouldn't move. With all his energy gone, he stayed down, the world spinning till darkness took him again for good.
    When he awoke again, it was in a shallow grave, dirt having been kicked over him. He scrambled quickly to escape, breathing quickly becoming harder and harder till he got out. Panting, he took in the remains of the battle, his ears flat against his head as he stumbled past the lions he once knew, his mind not comprehending what had happened. He tried to move faster, shaking his head and spacing out as he made it out of the battlefield, staring at the dirt as his shaky paws carried him so far away. He was stuck in his own head, starting to loose himself slowly as he realized what he just witnessed and what had just happened. Falling to the grass with a grunt, he laid there for a very long while, not even able to remember the names and faces of those he just fought beside as he closed his eyes to rest, knowing that by the time he woke again, he might not ever be the same.
    [Part 2 - Confrontation]
    The large tank lion moved slowly, keeping a submissive posture as he tried moving closer to the angry lion in front of him, trying to reason with him.
    "Servaas, please.. What happened to you?" He ask gentle only to flinch at the roaring response.
    "I don't know you, leave me alone!"
    "Servaas, we were teammates, we lost you in battle, we-"
    "LEAVE ME ALONE." He lunged at the tank this time, tired of the nonsense coming from his mouth as he moved to claw at his throat, the tank trying backing up quickly but wasnt fast enough. Chunks of fur stuck out between Vaas' toes, a deadly snarl on his face as he readied to attack again. It became clear if he didn't leave, a full on fight would break out. There was no getting through to him anymore. The trauma and pain had obviously been too much. Servaas wasnt himself anymore, he was someone new, someone too dangerous to be around. The tank turned and ran off quickly, heading straight back to the pride and leaving Vaas standing there with a snarl.
    (632 words 3,377 characters)
A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pengu. » Sat May 19, 2018 9:40 am

This adopt is now closed.

The winner of LOC #147 is A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵! Congratulations on your new lion. I very much enjoyed your little story about Vaas and was intrigued about how you took on the aftermath of his battle. It will be very interesting to see this LOC around in the community. Don't forget to check out the discord and talk with other members to welcome Vaas into the LOC community and develop him further.

BlueThrush, while your story was wonderful to read, a few things were inaccurate with the species lore and therefore was disqualified. Please read up on the landscape and other important facts about the world these lions live in i.e. there are no streets, alleys, etc. You had taken a more "humanized" approach to this world whereas it is much more feral. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading the story, your writing was excellent c: Don't let this discourage you from participating in the future.

Limited activity due to working full-time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact me on dA, TH, or discord if need be.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Adopt #147 - Closed - Winner Announced

Postby A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ » Sat May 19, 2018 9:43 am

Thank you so much! Dont worry, you will definitely see him around a lot!
    HELLO
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    I'm A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ , feel free to call me Jay ★
    I am an artist ★ I work constantly ★
    ToyhouseMy DATumblr
A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes